Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Apr 29, 2021] Extended Again! Free Night Awards and Points Expiration

Old Apr 29, 21, 6:20 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

Members, we have good news to share!

We’ve heard your feedback and have now extended the time you have to use your eligible Free Night Awards AND the date for Points Expiration to give you more flexibility and more time to redeem. Here are the details:

Eligible Free Night Awards redemption has been extended to January 3, 2022.

Effective May 7th, 2021 members who currently have a Free Night Award that has an original expiration date in 2020, or which will expire before January 2, 2022, as part of their cobrand credit card benefit, annual choice benefit, promotions or travel package will be able to redeem it through January 3, 2022. Free Night Awards with an original expiration date prior to 2020 will not be eligible for the additional extension. Certain hotels have resort fees. Learn more about Free Night Awards: marrbnvy.com/FNA

Points Expiration is now paused until March 31, 2022.

At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months: marrbnvy.com/PointsExpiration

Keeping your account active is more than just hotel stays - you can also remain active by taking advantage of our partner offers or by using a Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card. These include:

-Eat Around Town: marrbnvy.com/EAT

-Tours & Activities: marrbnvy.com/Tours

-Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card: www.MarriottCards.com

We know how much you’re all looking forward to traveling again and hope these extended dates allow you to take advantage of the member benefits you’ve earned. Safe travels!

Want to be the first to get breaking program news? The Marriott Bonvoy Insiders Facebook Group gives you access to the latest news, offers and tips to get the most out of the program.

Old Apr 29, 21, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Thanks for the great news and much appreciated!!
Old Apr 29, 21, 6:51 am

I know, was poor record keeping on my side, but any way to see the original expiration dates of our certs?
pitflyer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 7:08 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
If I cancel an award reservation using FNA with original expiration date Sept 2021, I presume the FNA will also be extended? The reason I'm asking is because the revenue rate at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is quite reasonable (the rate I have locked in) and considering paying instead.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 29, 21 at 7:28 am
Old Apr 29, 21, 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
What about Suite Night Awards? No extension?
tbm13, CodeAdam10 and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 7:18 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Isavethings View Post
I know, was poor record keeping on my side, but any way to see the original expiration dates of our certs?
The original issue date is shown in the App. For most certificates the original expiration will be one year later.
svo242 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 7:37 am

Thank you Marriott, I'm grateful you took our voices seriously.
I appreciate the extension, although in my opinion travel will blossom internationally next year and not this year, so a full year extension would have made more sense.
Anyhow, we'll see how the situation evolves, and thanks again for the extension.
Old Apr 29, 21, 8:56 am

Programs: Hhonor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
How about the SNA that will expire end of 2021?
TXJeepGuy and MFtraveler like this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:01 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Glad to know. Good that Marriott hears us.
pazza2000 and Pitero like this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by hanto View Post
How about the SNA that will expire end of 2021?
Great question, hopefully these are being extended also
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:08 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Isavethings View Post
Originally Posted by rny321 View Post
The original issue date is shown in the App. For most certificates the original expiration will be one year later.
I see this in the App as well and it looks like this round of extensions will help add 6 months to one of my FNAs and 3 months to the second one. I could definitely use this for a weekend at the Sheraton Park City or the Sheraton in Avon at the 35k rate.
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by agjil View Post
Thank you Marriott, I'm grateful you took our voices seriously.
I appreciate the extension, although in my opinion travel will blossom internationally next year and not this year, so a full year extension would have made more sense.
Anyhow, we'll see how the situation evolves, and thanks again for the extension.
I agree with this, however happy they’ve given us a little more notice this time around and it is clear that the extension includes Travel Packages.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:14 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I do not know how folks can have awards with expiration prior to 2020. My oldest one was awarded in July 2019, but has original expiration of July 2020.

Last edited by RedSun; Apr 29, 21 at 9:29 am
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
I do not how folks can have awards with expiration prior to 2020. My oldest one was awarded in July 2019, but has original expiration of July 2020.
One of the blogs mentioned this could be an old 7-night certificate that got extended.
rogo and tbm13 like this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 9:33 am

I’m not sure how it will work practice, I assume everything will just be auto extended again, however it’s interesting no note that the wording above suggests all TP’s will be extended, however an FNA with an original expiration pre ‘20 won’t!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: