Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: brc01
Link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DD21

Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay* of two or more nights.

• Register now, then earn on stays from February 16 through April 27, 2021. Registration ends April 13, 2021.
  • Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay of two or more nights — with no earning limits.
  • Choose from thousands of hotels and resorts participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ worldwide. Travel confidently with flexible cancellation and our Commitment to Clean.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, gift cards, exclusive experiences and so much more.
Discover extraordinary hotel brands you'll love — whether you stay close to home or venture out.
Terms & Conditions:

A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 13, 2021, will earn double points plus double Elite Night Credits on eligible paid stays of two nights or more during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between February 16, 2021, and April 27, 2021, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per eligible stay. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s Elite Night Credits or stay. Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–7 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Link to FAQs: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-27593

What is the Q1 2021 promotion? After you're registered for the promotion. Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits for stays of two nights or more, between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021.
What are the registration and earning dates? Register now through April 13, 2021. After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.
What is the registration link? You may register here: www.marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether
Does this promotion have a maximum earning potential? With this promotion, you can earn unlimited bonus points. There is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn during the promotion period.
Is the double points earning applicable to all points or just the member’s base points? Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on each stay.
Which hotels/brands do and do not participate in this promotion? All brands participate except Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks. Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, BVLGARI, and other hotels that do not currently participate in Marriott Bonvoy™ are also excluded from the promotion.
Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits.
Do stays at The Ritz-Carlton count towards this promotion? Yes. Explore participating hotel brands here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
Can Marriott associates participate in the promotion? Yes, Marriott associates are eligible to participate and earn double bonus points and elite night credits on eligible stays.
If a member earns airline miles, are they eligible for this promotion? If you’re currently earning airline miles, you are not eligible for this promotion. To earn points with this promotion, change your earning preference in your Membership Account Profile from miles to points.
If a member has two rooms at the same time with his or her family, do both rooms count toward bonus stays/nights if they’re paying for both? Only one room per hotel at a time will count as an eligible stay for the promotion offer even if member pays for additional rooms.

Example: Member paid for 3 rooms:
  • Only one room will earn elite night credit
  • Points will be earned on all 3 rooms providing they were all on one hotel bill.
If a member’s stay crosses over the promotion earning period dates, will their stay count toward promotion credit? If you are registered prior to your stay, your stay is eligible and if at least one night of your stay falls within the promotion period, it will count toward promotion credit.
When will the Points/Credits be added to my account? They will post 5-7 days after the Marriott Bonvoy™ stay occurs, providing all promotion terms were met.
Does the Elite Night Credit count towards Lifetime? Yes, providing the Marriott Bonvoy™ Member met the Promotion qualifications and earned Elite Night Credit they will count.
Do Double Points count for Incidentals? Double Points only apply to the Stay, not for incidentals (eg Dining).
Can members book through a third-party site and earn bonus points? No. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates are ineligible to earn points with this promotion. Book via the Marriott Bonvoy™ mobile app or on Marriott.com to ensure you earn your bonus points.
How do I as a Marriott Bonvoy™ member book a combination of both redemption stays and paid nights? Please visit How Do I Make a Cash + Points Reservation?
Does a Cash and Points Stay qualify for this promotion? A Cash and Point reservation for multiple nights comprising of both a paid rate and points.

Example:

Providing all Promotion terms were met and your Stay was for 6 Nights (5 Booked on Points and 1 Paid Night for a total of 6 Nights)
  • You will earn a Bonus of 6 Elite Night Credits (5 for the Redemption Nights and 1 for the Paid Night) 6 for Base + 6 Bonus =12 Net Total
  • You will earn Double Points on the Paid Night
What if my Stay crosses over the earning period? Providing all promotion terms are met a Member will earn Double Points for the eligible Stay (if at least 1 Night of the Stay falls within the Promotion earning period and at least 1 night is a Paid Rate). Double Elite Night Credits will only count for the Nights within the Promotion earning period.

© 2021 Marriott International, Inc.

Print Wikipost

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ryw
In the past I've used the ability to split nights with some cash and some points to make 6 or 7 night stays on the same reservation (to make use of the 5th night free award, and then pay for 1 or 2 nights)
I’ve never used this. Would you get the 5th night free if you don’t have 5 consecutive award nights? Let’s say it’s a 7 night reservation and you choose cash for the 4th night, would you lose the 5th night free?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:37 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve never used this. Would you get the 5th night free if you don’t have 5 consecutive award nights? Let’s say it’s a 7 night reservation and you choose cash for the 4th night, would you lose the 5th night free?
In my experience, you'd get the 5th night free even if it's not consecutive, as long as it's on 1 reservation. After you choose which nights use points and which use cash, you have to click "preview combination" and then it'll reload and the fifth award night should automatically be marked as free.

In the screenshot below I made an example booking for a 7 night stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, selecting cash for nights 5 and 6, and it automatically marked one award night as free after clicking "preview combination". It's a super handy way to try to get a slightly better point redemption value too.

Last edited by ryw; Dec 19, 2021 at 1:50 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does this mean that if you're booking five nights with points (to get the fifth night free), you can pick the free night when some nights cost more points than others? I've noticed that when I don't try to customize, the free night is always the cheapest one.

