Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Top 20 Most Redeemed Bonvoy Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 20 Most Redeemed Bonvoy Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's interesting to see where people redeem. A mix of good values (e.g., RC Waikiki) and horrible ones (Marriott Waikiki).

I do love how Marriott shows the views from the single best room in the hotel, which virtually no one will ever see (and certainly never on points), like a terrace suite overlooking Central Park at the Essex House. Thanks for reminding us that Bonvoy is all about the marketing, not the substance.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't take your clothes off in front of the windows.
That reminds me of an incident in Florence! I stayed at the St Regis FLR summer 2019 and got an upgrade to an amazing suite on the second floor with a huge balcony overlooking the river and the piazza. My friends and I were having beverages on the balcony enjoying the warm summer evening when we noticed a woman having a shower at the Westin FLR across the piazza directly in front of us. My 3 male friends enjoyed the show.
CIT85, lsquare, Kacee and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by margarita girl
That reminds me of an incident in Florence! I stayed at the St Regis FLR summer 2019 and got an upgrade to an amazing suite on the second floor with a huge balcony overlooking the river and the piazza. My friends and I were having beverages on the balcony enjoying the warm summer evening when we noticed a woman having a shower at the Westin FLR across the piazza directly in front of us. My 3 male friends enjoyed the show.
Care to share the room number? ;-)
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Care to share the room number? ;-)
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is the Westin any good?
The Westin Denver International Airport is beautiful, has some nice rooms.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I have redeemed several times at airport hotels (although never Denver), especially the ones right next to the terminals, because the cash rates at them tend to be very high for the value received. They've seemed a good use of points for me.
lsquare and ryw like this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
The Westin Denver International Airport is beautiful, has some nice rooms.
How’s the lounge? Good elite recognition?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Would like to have seen a separate list for Pacific/Oceania instead of being grouped with Asia, and not being represented in the category’s Top 10.

Wonder if it’d be mostly city hotels in Australia or if resort locations like French Polynesia, Fiji, New Caledonia, etc. would be on the list.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
Would like to have seen a separate list for Pacific/Oceania instead of being grouped with Asia, and not being represented in the category’s Top 10.

Wonder if it’d be mostly city hotels in Australia or if resort locations like French Polynesia, Fiji, New Caledonia, etc. would be on the list.
also no love to South America.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by lsquare
How’s the lounge? Good elite recognition?
I stayed a couple of months ago, lounge was closed due to COVID. I think they had an alternative, don’t recall as I was just there to sleep.

Yes, as a repeat AE guest they have upgraded me to their luxury suites.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Yeah, the Denver Westin can actually be a pretty good point value as it is often really expensive for a cat6 IMHO.
I almost always only redeem for 5 night stays to get the most value, but occasionally, I see an insanely priced property I'm just going to stay at for a night and use points.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
ha yes the westin DIA is generally always very high for cash rates so the points make it a great value. never had time to check out amenities becasue it has always been a place to arrive late and leave early for me.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
ha yes the westin DIA is generally always very high for cash rates so the points make it a great value. never had time to check out amenities becasue it has always been a place to arrive late and leave early for me.

All the more reason not to pay cash if the redemption rate is favourable.

James
VSLover likes this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Dec 15, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Without an understanding of what "most redeemed" means, it's impossible to judge. "Most number of members redeeming here", "most redemption nights here" and "most redemption stays here" will each have very different ranking tables.
Exactly!

Also, what's the time period? 2019?

In 2019, the Westin Denver International Airport was a Category 5 property. As the only hotel connected to DIA's Jeppesen Terminal -- unlike other airports where there are often several equally good (or equally bad) Marriott Bonvoy choices near the airport -- this Westin was the great place to use a 35K annual credit card night cert. And it's rather large hotel at a busy airport. I can see these factors leading to many one-night redemption stays.

Westin DIA now Category 6, so it's likely to drop off the "Top 20" list.
Armani and ryw like this.

Last edited by Horace; Dec 15, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Horace
Exactly!

Also, what's the time period? 2019?

In 2019, the Westin Denver International Airport was a Category 5 property. As the only hotel connected to DIA's Jeppesen Terminal — unlike other airports where there are often several equally good (or equally bad) Marriott Bonvoy choices near the airport — this Westin was the great place to use a 35K annual credit card night cert. And it's rather large hotel at a busy airport. I can see these factors leading to many one-night redemption stays.

Westin DIA now Category 6, so it's likely to drop off the "Top 20" list.
I’m sure it’s number of redeemed nights — it’s the only metric that makes sense for
Marriott to track as properties are paid on a per-night-redeemed basis. Number of individual guests redeeming at a given property or number of individual stays redeemed (be it single-night or a 10-nights stays) is not an especially informative data and is useless for any economic or financial analysis.

The information provided regards only redemptions taking place in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.