Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Already have 30 nights at Hyatt. Having to stay 60-nights at Hyatt without the Marriott breakfast benefit and suite upgrades is the downside for now, plus having to do this for 10 more years. Marriott has so many Platinums though, that upgrades to suites are a rarity. I'm going to reduce my Marriott credit cards to one and replace them with Hyatt cards to help with Hyatt status.
This isn't actually true. Hyatt lifetime is only counted on base points i.e. $ spent, which is about $200k (there are some bonus things but hard to use). If you spend $200k in one year you get lifetime Globalist. If you spend $10k and maintain Globalist every year you still won't have lifetime until 20 years.

Hyatt card is not that useful for nights unless you have a ton of MS.
Lifetimenotelite likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UASPG
After reading "Unfortunately don’t get too excited, because Marriott’s Suite Night Awards are nowhere near as useful as the Suite Upgrade Awards that World of Hyatt Globalist members receive, each of which is valid for a suite upgrade at the time of booking for a stay of up to seven nights." on OMAT, I thought that this Hyatt benefit would be perfect for the Lifetime Rhodium status.
Those Suite Upgrade Awards would be credited each year after the completion of 75 nights, if you have that status.
Currently no one gets SNAs automatically. They must be selected (in a set of five) after 50 and 75 nights. Other choices are possible, which are somewhat different for 50 vs 75 nights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
I'm with you on the being peeved. I made it in the 10th year but Marriott told me I didn't. I should have taken screen shots of the website and App but I didn't. Marriott won't tell me why when I send them the 10 years I made Platinum, with the 10th year being the Marriott takeover of SPG. So now I'm just LTP instead of LTT.
In the wake of the 2018 SPG integration (aka Borg assimilation) Marriott made an ungodly mess of my SPG night credits (they removed all the 2x stays I had accrued during a targeted promo from April-July 2018). It was only the intervention of the legendary SPG lurker William Sanders that allowed me to preserve my status into 2019 (endless calls to CS had proved fruitless).

Now I'm paranoid about doing screenshots of my account status at year end.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by yurtripper; Jul 25, 2022 at 11:53 am
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
So I thought I'd revive this thread in light of the fact that now everyone with the Amex Brilliant card is Platinum. As someone who earned LTP the hard way I'm annoyed. As someone who was relatively close to LTT when Marriott briefly opened it after the SPG merger, but couldn't quite make it, I'm doubly annoyed. And all the speculation about how Marriott will devalue Platinum as a result of the new Amex deal is making me triply annoyed. Granted, that part is speculation, but still...

I'm hoping that LTT will become an option again.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp (Post # 214)
As someone who was relatively close to LTT when Marriott briefly opened it after the SPG merger, but couldn't quite make it, I'm doubly annoyed. . . .

I'm hoping that LTT will become an option again.
Actually, it was available for many years before 31 December 2018, as lifetime Platinum --before Gold was renamed Platinum and a new "Gold Light" introduced.

The former lifetime Platinum required 750 nights and 2 million base points. At the time of its abrupt cancellation with six months notice, I had accrued 1.3 million base points. I was unforgettably and brutally Bonvyed!

The annual 30 credit card nights (Chase & AmEx business) will push me to lifetime Platinum early next year. For the past two years I have shifted most of my stays and all of our credit card spend to the accounts of my wife of 30 years, so she can earn lifetime Platinum, too. 💚

I am sure many of us would welcome the reinstatement of lifetime Titanium Elite qualification, even if it requires 1000 nights or more.
drod and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
When I ascended to LifeTit I imagined that I would always be greeted at check-in by the adoring hotel staff and whisked to the Presidential Suite where a lavish layout of Champagne, caviar, and assorted fine pastries would await (complimentary of course) but that has only happened twice.
sxpsxpsxp and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by EricH
When I ascended to LifeTit I imagined that I would always be greeted at check-in by the adoring hotel staff and whisked to the Presidential Suite where a lavish layout of Champagne, caviar, and assorted fine pastries would await (complimentary of course) but that has only happened twice.
According to what I was told many times, the system, that the front desk or the front office has, does not show the "LifeTime" part of the status, just that the guest is at the Titanium level.
tfung and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by EricH
wow! That’s two times more than it’s happened to me!
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by jimrpa
wow! That’s two times more than it’s happened to me!
Or me with over 3800 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.