FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Hotel on Airport Premises (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2030483-hotel-airport-premises.html)

SPN Lifer Dec 15, 2020 1:18 am

Hotel on Airport Premises

It would be nice to have a list of all hotels located on airport premises, with a Wiki listing the airports by city and airport code.

But which forum would it go in?

Absent that, do we need to open such a thread in the forum for each hotel chain?

dcmike Dec 15, 2020 9:22 am

Great idea! There is sadly not a good candidate forum for one unified list, it seems.

rhg247 Dec 15, 2020 9:30 am

Good idea. I don't have an answer on where it should go, but I'd like that info too. Seems like one universal thread would be better than having to look in each forum.

hhoope01 Dec 15, 2020 9:46 am

I'd guess it might go in either the Information Desk or TravelBuzz forums as those tend contain topics that aren't specific to a single program.

SPN Lifer Dec 15, 2020 1:02 pm

As recommended, I have started a thread in TravelBuzz.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...-premises.html

MSPeconomist Dec 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Among Bonvoy hotels, we have Westin at DTW and Sheratons at BDL, BOS, PDX, CDG (T2), AMS, and BRU, plus Marriott at PHL.

In addition, ATL has one or two Bonvoy hotels accessible via the little tram that serves the rental car center.

jjLDNY Dec 15, 2020 8:24 pm

Great idea. Is it just me that likes hotels in the airport?

I'm sure there's probably a group that has dominance? I remember I stayed at the Hyatt whilst stopping over at Orlando International.

longtimereader firstimeposter Dec 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32888717)
Among Bonvoy hotels, we have Westin at DTW and Sheratons at BDL, BOS, PDX, CDG (T2), AMS, and BRU, plus Marriott at PHL.

In addition, ATL has one or two Bonvoy hotels accessible via the little tram that serves the rental car center.

Don’t forget the Sheraton at YYZ! Perfect location and pretty good hotel.

ray1111 Dec 15, 2020 10:28 pm

I like the ones where you can walk; eg Moxie at VIE and Fairfield at PVD to name a disparate couple. Who wants a shuttle, etc. these days. (But that will, of course, change.)

MSPeconomist Dec 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by ray1111 (Post 32888896)
I like the ones where you can walk; eg Moxie at VIE and Fairfield at PVD to name a disparate couple. Who wants a shuttle, etc. these days. (But that will, of course, change.)

Add Sheraton Gateway LAX to the walkable list, plus the FourPoints LAX if you're energetic.

IIRC at SEA there's a Bonvoy that's walkable via a bridge over the main road and a bit going up a hill (versus paying $6 for the hotel shuttle preCOVID-19).

Also, IIRC there's a Marriott at LGA that's across the parking lot from the main terminals, but there might not be a safe walking path.

Some people walk from SAN to hotels, but it's a long walk. I'm not sure what Bonvoy property would be closest to the airport (Westin, Sheraton, USGrant LC, for instance).

ryw Dec 16, 2020 1:22 am

Don’t forget the on premise Westin DEN where it’s apparently supper popular to use points for stays!

YYC has both a Marriott and a Delta hotel connected to the main terminal, land side, which you can reach without going outdoors.

Re: walkable airport hotels, I’ve walked to the SEA Marriott before - if you’re used to trekking out to the light rail station already it’s not too much further, just across the bridge and up the hill a couple blocks. Easier to do if you’re traveling light though!

skywalkerLAX Dec 16, 2020 2:42 am

Sheraton / Marriott FRA T1 (Hotel was split into two properties recently). + Hilton / Hilton Garden Inn

Duesseldorf Airport Sheraton

Munich Kempinski / Hilton

Singapore Changi Crowne Plaza T3

Bangkok Airport Novotel

London Heathrow Sofitel T5

Vancouver Airport Fairmont

Hong Kong Airport Regal Hotel

MSPeconomist Dec 16, 2020 7:40 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32889126)
Sheraton / Marriott FRA T1 (Hotel was split into two properties recently).

I forgot that one, and I stayed there when it was a Starwood.

skywalkerLAX Dec 16, 2020 8:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32889578)
I forgot that one, and I stayed there when it was a Starwood.

I have a love-hate relationship with that hotel. I do love the location and the lounge is decent too. Their rooms remind me of the early 1990s. Their rates are also pretty cheap, usually below 100 EURO a night.

Now I merely stay once or twice a year because it somehow belongs to all my Germany trips and to think of old times when I first started traveling.

margarita girl Dec 16, 2020 11:43 am

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter (Post 32888805)
Don’t forget the Sheraton at YYZ! Perfect location and pretty good hotel.

And the Marriott at Montreal (YUL) airport.