Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Question on maximizing points promo and amex offer

Old Feb 14, 21, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Have two rooms booked from two accounts - each just over $100. Can I transfer 100 from one folio to another to trigger 50 off 200 amex so both post as paid qualifying stays for the purpose of points promo?
I believe this amex promo is not cumulative so need a single 200+ charge to trigger... and no option to get gc anywhere around me... thx!
Old Feb 15, 21, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
why not change the second booking to your account????if you transfer the second folio to your folio then in any case the stay & points won't go to the second account....
Old Feb 15, 21, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that to earn points and nights credits, you must both STAY and PAY. If someone else's room is charged to your credit card, no one can get night credits for it.
Old Feb 15, 21, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Have two rooms booked from two accounts - each just over $100. Can I transfer 100 from one folio to another to trigger 50 off 200 amex so both post as paid qualifying stays for the purpose of points promo?
I believe this amex promo is not cumulative so need a single 200+ charge to trigger... and no option to get gc anywhere around me... thx!
Check with the hotel itself if its selling gift cards. If so buy one when you check in and then use the same one to pay for both the rooms when you check out. If the hotel does not have a physical gift card on the property ask them if they can reload funds on an existing gift card and then provide a gift card number (if you happen to have one with balance still on it). If you don't,then purchase an eGiftcard (which wont trigger the credit) for the minimum amount and ask them to add more funds to it.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 15, 21, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hotel doesn't sell go. Call around. - none do.
Both rooms we are staying and paying. The idea is to check out with 200 balance on one folio for amex and one account promo and a few on the other that would still count for stay and promo.
Old Feb 15, 21, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Hotel doesn't sell go. Call around. - none do.
Both rooms we are staying and paying. The idea is to check out with 200 balance on one folio for amex and one account promo and a few on the other that would still count for stay and promo.
Might be a bit complicated, but this has worked for me before. Prepay $200 on one room using credit card authorization, then transfer credit balance to the second room when you check out of hotel. Have the second party pay the remaining amount owing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: