Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: brc01
Link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DD21

Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay* of two or more nights.

• Register now, then earn on stays from February 16 through April 27, 2021. Registration ends April 13, 2021.
  • Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay of two or more nights — with no earning limits.
  • Choose from thousands of hotels and resorts participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ worldwide. Travel confidently with flexible cancellation and our Commitment to Clean.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, gift cards, exclusive experiences and so much more.
Discover extraordinary hotel brands you'll love — whether you stay close to home or venture out.
Terms & Conditions:

A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 13, 2021, will earn double points plus double Elite Night Credits on eligible paid stays of two nights or more during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between February 16, 2021, and April 27, 2021, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per eligible stay. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s Elite Night Credits or stay. Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–7 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Link to FAQs: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-27593

What is the Q1 2021 promotion? After you're registered for the promotion. Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits for stays of two nights or more, between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021.
What are the registration and earning dates? Register now through April 13, 2021. After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.
What is the registration link? You may register here: www.marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether
Does this promotion have a maximum earning potential? With this promotion, you can earn unlimited bonus points. There is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn during the promotion period.
Is the double points earning applicable to all points or just the member’s base points? Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on each stay.
Which hotels/brands do and do not participate in this promotion? All brands participate except Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks. Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, BVLGARI, and other hotels that do not currently participate in Marriott Bonvoy™ are also excluded from the promotion.
Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits.
Do stays at The Ritz-Carlton count towards this promotion? Yes. Explore participating hotel brands here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
Can Marriott associates participate in the promotion? Yes, Marriott associates are eligible to participate and earn double bonus points and elite night credits on eligible stays.
If a member earns airline miles, are they eligible for this promotion? If you’re currently earning airline miles, you are not eligible for this promotion. To earn points with this promotion, change your earning preference in your Membership Account Profile from miles to points.
If a member has two rooms at the same time with his or her family, do both rooms count toward bonus stays/nights if they’re paying for both? Only one room per hotel at a time will count as an eligible stay for the promotion offer even if member pays for additional rooms.

Example: Member paid for 3 rooms:
  • Only one room will earn elite night credit
  • Points will be earned on all 3 rooms providing they were all on one hotel bill.
If a member’s stay crosses over the promotion earning period dates, will their stay count toward promotion credit? If you are registered prior to your stay, your stay is eligible and if at least one night of your stay falls within the promotion period, it will count toward promotion credit.
When will the Points/Credits be added to my account? They will post 5-7 days after the Marriott Bonvoy™ stay occurs, providing all promotion terms were met.
Does the Elite Night Credit count towards Lifetime? Yes, providing the Marriott Bonvoy™ Member met the Promotion qualifications and earned Elite Night Credit they will count.
Do Double Points count for Incidentals? Double Points only apply to the Stay, not for incidentals (eg Dining).
Can members book through a third-party site and earn bonus points? No. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates are ineligible to earn points with this promotion. Book via the Marriott Bonvoy™ mobile app or on Marriott.com to ensure you earn your bonus points.
How do I as a Marriott Bonvoy™ member book a combination of both redemption stays and paid nights? Please visit How Do I Make a Cash + Points Reservation?
Does a Cash and Points Stay qualify for this promotion? A Cash and Point reservation for multiple nights comprising of both a paid rate and points.

Example:

Providing all Promotion terms were met and your Stay was for 6 Nights (5 Booked on Points and 1 Paid Night for a total of 6 Nights)
  • You will earn a Bonus of 6 Elite Night Credits (5 for the Redemption Nights and 1 for the Paid Night) 6 for Base + 6 Bonus =12 Net Total
  • You will earn Double Points on the Paid Night
What if my Stay crosses over the earning period? Providing all promotion terms are met a Member will earn Double Points for the eligible Stay (if at least 1 Night of the Stay falls within the Promotion earning period and at least 1 night is a Paid Rate). Double Elite Night Credits will only count for the Nights within the Promotion earning period.

© 2021 Marriott International, Inc.

Print Wikipost

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, you can use AAA rates.
how does one choose that? online it does not let me choose AAA and Points?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kauppias
how does one choose that? online it does not let me choose AAA and Points?
I see what you’re saying. I thought it worked for me a couple of days ago, but now that I’m trying to repeat it, I see that the hotel offers a package rate which is the same price as AAA rate. Maybe that’s what I was seeing. I’ll amend my post.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I see what you’re saying. I thought it worked for me a couple of days ago, but now that I’m trying to repeat it, I see that the hotel offers a package rate which is the same price as AAA rate. Maybe that’s what I was seeing. I’ll amend my post.
ok no worries I wonder if it can be done over the phone
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Hi, it looks like 17 except no matter what combination I use the free room disappears. I tried with 6 and 7 nights (one night paid and the rest points). No matter which night I choose to pay for, the free night goes away. Also the room rate goes up by $40 from paying for it normally. It’s weird. I wonder if I call if the plat line can manually do it. And then I guess I’d need to know if those bookings will qualify for 2X elite nights.
Let us know if calling lets you get the paid night for the lowest available rate. I'd like to do a prepaid rate myself for a 1 nt paid, 2 nt points reservation (although I could see this not working for a single reservation since points terms are different than prepaid terms).
Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Hi, it looks like 17 except no matter what combination I use the free room disappears. I tried with 6 and 7 nights (one night paid and the rest points). No matter which night I choose to pay for, the free night goes away. Also the room rate goes up by $40 from paying for it normally. It’s weird. I wonder if I call if the plat line can manually do it. And then I guess I’d need to know if those bookings will qualify for 2X elite nights.
I don't have that issue. I was able to make a 6-night booking, with the cheapest paid night chosen in the middle of the stay, and the free night was still there. So it was 4 points nights, one night free and a paid night. All of this should suffice to give me 12 nights in the promo, hopefully.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:16 pm

How will a promotion like this mesh with rates that offer additional points per night/stay?
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott - LT Titanium + Ambassador; DL - Diamond; UA - Platinum
Is this stackable with the targeted promotion? I Already have double points until 4/30 on stays of two nights or more.
Yul_voyager likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ryw
(Hopefully the IT can do this all correctly!)
Hope springs eternal!
ryw likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 5:10 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All,

If you have got a targeted promotion offering bonus points on stays until the 31st of March and you register for this double points/EQNs as well, as they overlap, would I still earn the double EQNs? What about points - will I get the double points or the bonus points?

Thanks all.
Yul_voyager and DenFlyer23 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Beware that bookings made prior to registration do not count. From the FAQs:

Registration starts soon. Stay tuned for registration launch! After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.

Ignore: I read stays as bookings.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Jan 17, 2021 at 5:04 am
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Beware that bookings made prior to registration do not count. From the FAQs:

Registration starts soon. Stay tuned for registration launch! After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.
You misinterpret. You can book now - no problems.

What you can't do is complete your stay, then register for the promotion and have the double points / elite credit retro-credited.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Ah okay. I read stays as bookings made prior to registration.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Does anyone know when one can register for this promotion? I check my App daily and there is no promotion currently available.
Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Does anyone know when one can register for this promotion? I check my App daily and there is no promotion currently available.
Thanks.
Why are you in a hurry when the promo starts just in 1 month?
Old Jan 17, 2021, 6:26 pm

Marriott Gift Card and 2x Bonus

If I were to used Marriott gift cards. Would I still be eligible for the 2x bonus starting 2/16?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.