Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Apr 29, 2021] Extended Again! Free Night Awards and Points Expiration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Apr 29, 2021] Extended Again! Free Night Awards and Points Expiration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I just called the Titanium line. Had both my Amex Certificates which were expiring January 3rd extended and reissued by one year until October 20, 2022. Very easy to do and painless.
Where do u find the Titanium phone number? I look around my account and couldn't locate it..
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by pbd456
Where do u find the Titanium phone number? I look around my account and couldn't locate it..
From within the Bonvoy app go to the account tab, Scroll to bottom of page
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Maybe a naive question, but can the 35k/50k free night certificates be gifted to anyone?
I see SPN answered, but you can find more info in the wikipost of the main thread.
SPN Lifer and Happy like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Does anyone remember what was the expiry date on our certs before they were extended to Jan 3/22? I’m thinking Jun 30 but I’m not sure.

Edit:

On Oct 26/20, they were extended to Aug 1/21. And on Apri 29/21, they were extended to Jan 3/22. So that means they were extended 3 months before their expiry date. Does not bode well for our certs this time around!

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 25, 2021 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Does anyone remember what was the expiry date on our certs before they were extended to Jan 3/22? I’m thinking Jun 30 but I’m not sure.

Edit:

On Oct 26/20, they were extended to Aug 1/21. And on Apri 29/21, they were extended to Jan 3/22. So that means they were extended 3 months before their expiry date. Does not bode well for our certs this time around!
It's probably because this time is harder to make a decision compared to the previous extensions.
I still believe Marriott would do the right thing and grant us one more extension into 2022.
Some regions of the world are still not quite open for travel.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by agjil
It's probably because this time is harder to make a decision compared to the previous extensions.
I still believe Marriott would do the right thing and grant us one more extension into 2022.
That, and for some reason the hotels on my list of redemption options keep pushing back their reopening date and are now pushed back to mid-January. This is not an issue if there are alternatives in the same destination within the same category, but that is not the case.
margarita girl and agjil like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I thought CS checked when the certs were issued to decide whether to extend them or not. I have 3 certs that expire on Jan 3/22.

The original issue dates are Oct 8/20, Nov 8/20 and Nov 22/20. I decided to use one of them for a reservation in Nov. Yet website decided to use them in the following order:

Nov 22 cert
Nov 8 cert
Oct 8 cert

(I made 3 reservations and then canceled the first 2 to get rid of the oldest cert.)

Lurkers, does it matter when the cert was issued or are all certs expiring Jan 3/22 treated equally?

I also saw in the other Cert thread that they may all be extended in a few days.
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by agjil
SNIP
This must win an award for the most under-played use of the phrase "not quite". I am in Hong Kong - the epicentre of the most sealed-off region in the world where regional travel is effectively impossible due to widespread prohibitions on non-residents entering countries and punishing three-week quarantines upon return. 21 months now and no end in sight... So, yeah, "not quite" open for travel around here.

On the other hand, I used two Free Night Awards for staycations in HK so if I can use them in these circumstances then anyone can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.