Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: brc01
Link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DD21

Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay* of two or more nights.

• Register now, then earn on stays from February 16 through April 27, 2021. Registration ends April 13, 2021.
  • Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay of two or more nights — with no earning limits.
  • Choose from thousands of hotels and resorts participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ worldwide. Travel confidently with flexible cancellation and our Commitment to Clean.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, gift cards, exclusive experiences and so much more.
Discover extraordinary hotel brands you'll love — whether you stay close to home or venture out.
Terms & Conditions:

A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 13, 2021, will earn double points plus double Elite Night Credits on eligible paid stays of two nights or more during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between February 16, 2021, and April 27, 2021, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per eligible stay. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s Elite Night Credits or stay. Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–7 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Link to FAQs: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-27593

What is the Q1 2021 promotion? After you're registered for the promotion. Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits for stays of two nights or more, between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021.
What are the registration and earning dates? Register now through April 13, 2021. After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.
What is the registration link? You may register here: www.marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether
Does this promotion have a maximum earning potential? With this promotion, you can earn unlimited bonus points. There is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn during the promotion period.
Is the double points earning applicable to all points or just the member’s base points? Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on each stay.
Which hotels/brands do and do not participate in this promotion? All brands participate except Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks. Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, BVLGARI, and other hotels that do not currently participate in Marriott Bonvoy™ are also excluded from the promotion.
Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits.
Do stays at The Ritz-Carlton count towards this promotion? Yes. Explore participating hotel brands here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
Can Marriott associates participate in the promotion? Yes, Marriott associates are eligible to participate and earn double bonus points and elite night credits on eligible stays.
If a member earns airline miles, are they eligible for this promotion? If you’re currently earning airline miles, you are not eligible for this promotion. To earn points with this promotion, change your earning preference in your Membership Account Profile from miles to points.
If a member has two rooms at the same time with his or her family, do both rooms count toward bonus stays/nights if they’re paying for both? Only one room per hotel at a time will count as an eligible stay for the promotion offer even if member pays for additional rooms.

Example: Member paid for 3 rooms:
  • Only one room will earn elite night credit
  • Points will be earned on all 3 rooms providing they were all on one hotel bill.
If a member’s stay crosses over the promotion earning period dates, will their stay count toward promotion credit? If you are registered prior to your stay, your stay is eligible and if at least one night of your stay falls within the promotion period, it will count toward promotion credit.
When will the Points/Credits be added to my account? They will post 5-7 days after the Marriott Bonvoy™ stay occurs, providing all promotion terms were met.
Does the Elite Night Credit count towards Lifetime? Yes, providing the Marriott Bonvoy™ Member met the Promotion qualifications and earned Elite Night Credit they will count.
Do Double Points count for Incidentals? Double Points only apply to the Stay, not for incidentals (eg Dining).
Can members book through a third-party site and earn bonus points? No. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates are ineligible to earn points with this promotion. Book via the Marriott Bonvoy™ mobile app or on Marriott.com to ensure you earn your bonus points.
How do I as a Marriott Bonvoy™ member book a combination of both redemption stays and paid nights? Please visit How Do I Make a Cash + Points Reservation?
Does a Cash and Points Stay qualify for this promotion? A Cash and Point reservation for multiple nights comprising of both a paid rate and points.

Example:

Providing all Promotion terms were met and your Stay was for 6 Nights (5 Booked on Points and 1 Paid Night for a total of 6 Nights)
  • You will earn a Bonus of 6 Elite Night Credits (5 for the Redemption Nights and 1 for the Paid Night) 6 for Base + 6 Bonus =12 Net Total
  • You will earn Double Points on the Paid Night
What if my Stay crosses over the earning period? Providing all promotion terms are met a Member will earn Double Points for the eligible Stay (if at least 1 Night of the Stay falls within the Promotion earning period and at least 1 night is a Paid Rate). Double Elite Night Credits will only count for the Nights within the Promotion earning period.

© 2021 Marriott International, Inc.

Print Wikipost

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by seanp7
Ugh, this is infuriating.

Stay #1 - no double points, no double nights
Stay #2 - no double points, but double nights
🤷‍♂️
Same here.

I’m guessing it’s cheaper for Marriott to advertise a promotion, fail to deliver, and provide compensation to those who notice that Marriott failed to deliver.

Ambassador Elite continues to disappoint.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by miloworld
I got positive confirmation from the Lurkers.

That's good to know although it is contrary to what I was told as well as what it states in the FAQs:
"Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits."
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by friedablass; Mar 14, 2021 at 6:22 pm
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass

That's good to know although it is contrary to what I was told as well as what it states in the FAQs:
"Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits."
Even this in ambiguous. It can be interpreted to state that, since a stay must be two or more nights to qualify for the promotion, a paid night with one or more redemption nights in the same reservation, it (the one paid night) will count towards the promotion.

So the real question is, what is "it"? Is it the one paid night or all the nights in the stay? It isn't clear.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Mar 14, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Even this in ambiguous. It can be interpreted to state that, since a stay must be two or more nights to qualify for the promotion, a paid night with one or more redemption nights in the same reservation, it (the one paid night) will count towards the promotion.

So the real question is, what is "it"? Is it the one paid night or all the nights in the stay? It isn't clear.

James
I agree that this is certainly confusing. But to me its pretty clear that a 1 night points or certificate stay on its own reservation, even if consecutive to a paid stay would not count like I was told. But others were told the opposite, so just adds to the confusion.

A different poster here previously said this already, but in the past Marriott has clearly only honored paid nights with promotions. This FAQ threw a wrench into this promo. While I would like them to honor the promo on points nights as well because of this, I understand why it isn't happening automatically- they were probably meant to be excluded.

FWIW, Hyatt did honor award nights on their recent double nights promo (not as an exception, but they were part of the promo in the first place) so it wouldn't be so terrible if Marriott would as well.

Last edited by friedablass; Mar 14, 2021 at 11:25 pm
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
See post #330 and #335 as well as the actual Marriott FAQs stating that an eligible stay containing a points night must include a paid night on the same reservation. Others before me already tried consecutive reservations and those did not qualify.

At least I switched mine to being in one single reservation so when push comes to shove and I don't have my double nights after 14 business days I can legitimately request manual posting.

Separate reservations, even consecutive ones are not eligible if one of the reservations is a single night. If you got or get a different response to this from a Lurker I'll be more than happy to be wrong. But again, as far as I was told and as far as the FAQs state the nights need to be under a single reservation.
Why would anyone place separate cash and points reservations with consecutive dates, instead of one one cash+points reservation, and hope that double nights are credited ? That's just asking for trouble and being subjected to different interpretations by different agents. Keep it simple and put it all in one reservation
SPN Lifer and friedablass like this.

Last edited by hoipolloi; Mar 15, 2021 at 12:08 am
Old Mar 14, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Why would anyone put consecutive cash then points reservation instead of all into one reservation and hope that double nights are credited ? That's just asking for trouble and being subjected to different interpretations by different agents. Keep it simple and put it all in one reservation
To begin with, you cannot make Redemption + Cash reservations > 10 nights online. Not even phone agents can do it, I’ve seen some done it after multiple escalations but I wasn’t able to.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:51 pm

Can someone confirm if i do cash + points, cash can be any night and not the first one? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by bobu
Can someone confirm if i do cash + points, cash can be any night and not the first one? Thanks.
Yes any night, I chose the cheapest night on Cash
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I can't even get a hotel to post 3 consecutive nights as a single stay, they've broken them into 3 stays so I'm not eligible for the promotion. They were booked individually due to room availability but seriously, how hard is it to merge bookings?!

Loads of back and forth with the ambassador team and this is the best they've been able to do. What a joke
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Why would anyone place separate cash and points reservations with consecutive dates, instead of one one cash+points reservation, and hope that double nights are credited ? That's just asking for trouble and being subjected to different interpretations by different agents. Keep it simple and put it all in one reservation
I booked the two paid nights through Amex travel but paid at the hotel. There are some threads covering whether such bookings earn points if they are pre-paid or post-paid. I used the post-paid option to see if I could earn both Bonvoy points/nights and the $200 credit from Amex travel offered to some Platinum card holders. Both of those things happened, which is great. I added the single free night certificate because I didn't want to use points for the stay. I did attempt, via phone with a Marriott agent and at the hotel, to "combine" the reservations. In practice this happened as I did not check out/in after the second night but the three nights did not fall under a single confirmation number.

