Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

On my way to be the first person reaching 100 nights and $14000 USD+ spent this year!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On my way to be the first person reaching 100 nights and $14000 USD+ spent this year!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My main business is 100% owned by me. So yes my company pays for tax purposes but it's my money unless a business partner is paying.

I've spent far far more than 150k.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott15
People do own their own company......Yes "I have spent" over 125k in 5 years of my companies money. We have 60 reps just in our division that probably average 100k over a 5 year period. "My Company" probably spends alone 6 million on hotel rooms over that 5 year span. We have 3 divisions. That's not even without paying for flights.... Interesting article below.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/bus...ss-travel.html
Originally Posted by SHLTP
My main business is 100% owned by me. So yes my company pays for tax purposes but it's my money unless a business partner is paying.

I've spent far far more than 150k.
By all means people own their own companies. But it's not "spending your own money". It's a business expense necessary to cater to your clients who are paying for it directly or indirectly via the price of the goods or services being sold. And FWIW the government is paying its share via the tax write-off of the business expense.

"Spending your own money" is taking personal post-tax income, accumulated savings or business dividends are spending them on a holiday somewhere.
nequine and Guate87 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by craigthemif
By all means people own their own companies. But it's not "spending your own money". It's a business expense necessary to cater to your clients who are paying for it directly or indirectly via the price of the goods or services being sold. And FWIW the government is paying its share via the tax write-off of the business expense.

"Spending your own money" is taking personal post-tax income, accumulated savings or business dividends are spending them on a holiday somewhere.
Well said. Pity Marriott can’t distinguish between business and leisure and throw some goodies at those of us who have spent our own hard earned, post tax money on hotel stays
nequine and Guate87 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm at 80 nights this morning, after my 50 "rollover" posted, but I'm nowhere near $14,000 spend at the moment.
I went back to this thread this morning to find when my 50 nights posted. Today I got an email from Bonvoy Ambassador Service informing me that the 50 nights have posted. They seem to have missed the boat by about ten days.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
First 15 days at Ocean front suite in Le Meridian
then 7 nights at suite in St .Regis
i am doing the remaining 20 nights at St. Regis suites
After that, I will move to marvelous suites at W hotels

Me and my wife are paying our own bill
Lottery or inheritance?
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mileageking
Lottery or inheritance?
I don’t know OP, but some individuals have high paying jobs or high net worth due to their employment and investments.

Lucky them! 🤙🏻
SPN Lifer and Sohan like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
I hope that no one is actively working towards any lifetime status anywhere. It's a fools errand. The lifetime of a hotel loyalty program may prove to be quite finite... or the life of a particular status ("well, yes, you're Platinum for life but what used to come with Platinum now requires Unobtanium Elite") rather disappointing too.

I especially don't get the love for Hyatt here. Not from a program perspective but footprint. Where the heck are y'all traveling where Hyatts exist? Among my frequent destinations, I can think of perhaps two offhand that have Hyatt options. And especially at the highest end of mass-market travel, Park Hyatt/Grand Hyatts are exceptionally rare compared to Ritz-Carlton, Luxury Collection, Waldorf=Astoria and other high-end MR/HH properties...
It's easier just to get an Amex card and use the Fine Hotel and Resorts benefits. I have lifetime Platinum, but it was supposed to be lifetime Titanium with more than 10+ years as a Platinum and 900+ nights. But they didn't award it to me. So as you said, my SPG Platinum is now devaluated as Unobtanium Elite aka Titanium, it's equivalent. So now I'm really a Gold. Yea, it happened to me.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I have no hope for Ambassador. I will have 90 nights by the end of March but with $95 hotel rooms where I travel vs. they $200+ they were before COVID there is no way I can make it. Kind of sad as I was hoping to cruise in to retirement in 2022 with 1 year of Ambassador. I have been Marriott's highest level since mid-2000s.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hnewman
I have no hope for Ambassador. I will have 90 nights by the end of March but with $95 hotel rooms where I travel vs. they $200+ they were before COVID there is no way I can make it. Kind of sad as I was hoping to cruise in to retirement in 2022 with 1 year of Ambassador. I have been Marriott's highest level since mid-2000s.
You don't have to stop at 100 nights!

Stay 200 nights if you need to. Spend money in the restaurants. Upgrade to a suite. There are lots of ways to get there if it's that important to you.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Stay 200 nights if you need to. Spend money in the restaurants. Upgrade to a suite. There are lots of ways to get there if it's that important to you.
Yes I find it shockingly easy to spend too much money in hotels. SGS alone got something like $15k from me in 2019.
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I could do the restaurants, but none are open but upgrades are not possible given my customer. Staying 200 nights is possible given work requirements.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by Herb687
I especially don't get the love for Hyatt here. Not from a program perspective but footprint. Where the heck are y'all traveling where Hyatts exist? Among my frequent destinations, I can think of perhaps two offhand that have Hyatt options. And especially at the highest end of mass-market travel, Park Hyatt/Grand Hyatts are exceptionally rare compared to Ritz-Carlton, Luxury Collection, Waldorf=Astoria and other high-end MR/HH properties...
For the not as wealthy posters on FT, we get it. Check the post volume for the past six months on FT. Hyatt has consistently topped Marriott and Hilton in post count. Hilton has lagged behind Marriott. Only my observation. Would love to see graphic proof.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
So this thread has me looking up YTD count among the three brands most often used. Could the hotel program world be more convoluted? What is this, day 45 of 2021?

Hilton 28 nights
Hyatt 121 nights
Marriott 58 nights

And to the OP......never post on FT thinking you're at the top of the class. I'd like to post how little was spent to accumulate the YTD nights, but there is someone out there that can beat me to the bottom.

Edit to add for extra humor: National Car Rental
Rentals during 2021...... 1...... YTD Rental Days...... 321
margarita girl and DrMilano like this.

Last edited by hedoman; Feb 15, 2021 at 9:42 am
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Lucky you. Such a depressing post for those of us in the UK. Looks like travel is pretty much out of the question until at least mid March.
With you there! I'm 21 nights short for lifetime platinum (100% leisure stays!) and hope the restrictions end for the summer so I can start to pick away at those nights.

Well done to the OP... currently extended time outside my house, let alone a night in a hotel would be great!
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hedoman
And to the OP......never post on FT thinking you're at the top of the class.
Yup. It's likely that someone cleared $14k within the first few days of the new year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.