Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Accidentally booked a room on the app and cancelled immediately

Accidentally booked a room on the app and cancelled immediately

Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by yule_boy
Brilliant! I'm going to do this too. I use my credit cards so much online these days that I have the numbers memorized anyway. And one less thing to worry about if Marriott gets hacked!
Not only for this reason.

The more places you store your financial data, the greater the chances of harm & hassle. The first step in cyber security is not creating the data to be stolen.
SPN Lifer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I was once trying to book the University Arms in Cambridge for a few weeks time, but completely missed that the dates had been reset when I’d refreshed the page (or something) so ended up booking for the day of booking. I immediately called the hotel, who very graciously moved the stay to the correct dates without any fuss. Needless to say, I have returned to the hotel a couple of times.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
I dpn't see a difference between 5 seconds later or 10 hours later. T-24 is T-24 is T-24.

Just curious - what exactly was the mistake? how does the app interface cause you to accidentally book a 6000 USD hotel?
happened to me once but was a far lower value!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:11 pm

Here is a trick. Ask the hotel to change your date a week out. Then you call them a few days before to cancel.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by etkuo
So question... anyone made a similar mistake before?
Back in the early days of online commerce, USAir introduced their own (DOS-based, iirc) reservation application. When playing around with it when it was new, I accidentally booked business class flights to Paris. Back then, companies weren't nearly as stringent and a call quickly cancelled it.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CPRich
Back in the early days of online commerce, USAir introduced their own (DOS-based, iirc) reservation application. When playing around with it when it was new, I accidentally booked business class flights to Paris. Back then, companies weren't nearly as stringent and a call quickly cancelled it.
I remember the good old days of USAir begins with U!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:59 am

I’ve made this mistake a few times, it’s much easier done via the Marriott App vs other Hotel Group App’s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.