FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   One week only: Get a 60% bonus when you buy or gift points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2028825-one-week-only-get-60-bonus-when-you-buy-gift-points.html)

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Nov 19, 2020 7:57 am

One week only: Get a 60% bonus when you buy or gift points

With the latest Marriott Bonvoy™ points promotion, it’s even better to be the first to know. For one week only — November 19-25 — you’ll get a 60% bonus when you buy or gift points for any upcoming adventures. That’s an extra 10% over the 50% bonus that will be offered for the rest of the promotion through December 22.

Plus, the annual limit has been tripled to 150,000 points, and the bonus points don’t count toward the limit. That means up to 90,000 bonus points could be yours if you buy in the first week.

What are you excited to do with your bonus points? Let us know in the comments!

Buy Points Now (https://bit.ly/32GUtpj)

Gift Points Now (https://bit.ly/3eXjRMe)

Want to be the first to get breaking program news? The Marriott Bonvoy Insiders Facebook Group gives you access to the latest news, offers and tips so you can get the most out of the program.

cfabar1 Nov 19, 2020 11:38 am

Thank you for letting me know. The valuation is actually quite attractive for the price with the 60% bonus. I may purchase some.

nexusCFX Nov 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Mine is showing quadrupled limit which I am glad for as I already hit the 100k cap for the year, and can now buy another 100k + 60k.

MSPeconomist Nov 19, 2020 1:01 pm

I hope that that this doesn't mean that further devaluation is coming.

Intl359Widget Nov 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32831058)

The name of the game is Earn & Burn not Stockpile & Hoard comrades.

I am sitting on 1.2M points and 5 FNAs so I'm quite ready to burn those points for some aspirational redemptions before they devalue it further.

newfbc Nov 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget (Post 32831122)
The name of the game is Earn & Burn not Stockpile & Hoard comrades.

I am sitting on 1.2M points and 5 FNAs so I'm quite ready to burn those points for some aspirational redemptions before they devalue it further.

Looks like you're stockpiling to me! :)

Ron.

donotblink Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm looking to make a bunch of trips to Vail this season. Seems like it might be a good deal to buy points with this promo given that the cash rates tend to be $600-$1,200 at the Vail Mountain Marriott.

MSPeconomist Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32831219)
I'm looking to make a bunch of trips to Vail this season. Seems like it might be a good deal to buy points with this promo given that the cash rates tend to be $600-$1,200 at the Vail Mountain Marriott.

Are you ready to deal with Vail cancellation policies? They'll probably have a thirty day deadline to avoid being charged rack rate for a night or two with no option to pay the penalty in points.

iluvdoco Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Might they up the bonus amount for Black Friday?

Kacee Nov 19, 2020 3:23 pm

The devaluations are constant. That's a given.

donotblink Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32831249)
Are you ready to deal with Vail cancellation policies? They'll probably have a thirty day deadline to avoid being charged rack rate for a night or two with no option to pay the penalty in points.

I'm seeing this: You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time on January 12, 2021 (3 day[s] before arrival).

cre95 Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32831396)
I'm seeing this: You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time on January 12, 2021 (3 day before arrival).

Do take some time to read other people’s experiences on the cash cancellation shenanigans that these resorts do as MSPeconomist indicates.

Intl359Widget Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc (Post 32831189)
Looks like you're stockpiling to me! :)

Ron.

I blame Covid and low rates being easily available. I did manage to burn 400k points so far this year though for an aspirational redemption in Bora Bora and Aruba. ;)

Had it not been for Covid, my balance would be halved easily.

LAX Nov 19, 2020 9:26 pm

It's definitely coming. It's more a matter of when, not if. I actually won't be surprised if Marriott already has a devaluation plan in place that accounts for all these recent points promotions.

LAX

skywalkerLAX Nov 20, 2020 12:31 am

The points redemption rates remain static (high) while the revenue rates are collapsing. Why should anyone buy points under this scenario?

90,000 points for a night at the W Koh Samui - or $210. Jokers!