Cyber Monday 25% Off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Cyber Monday 25% Off

Received email with 25% off. Book by Monday Nov 30th

Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
is this really a Cyber Monday thing or just a regular Marriott Escapes thing?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It's for the Americas only, which is rather annoying when it pops up on the App every time and my address on the profile is in Asia. Marriott should sort out its IT - no point sharing these promotions with people around the world when they can't leave their own countries.
skywalkerLAX and nequine like this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It's for the Americas only, which is rather annoying when it pops up on the App every time and my address on the profile is in Asia. Marriott should sort out its IT - no point sharing these promotions with people around the world when they can't leave their own countries.
Was just going to comment on this. I read the email first
Whether around the corner or around the globe, joy is near.
And by around the globe...we mean the Americas.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Exactly. Useless!
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:01 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Not trying to defend Marriott IT, but if it's cheaper to send out mass emails/promos than targeted ones, why wouldn't Marriott go the cheaper route? The worst that can happen is the "wrong" audience deleting/ignoring it afterwards and that doesn't cost Marriott time or money.

LAX
Old Nov 26, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
40% off in Europe and Middle East

I had already seen the rates at the beginning of the year. 40% off the standard rates, so not much cheaper than the welcome back rate and prepay but then spend till March getting the money back if you cancel up to 24 hours ahead of booking. Not that exciting. And you can see hotels that have bumped up prices to mean the rate is pretty much the same as the welcome back rate.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LAX
Not trying to defend Marriott IT, but if it's cheaper to send out mass emails/promos than targeted ones, why wouldn't Marriott go the cheaper route? The worst that can happen is the "wrong" audience deleting/ignoring it afterwards and that doesn't cost Marriott time or money.

LAX
If I'd do everything that's "the cheaper route" then I'm pretty sure I'll be out of business soon enough.

It's unprofessional and annoys the customers. How about wording the promotion differently instead of saying it's a global campaign?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 6:02 am

UK government have announced huge swathes of the country will be in Tier 3 covid restrictions. Hotels in those areas will have to close. People will be unable to travel from Tier 3 areas, so I doubt many people will be booking these prepaid 12% off rates. I say 12% because that is the reality. The cheapest existing rates are not the ones with 40% off!!
Plus the flash sale usually has bargain prices up until some time in March, this is until 10th of January then a lot of places are at their usual January prices. With no lounges available.
pbd456 likes this.

Last edited by stuartpig; Nov 27, 2020 at 2:30 am
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by stuartpig
I had already seen the rates at the beginning of the year. 40% off the standard rates, so not much cheaper than the welcome back rate and prepay but then spend till March getting the money back if you cancel up to 24 hours ahead of booking. Not that exciting. And you can see hotels that have bumped up prices to mean the rate is pretty much the same as the welcome back rate.
All hotels in AMS all the sudden also raised their rates 20% since last week... I track them everyday so i bet it's also for a BF/CM deal. Very lame this kind of tricking customers.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by itisme
All hotels in AMS all the sudden also raised their rates 20% since last week... I track them everyday so i bet it's also for a BF/CM deal. Very lame this kind of tricking customers.
Good, I’m not the only one who does a whizz through the rates for a country every day or so. It does drag in new business but then people aren’t stupid and will notive it’s lame.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by itisme
I checked my usual hotels and this seems to be the case for most of them. Perhaps a few dollars off in some cases but prepaid in full rates.

Definitely a trick rather than treat..
margarita girl and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Sad to hear that.... was optimistic. Marriott would be wise to get travel dollars now for the spring and summer.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:24 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If I'd do everything that's "the cheaper route" then I'm pretty sure I'll be out of business soon enough.

It's unprofessional and annoys the customers. How about wording the promotion differently instead of saying it's a global campaign?
I don't disagree, but that doesn't stop companies from trying, especially in the travel industry where lots of airlines have been cutting service to the minimum. As for annoying customers, perhaps Marriott doesn't care enough as there aren't too many alternatives given its size. Beside, how many people actually switch hotels because the corporate parent has been sending them spams? I get lots of spams from various companies that get directly routed to my spam box. Sure, I might miss some promos that way, but I am usually alerted to the really good ones here!

LAX
Old Nov 26, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
European link: FLASH SALE (marriott.com)

Code is: QRI.

And indeed can confirm that with using this code you will just get the prices that were the standard prices up until about 2/3 days ago... Shame on Marriott for these 'fake' deals. In many countries this is now forbidden (raising prices first then having a 'deal/sale' giving the old 'lower' deal again).
SPN Lifer and TGLoyalty like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.