Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott All Inclusive Points Redemption Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum

Hey all,

Since I’m basically seeing 0 supporting information from Marriott, I’m assuming there is no way to redeem Bonvoy points for an all inclusive anywhere is there?

It seems the all inclusives Marriott has are all cash based reservations.

Anyone have confirmatory info they can share?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
People def have reported staying at the Westin CR Playa Conchal on points. Thats an AI resort.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
https://www.businessinsider.com/pers...true&r=US&IR=T

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I had a points reservation for Marriott Hurghada - a resort in Egypt that offers all-inclusive. The hotel told me I could pay a daily cash charge per person for all-inclusive (in addition to my points for the room) or stay room-only using only points. Covid meant I couldn't travel in the end.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:29 am

There are some properties, albeit not many, that’s lounge offering (if you have access) is close to an AI offering. Examples would be the lounge at the JW M. Marquis or Grosvenor House in Dubai, or Domes of Elounda in Greece (albeit I don’t think elites are recently entitled to lounge access there anymore)
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Hmm ok so all inclusive with points seems like the rarity more then the common.

I.e their new 19 all inclusives around the world, there is no 'routine program' to see redemption rates, shop it around etc.?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Erome
..................new 19 all inclusives around the world...........
What are those 19 all inclusives? I must have missed an announcement.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TerryK
What are those 19 all inclusives? I must have missed an announcement.

Marriott adds 19 all-inclusive resorts, mainly Royalton
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'd call this Full Board rather than All Inclusive. No alcohol or other drinks (other than water) are included.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I wish Marriott would add more points-eligible all inclusive properties. I had a nice stay at the Hyatt in Puerto Vallarta recently and it was great being able to use points for that.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I had a points reservation for Marriott Hurghada - a resort in Egypt that offers all-inclusive. The hotel told me I could pay a daily cash charge per person for all-inclusive (in addition to my points for the room) or stay room-only using only points. Covid meant I couldn't travel in the end.
IMO there's a difference when a hotel offers an all inclusive (or full board) rate as an option versus where the entire property is all inclusive (or full board) exclusively. If it's an option, then the hotel can choose to give people using points or certs the option to pay something in addition in order to get the all inclusive or full board privileges during the stay.

When a hotel offers nothing but all inclusive or full board cash rates, I would expect award stays to have the same all inclusive or full board privileges. Anything else would be inconvenient for everyone and could serve to brand those staying on points or certs as second class citizens or worse.

BTW, lounge access at RC properties (not free for any status tier) is essentially very close to full board with alcohol included. The same is true for some lounge access places in Asia, for example Prince Gallery Tokyo where lounge access is sadly no longer given to elites. In fact, even the Singapore StR once was similar, with daily big buffet (plus hot items to be ordered and served) breakfast (of course), a daily wine tasting, and a daily appetizer and drink to be taken either in the lobby bar or (more hearty food, including an appetizer buffet at one point) the poolside (Italian IIRC) restaurant and bar.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO there's a difference when a hotel offers an all inclusive (or full board) rate as an option versus where the entire property is all inclusive (or full board) exclusively. If it's an option, then the hotel can choose to give people using points or certs the option to pay something in addition in order to get the all inclusive or full board privileges during the stay.

When a hotel offers nothing but all inclusive or full board cash rates, I would expect award stays to have the same all inclusive or full board privileges. Anything else would be inconvenient for everyone and could serve to brand those staying on points or certs as second class citizens or worse.
I completely agree, but have not stayed in a Marriott that is only all-inclusive. I have at a Hilton where the rewards room comes with all-inclusive board. Hopefully the same at a Wyndham hotel later this year!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Hilton where the rewards room comes with all-inclusive.
What Hilton is that?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
What Hilton is that?
Hilton Sarigerme Resort & Spa, Dalaman, Turkey
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Al Maha is full board plus included activities, so it's a little bit more than JUST food included. The only thing you'd need to pay for is alcohol (we hit up duty free on the way out of the airport instead). And the experience, from the rooms/location to service, is truly extraordinary - we were there a year ago and can't stop talking about how much we want to go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.