I was familiar with the booking guidelines for cash + points stays and would have followed those in other circumstances to ensure (as one is able) there were no issues with points/nights posting according to the T&Cs of the promotion. For reasons stated above, I did something different though similar to the cash + points booking concept.

The T&Cs define a stay as "consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points eligible rate." My first two nights were certainly points eligible rates. Apparently my third night was as well (correct me if I am wrong here) since I charged breakfast (partially offset by Platinum F&B credit) to my room. The T&Cs indicate the separate reservations may not, therefore, be a prohibition on earning double elite nights for the last night of my stay.

I am quite happy to book two paid nights and one free night certificate night and walk away with five credited nights and the correct amount of promo bonus points according to base rate. If my activity would qualify for double elite nights on the free night certificate night, all the better. There may be others similarly situated who may benefit from my experience and having the lurker answer a question I posed after speaking with a Marriott agent. I have benefitted from using others' experience here and hope to likewise contribute to the community.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by newshound
I can't even get a hotel to post 3 consecutive nights as a single stay, they've broken them into 3 stays so I'm not eligible for the promotion. They were booked individually due to room availability but seriously, how hard is it to merge bookings?!

Loads of back and forth with the ambassador team and this is the best they've been able to do. What a joke
They can't. They will be treated as 3 separate stays in spite of Marriott's rules/T&Cs.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by newshound

This has been discussed over the years loads of times. Unfortunately, there is no combining into a single reservation unless its booked that way. In the vast majority of cases the hotel will not make you physically check in and out (they will do it for you), but ultimately you will get separate folios for each reservation. This might be frustrating, annoying, etc especially when you lose out on a promo such as this one because of that, but that's the sad reality.

Originally Posted by DBAB
...I did attempt, via phone with a Marriott agent and at the hotel, to "combine" the reservations. In practice this happened as I did not check out/in after the second night but the three nights did not fall under a single confirmation number.
This essentially means that your reservation obviously wasn't combined - all that happened was, is that your bookings were notated to be connected so you were not required to physically check out/in just like I said above. Not having to do that doesn't mean your reservations were combined. A combined reservation has to be booked that way under 1 confirmation.

I've had times when I used a free night cc cert from my account and then one from my spouse's account for the next night. I called to have the reservations connected so we can stay in the same room and not have to bother with check out/in and it was done. That in no way means the reservations were combined. We each earned our elite night on our separate accounts.

Originally Posted by DBAB
The T&Cs define a stay as "consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points eligible rate." My first two nights were certainly points eligible rates. Apparently my third night was as well (correct me if I am wrong here) since I charged breakfast (partially offset by Platinum F&B credit) to my room.
How does charging breakfast to your room for the third night make the rate for that night a points eligible rate? The breakfast charge is points eligible but the rate for that night which was a free night cert is clearly not points eligible whichever way you slice it.

I totally understand why you booked your stay the way you did and I hope that you will prevail in receiving what you were told you would get even though its not a clear cut situation.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Enterprise Silver
[/QUOTE]
How does charging breakfast to your room for the third night make the rate for that night a points eligible rate? The breakfast charge is points eligible but the rate for that night which was a free night cert is clearly not points eligible whichever way you slice it.

I totally understand why you booked your stay the way you did and I hope that you will prevail in receiving what you were told you would get even though its not a clear cut situation.[/QUOTE]

I (unexpectedly) earned points for the night I used a free night certificate. The points do not align with the small charge I had for breakfast and I did not receive points as a welcome gift (I chose F&B credit). Totals for the third night were 3,311 (2,207 base + 1,104 elite + 0 extra). Since I cannot identify where those points came from, I am guessing that somehow the stay coded as a "points eligible rate." It could also just be Marriott IT doing as it does.

One day I will understand how Marriott's IT systems identifies, analyzes, and posts points and nights. That day is not today.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Checked out on the 10th. Patiently waiting for the stays and points to post. Yes it is cash and points. They said I had to wait until the 20th for the points to post. Ugh!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Checked out on the 10th. Patiently waiting for the stays and points to post. Yes it is cash and points. They said I had to wait until the 20th for the points to post. Ugh!
10-14 Business days they say one has to wait until they will corrects the nights and points

Still waiting for a stay from Feb 24 to be corrected 😡

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.