Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New member free night after 2 stays promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

I remember this promotion is always there. But today when I refer my friend to register her account. I can't find the promotion.
Does Marriott stop the new member free night after 2 stays promotion?
Thanks!
Old May 4, 2021, 2:51 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by zenghaidong
I remember this promotion is always there. But today when I refer my friend to register her account. I can't find the promotion.
Thanks!
Hi zenghaidong, The Free Night after 2 Stays promotion for new Marriott Bonvoy members was discontinued starting January 1, 2021. New members are encouraged to view the 'Promotions' tab in their account from time to time to see if they have a new offer, and to opt-in to emails so we can send them the latest offers.

Thanks,
Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
Old May 4, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zenghaidong

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
The Free Night after 2 Stays promotion for new Marriott Bonvoy members was discontinued starting January 1, 2021. New members are encouraged to view the 'Promotions' tab in their account from time to time to see if they have a new offer, and to opt-in to emails so we can send them the latest offers.

Thanks,
Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
Thank you for letting us know about this change, however unfavorable it may be.

I was planning to recommend my young adult son, and my nephews and nieces, sign up with Marriott Bonv°y when they knew of two upcoming stays.

Now there is no reason to wait. 🙂
​​​​​​
Old May 4, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
​​​​​​
I suspect this change was not without reason, was likely being abused by repeat "new guests" or people monetizing it by doing cheap 2 night bookings then selling the free night.
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Thank you for letting us know about this change, however unfavorable it may be.

I was planning to recommend my young adult son, and my nephews and nieces, sign up with Marriott Bonv°y when they knew of two upcoming stays.

​​​​​​
It will take at least a month for the referral to show up, so might as well get started.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.