In the JW example above, it's interesting that you can make the stay cheaper in both points and money compared to what the website offered.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 12, 2021 at 3:01 pm
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this mean that if you're booking five nights with points (to get the fifth night free), you can pick the free night when some nights cost more points than others? I've noticed that when I don't try to customize, the free night is always the cheapest one.
I just tried this. It looks like the default is to have the lowest point night comped, no matter which combination of free and paid nights I select.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
As a UK Lifetime Titanium I think this promotion is too short. It’s only 7 weeks long and the UK could be in lockdown beyond the 15th of February. My husband refuses to travel until he has had his vaccinations. Even as a 66 year old with a heart condition and diabetes he could be waiting a while. Think at least 3 months would be fair.
HB7 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I just tried this. It looks like the default is to have the lowest point night comped, no matter which combination of free and paid nights I select.
Not surprising as that’s how the 5th night free has always worked.
DallasEsq likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
JW Marriott Cancun
Mar 27-29
Cash rates are $256 for first night and $313 for 2nd night
Points rate is 55K/night for both nights

Marriott gives you 2 options when you check the points box:

$380 + 60K pts or
110K pts

However, there is a third option “Customize your payment”. When you click on that, you can choose to pay $256 for the first night and 55K pts for the 2nd night for a grand total of $374 + 55K pts. That would qualify as a 2 night stay and earn 4 elite night credits.
Originally Posted by miloworld
What's annoying is that the option goes away if the stay exceeds 10 nights. Was hoping to book 10 nights + 1 paid, hopefully a phone agent will be able to help.
Originally Posted by ryw
In the past I've used the ability to split nights with some cash and some points to make 6 or 7 night stays on the same reservation (to make use of the 5th night free award, and then pay for 1 or 2 nights)

IIRC, the process is that you have search properties as if you're doing a points booking, view the rates, then click on the expandable "customize payments" box and you can choose which nights to pay points vs. cash.
Originally Posted by ryw
I’m my experience, you’d get the 5th night free even if it’s not consecutive, as long as it’s on 1 reservation. After you choose which nights use points and which use cash, you have to click “preview combination” and then it’ll reload and the fifth award night should automatically be marked as free.

. . . I made an example booking for a 7 night stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, selecting cash for nights 5 and 6, and it automatically marked one award night as free after clicking “preview combination. It’s a super handy way to try to get a slightly better point redemption value too.
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Not surprising as that’s how the 5th night free has always worked.
This discussion is an excellent tutorial on the efficient use of cash & points and 5th night free.

Beaucoup Bonv°y!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by stuartpig
As a UK Lifetime Titanium I think this promotion is too short. It’s only 7 weeks long and the UK could be in lockdown beyond the 15th of February. My husband refuses to travel until he has had his vaccinations. Even as a 66 year old with a heart condition and diabetes he could be waiting a while. Think at least 3 months would be fair.
It's also deliberately timed to start at the end of the Chinese New Year holiday week in Marriott stronghold Mainland China that ends on February 17 so my various staycations in and around Shenzhen will not qualify.

I am furious and will take all my business to Best Western, again.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftrichard
It's also deliberately timed to start at the end of the Chinese New Year holiday week in Marriott stronghold Mainland China that ends on February 17 so my various staycations in and around Shenzhen will not qualify.

I noticed that too in regards to CNY. Perhaps if you book a stay from the 12-17th you'd get the promo since you're check out date is inside the promo period? Not sure about this but seems like it may be a possibility.
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:09 pm

Not excited about this promo at all. Doesn't help us business travelers that will stay in 3-4 different hotels a week but for only 1 night.
chica and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Not excited about this promo at all. Doesn't help us business travelers that will stay in 3-4 different hotels a week but for only 1 night.
Same issue here, I have 10+ stays lined up in Feb/Mar, but only one of them for two nights. Oh well.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:05 am

Double dip?

Loosely related, but would cash+points bookings also trigger other promotions?
I have an "Exclusively for You" promotion for a few extra points on "paid stays" where a "'stay' is defined as one ore more consecutive nights... on any point-s eligible rate ('Qualifying Rate')"

Hoping to do a 7 night stay (1 with cash, 5 with points and 1 fifth night free), which should give me 14 ENCs from what I'm reading. If it'll trigger the other promotion as well, that'd be a nice bonus.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gojko88
Same issue here, I have 10+ stays lined up in Feb/Mar, but only one of them for two nights. Oh well.
Likewise, I usually stay at hotels for one night whenever I travel but will do my best to maximize this promotion especially while I burn some points.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ftrichard

I highly doubt that Chinese New Year was a serious point of consideration when it came to setting the parameters of this promotion.

Any evidentiary data points that would support this claim other than the promo coincidentally starting on 16th aka just the second half of February?

And as a result of this you're going to Best Western? Of all chains out there? Enjoy then, I guess.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by stuartpig
As a UK Lifetime Titanium I think this promotion is too short. It’s only 7 weeks long and the UK could be in lockdown beyond the 15th of February.
Have to say I agree, I actually laughed when I saw the dates. Limiting a stay-based promotion to dates when hotel stays and travel are effectively outlawed in many jurisdictions around the world isn't very clever; for example, this promo will likely be almost over before UK residents will be able to complete a mattress run in their own town without risk of prosecution, still less travel on vacation.
SPN Lifer, omk298 and stuartpig like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.