Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Leaving a hotel review on the Marriott website without receiving a survey invitation

Leaving a hotel review on the Marriott website without receiving a survey invitation

Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

How do you leave a review of a Marriott hotel after a stay when you do not receive an e-mail invite for you to do so? I have not had a review in probably the past 6 months or so. Just wondering, as I did for a recent Hilton stay and it triggered a thought.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
How do you leave a review of a Marriott hotel after a stay when you do not receive an e-mail invite for you to do so? I have not had a review in probably the past 6 months or so. Just wondering, as I did for a recent Hilton stay and it triggered a thought.
here at FT or TripAdvisor?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sorry, I meant on the Marriott site.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Sorry, I meant on the Marriott site.
If you're unable to leave it on their website, go to Google maps and leave it.

Mostly everyone reads google reviews when searching for hotels nearby. And Marriott reads them too.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Dec 3, 2020 at 3:55 am
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The current wording on the review section of the website is "Read what guests had to say on their online satisfaction survey, completed after a confirmed stay".

That seems pretty clear that they want to restrict reviews to by-invitation-only.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Dec 3, 2020 at 3:50 am
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
These days, Marriott doesn't want reviews from guests who are likely to tell the truth.
anteater, s777bg, Jiatong and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
..............That seems pretty clear that they want to restrict reviews to by-invitation-only.
Yes, it has been by invitation only for at least a few years. I am not able to leave any review as, for unknown reason, I no longer receive post stay surveys.
imverge and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, it has been by invitation only for at least a few years. I am not able to leave any review as, for unknown reason, I no longer receive post stay surveys.
Isn't Marriott the one who puts ratings or something in each guest account, or was it another hotel chain. I wonder if only the guests with no bad marks are invited.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
It seems like post stay surveys become rarer these days.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by kaizen7
It seems like post stay surveys become rarer these days.
I've been specifically asked by lounge staff to leave 5* reviews when I receive the survey email (I'm in China where you must leave 5* for everything or do not bother otherwise the supplier gets into trouble so I explain that I know and understand this) but I cannot remember the last time I got the invitation email.
Jiatong and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think this has been shelved by Marriott as they fear the flaming reviews considering all their cutbacks (in North America).
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Every hotel review I have looked at recently on the Marriott website stopped in March.
cur, SPN Lifer and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This system-wide cancellation of surveys is prima facie evidence that Marriott knows full well that its guests are getting royally Bonvyed!

The good news is that this is caused by the financial distress due to COVID-induced travel pattern changes.

So whenever the travel industry returns to normal (or a new normal), Marriott knows they need to up their game to restore guest satisfaction.

The survey suspension also gives insight into a more charitable explanation of various brand suspensions being "due to COVID-19". They do not always mean "to reduce transmission of COVID", but sometimes "to reduce financial losses proximately caused by COVID."

Either way, we've been Bonvyed!
cur, anteater and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:35 pm

The Marriott system of leaving reviews by invitation only, is flawed.

Every guest who completes a stay should be able to leave a review by entering their confirmation number as authentication.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Not only Bonvoy, other chains like Accor and GHA discovery program no longer send post stay surveys.

(at least I haven't received any for my last 7 stays or so during Covid19)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.