Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis to discontinue Remede products?

Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum

I was looking at the St Regis boutique and saw many of the Remede products are “sold out” and the online chat CSR told me that the products were being discontinued. That would be disappointing news!

it seems that some properties still have the Remede spa and others no longer do - anyone have info on this?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by quinella66
I was looking at the St Regis boutique and saw many of the Remede products are “sold out” and the online chat CSR told me that the products were being discontinued. That would be disappointing news!

it seems that some properties still have the Remede spa and others no longer do - anyone have info on this?
My underdstanding is that they are being phased out overall yes and replaced with more "Enivormentally Friendly" options
SPN Lifer and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 5:00 pm

I was at the St Regis in Bali in February, they already didn't have Remede.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:58 pm

However nice it was, Remède’s shower gel available at StRegis properties was filled with microplastics and very damaging to marine environments.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
However nice it was, Remède’s shower gel available at StRegis properties was filled with microplastics and very damaging to marine environments.
I never knew this - thanks for the info. Perhaps it is the “exfoliating beads”. It seemed that Marriott was making changes in legacy SPG properties - first Bliss at the W and now Remede.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Glad to hear they are getting rid of micro plastics!!!!
SPN Lifer and Eagle_traveler like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Hhonor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
New version doesn't have the exfoliating beads for a couple years actually......at least from what i tried in a couple of St Regis....
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I hope not, I love the smell.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Can't come soon enough. I really don't like the Remede products, especially the body gel with the scrub particles.

I wish Aesop would make an entry with St Regis and Luxury Collection but so far it seems like they're mostly attached to Park Hyatt.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:58 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I hope not, I love the smell.
agreed! We brought home a few of the shampoos and shower gels from Bahia Beach back in March and used them VERY sparingly the past few months and just finished them.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I too would love to see the Aesop products arrive at the St. Regis hotels. I would be surprised if they were exclusive to Park Hyatt, but you never know.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:09 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Marriott has been hard at work diluting all of the ex-SPG WC amenities. It sucks overall.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I too would love to see the Aesop products arrive at the St. Regis hotels. I would be surprised if they were exclusive to Park Hyatt, but you never know.
Their products are amazing but sadly I don’t think they’ll partner with Marriott.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My favorite amenities are the (MALIN+GOETZ) ones at Le Méridien followed by MOMO and /skin regimen/ at W Hotels, I prefer both to Remede.
xexs likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Marriott has been hard at work diluting all of the ex-SPG WC amenities. It sucks overall.
exactly grrrr.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.