Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

More Joy for Fewer Points (discounted redemption rates for stays to 28 Feb 2021)

More Joy for Fewer Points (discounted redemption rates for stays to 28 Feb 2021)

Old Dec 2, 20, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
It must be for everyone. There is no code to enter. You just search for reward night reservations on Marriott website and it quotes the discounted price. I think I read that 90% of hotels are participating.
Bugger All...

I've checked a bunch of destinations that I'm particular about and don't see a reduction.
Old Dec 2, 20, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Bugger All...

I've checked a bunch of destinations that I'm particular about and don't see a reduction.
Check TORONTO, Marriott Eaton Centre flex dates in Dec. All nights except for Dec 31 are 27,500 pts. Even Dec 31 is only 30K pts.
Old Dec 5, 20, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I just rebooked 2 nights of my stay at the Cozumel Westin and saved 10,000 points each night for a grand total of 20,000. So my 7 nights there are 4 free Chase nights, 2 30,000 point nights and a paid night from AMEX Travel where my Platinum card rebated $200! Plus I'm staying on a Platinum challenge and AA changed my flights so I had to cancel. When I rebooked, it was $29 more to fly F and J down and back (one flight of each to reach Cozumel!) A good day!
​​​​​
Old Dec 6, 20, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Runner123 View Post
I just rebooked 2 nights of my stay at the Cozumel Westin and saved 10,000 points each night for a grand total of 20,000. So my 7 nights there are 4 free Chase nights, 2 30,000 point nights and a paid night from AMEX Travel where my Platinum card rebated $200! Plus I'm staying on a Platinum challenge and AA changed my flights so I had to cancel. When I rebooked, it was $29 more to fly F and J down and back (one flight of each to reach Cozumel!) A good day!
​​​​​
Now that's what I call a winning day in my book.
Old Dec 6, 20, 7:37 am

How do you get free Chase nights?
Old Dec 6, 20, 9:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm sorry, there were free AMEX nights from my credit cards. 1 Bonvoy personal, 1 Bonvoy biz, 2 that expired that got extended, and 2 new-all 35k. It actually was the incentive to make the trip. Cozumel actually has very little COVID too-20 cases on the island and 342 that recovered from it.
Old Dec 6, 20, 9:54 pm

I'm sorry, there were free AMEX nights from my credit cards. 1 Bonvoy personal, 1 Bonvoy biz, 2 that expired that got extended, and 2 new-all 35k. It actually was the incentive to make the trip. Cozumel actually has very little COVID too-20 cases on the island and 342 that recovered from it.
Old Dec 14, 20, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Last day for this promo!
GUWonder and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Dec 14, 20, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Last day for this promo!
Thanks for the friendly reminder.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 15, 20, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just checked a few properties and I’m still seeing the reduced rate point redemptions. Either Marriott decided to extend the sale or IT forgot to put an end date on the off peak pricing.
Old Dec 28, 20, 2:47 pm

Programs: Airline Kettle, SPG, Club Carlson
Wanted to bump this to ask if the Marriott-wide discounted point redemption rate is a somewhat common promotion. I know we saw it a couple of times in 2020, but have they done this promotion in the past? I was wanting to do a 5th night free redemption sometime in 2021 and my dates are flexible so I'm not in a rush to book, but a lot of places I'm looking at currently have only one or two nights a week of point savers availability.
Old Dec 28, 20, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by DallasEsq View Post
Wanted to bump this to ask if the Marriott-wide discounted point redemption rate is a somewhat common promotion. I know we saw it a couple of times in 2020, but have they done this promotion in the past? I was wanting to do a 5th night free redemption sometime in 2021 and my dates are flexible so I'm not in a rush to book, but a lot of places I'm looking at currently have only one or two nights a week of point savers availability.
I havenít seen Marriott Bonvoy roll out such broad and sweeping reductions in points requirements before the pandemic, but Iíve not been in the game as long as some folks. The usual Bonvoy approach is to increase the number of points required to book properties as time goes on. So Iíd get your bookings locked in whilst the points rates are available at a rate you find acceptable, especially as widespread vaccination could facilitate a travel rebound and redemption availability could become scarcer, with a rise in cash prices also a possibility.
SPN Lifer and DallasEsq like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: