Marriott stays using points

Old Apr 6, 21, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Marriott stays using points

I think I’m missing something. It appears that even if a room is available at a particular hotel, it doesn’t show it being available using points. I thought if a room was available, you could use points to book it. Not any longer?
Old Apr 6, 21, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by traveler4ever View Post
I think I’m missing something. It appears that even if a room is available at a particular hotel, it doesn’t show it being available using points. I thought if a room was available, you could use points to book it. Not any longer?
Welcome to Marriott where we say on FT... Beaucoup Bonv°y!

Apparently hotels can do whatever they want with no regard for Marriott brand standards with no repercussions thanks to a nifty thing called Covid.
SPN Lifer and craigthemif like this.
Old Apr 6, 21, 5:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Alas, there are limitations.

According to the Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions:

3.2.n. The Company has a “Limited Blackout Dates” policy, which means that, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, Participating Properties have standard rooms available every day for Award Redemptions. These limitations and exclusions are:

i. Participating Properties may limit the number of standard rooms available for redemption on a limited number of days.

ii. The following Participating Brands allow only for Points/Miles earnings and do not offer Points redemption: Marriott Executive Apartments®.

iii. The following Participating Properties or Brands either do not participate in or do not fully participate in the Limited Blackout Dates policy at this time:

● JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn® Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ
● Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network – all properties
● Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club – all properties
● Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, Rome, Italy
● Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Hawaii
● Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott - Maui, Hawaii
● Hotel Cala di Volpe, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda, Italy
● Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda, Italy
● Hotel Romazzino, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda, Italy
● Homes & Villas by Marriott International
● North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles
Old Apr 7, 21, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It has to be the standard room that is available. Premium rooms do not need to be made available using points.

Some hotels, therefore, define the standard room as the one room in the basement next to the rubbish bins. I exaggerate... a little...
Old Apr 7, 21, 7:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I think if you gave an actual example, you'll get more considered replies which will better answer your question.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: