Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott have executive customer service desk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

If one wants Marriott customer service, then of course the Marriott.com web site posts the contact information of such service.

But does Marriott have executive customer service?

At least for Hilton, there is an executive customer service desk to which I can go?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:49 pm

What's defined as executive customer service?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

And why does the OP need executive customer service?
Guate87 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's the same thing as the regular customer service, but designed to make people who write to the CEO and the like feel as though they are special.

The cut & paste response will gush about how the CEO and property's GM both personally directed the responding CSR to jump on the issue.

The better question is always what it is that one wants.
SPN Lifer, 360guy, cre95 and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Mr. bonvOY's executive office?
Guate87 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Tanic
Mr. bonvOY's executive office?
Just try googling "VP/SVP/etc Customer Relations Marriott linkedin" and that will give you plenty of executive type folks you can contact.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:27 pm

Hotel groups like Marriott use proprietary software for complaints and compliments. The software ensures nothing gets lost or ignored in an email or voicemail in-box. It also creates a "paper trail" for every issue.

Regardless of whether the compliant is made by calling Central Reservations, using the website form, or reaching out to the Office of the CEO, the process is the same. The compliant will get created in the software and sent to the appropriate entity for resolution.

If a complaint is about a hotel, it will get directed to the hotel. They have a set time to respond (usually 72 hours).

In a previous job, I was responsible for monitoring the complaint/compliment software at a hotel. (This wasn't a Marriott brand, but I firmly believe all hotel groups handle this procedure in a like manner.) In nearly all cases, what the hotel decides will be the final decision. The only exceptions would be in cases where the hotel is clearly violating policies. And by clear, I mean the guest has some sort of proof. In a "guest says this happened; hotel says this happened" situation, the hotel will be believed (unless multiple guests have made similar complaints before).

Certainly, it's conceivable that someone in the CEO's office will decide a certain compliant is worthy of further investigation outside the usual complaint system. But that would be a longshot. If it's not a life safety issue (literally a matter of live and death) or something so egregious it would create national news stories, trying to complain via the CEO's office isn't going to change the outcome.

That's my semi-insider take.
ntamayo, SPN Lifer, 360guy and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Hotel groups like Marriott use proprietary software for complaints and compliments. The software ensures nothing gets lost or ignored in an email or voicemail in-box. It also creates a "paper trail" for every issue.

Regardless of whether the compliant is made by calling Central Reservations, using the website form, or reaching out to the Office of the CEO, the process is the same. The compliant will get created in the software and sent to the appropriate entity for resolution.

If a complaint is about a hotel, it will get directed to the hotel. They have a set time to respond (usually 72 hours).

In a previous job, I was responsible for monitoring the complaint/compliment software at a hotel. (This wasn't a Marriott brand, but I firmly believe all hotel groups handle this procedure in a like manner.) In nearly all cases, what the hotel decides will be the final decision. The only exceptions would be in cases where the hotel is clearly violating policies. And by clear, I mean the guest has some sort of proof. In a "guest says this happened; hotel says this happened" situation, the hotel will be believed (unless multiple guests have made similar complaints before).

Certainly, it's conceivable that someone in the CEO's office will decide a certain compliant is worthy of further investigation outside the usual complaint system. But that would be a longshot. If it's not a life safety issue (literally a matter of live and death) or something so egregious it would create national news stories, trying to complain via the CEO's office isn't going to change the outcome.

That's my semi-insider take.
That sounds like an awesome job actually. Probably read some hilarious complaints.
writerguyfl and benfro6 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 6:09 pm

Many organizations have ways to deal with escalated issues/complaints. Just write to SVP, Group President or CEO and their respective EAs would take appropriate action.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's why sending a certified letter to the CEO is no different than filling out the standard webform. Except the former takes longer because somebody has to scan it in.

Complaints do get elevated, but not based on the addressee.

In addition, in any customer-facing organization, a few complaints a day are randomly sent to senior people just so that they can keep their finger on the pulse of what is going on and see how things are handled.

On the other hand, as in all customer-facing organizations, there are some customers who cannot be made happy. The name of the game is not to throw good money after bad and let them go.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Actually many times addressee play a big part to get an issue escalated/elevated/have higher priority/dealt with a focus on amicable resolution/or whatever one wants to call. EAs get these all the time. Common in large organizations.
On the other hand, as in all customer-facing organizations, there are some customers who cannot be made happy. The name of the game is not to throw good money after bad and let them go.
Focus for any organization would be to try and resolve with positive outcome. If there is just no way, then I have seen companies put their best foot forward and leave it at that.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mileageking
Actually many times addressee play a big part to get an issue escalated/elevated/have higher priority/dealt with a focus on amicable resolution/or whatever one wants to call. EAs get these all the time. Common in large organizations.
With UA, directing correspondence to Oscar Munoz sometimes succeeded when other channels failed. I did this once and got a one-off resolution that was more generous than what I was seeking.
donotblink and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Once upon a time, long before Bonvoy, some people reported success when they contacted Bill Marriott's office.
rylan and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
It's the same thing as the regular customer service, but designed to make people who write to the CEO and the like feel as though they are special.
Referring to the OPs question, is this a confirmatory statement that Marriott does not have an executive customer service office, separate from the regular customer service function ?

In addition, in any customer-facing organization, a few complaints a day are randomly sent to senior people just so that they can keep their finger on the pulse of what is going on and see how things are handled.
Again, is this your knowledge of what happens at Marriott ?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think that you are all piling on the OP unnecessarily.

The question sounds to me as whether Marriott has specific customer service for elite members, in the same way that Hilton has a "Diamond desk".

Or is AA's Executive Platinum customer service managed by the CEO's office as well?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.