Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Holiday Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold

I received an email from Marriott this morning stating the following:

XXXXXXX, celebrate the season with up to
75,000 bonus points.¹
Make the most of your business spending over the holidays. Here’s how:

Enroll your Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.

Use your Card to earn 25,000 bonus points for every $ 20,000 spent on eligible purchases.

Earn up to 3 times before 12/31/2020.

Since your points don’t expire when you keep your Card active, you can earn now and redeem for free nights² when you take your business back on the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The terms state "Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem"

When I click on the Enroll Now button it takes me to the Amex site where I need to login and then it goes to the Amex offers page. However, this offer is not showing anywhere on the offers page.

My spouse got a similar email too with way less spend and points (1000 points for $500 spend x 3) and the offer doesn't show up in his account either. I know there is a 100 offer limit so I tried adding offers to my card to see if this one would load, but no dice.

Has anyone received this email and are they also having an issue?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I have the same card, but did not get an e-mail. However, when I log into AmEx, I am seeing the same offer your spouse got ($500 for 1000 pts x 3). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
SPN Lifer and cfabar1 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
Use your Card to earn xxxx bonus points for every $xxx spent on eligible purchases.

Earn up to 3 times before 12/31/2020.

My spouse got a similar email too with way less spend and points (1000 points for $500 spend x 3) and the offer doesn't show up in his account either.
I got the same offer as your spouse:
An “eligible transaction” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card on or before 12/31/2020. Each time you make one or more eligible transactions totaling at least $500 you will receive 1,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points, up to 3 times.
My account was only opened last July, and the offer showed up when I signed in to my account online, pursuant to the prior post.

However, when I tried to add it, I got this response:
Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Nov 13, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I have the same card, but did not get an e-mail. However, when I log into AmEx, I am seeing the same offer your spouse got ($500 for 1000 pts x 3). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Were you able to add it to the card or were you having the same issue as SPN Lifer ? What's frustrating for me is that we both got the email and neither of us has the offers showing in our account. Chatting with Amex didn't help either, the rep was lost and wasn't sure what to do and referred me to calling the tech department whom I doubt will be able to do anything either.

I don't know if I'm going to put $60k worth of spend on my card by the end of next month (not even sure I would do $20k) but $1500 to get 3k on my husband's card I would surely do. But first I need it to show up in the account and be able to add it.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:31 pm

Yes, I was able to add it to my card. Not sure I'll have any $500+ purchases though unless the AmEx warranty is better than other cards out there.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, I was able to add it to my card. Not sure I'll have any $500+ purchases though unless the AmEx warranty is better than other cards out there.
My understanding is that you get the points after $500 in total spend. A single purchase for $500 isn't required.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
However, when I tried to add it, I got this response:
Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Better luck eight hours later:

Your offer has been added. Remember to use your enrolled Card to pay and receive the additional points for your qualifying purchase.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:05 pm

Offer definitely seems to be based on your spend. I just logged in and see a spend $100k get 100k points, repeatable up to three times. Free bonus points so nothing to complain about here.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mrfussion
Offer definitely seems to be based on your spend. I just logged in and see a spend $100k get 100k points, repeatable up to three times. Free bonus points so nothing to complain about here.
Agreed with your observation, my offer:

"Get 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after using your enrolled Card to spend $100,000+ in one or more eligible transactions, up to 3 times by 12/31/2020"

Added to card, good to go.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I received the smaller bonus, $500 get 1,000 Bonvoy points.

I will probably take use of it. It is a nice benefit, though not amazing. There are many other better offers this quarter with CCs, after I exhaust those, I’ll transfer remaining spend to this card.
SPN Lifer and bgasser like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 6:57 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Agreed with your observation, my offer:

"Get 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after using your enrolled Card to spend $100,000+ in one or more eligible transactions, up to 3 times by 12/31/2020"

Added to card, good to go.
I guess this offer is intended to get someone who would be spending $100,000 within the next 6 weeks anyway to use the Bonvoy Biz card instead of other CC. I can't imagine anyone would be enticed to spend $100K because of the 100K Bonvoy points bonus.

LAX
cfabar1 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
I guess this offer is intended to get someone who would be spending $100,000 within the next 6 weeks anyway to use the Bonvoy Biz card instead of other CC. I can't imagine anyone would be enticed to spend $100K because of the 100K Bonvoy points bonus.

LAX
Yeah, I wonder if ~100,000 Chase points might be better than ~200,000 Marriott points, since you can transfer the former to Hyatt and get decent hotels at lower point redemptions.
cfabar1 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 1:04 pm
LAX

Yeah, I wonder if ~100,000 Chase points might be better than ~200,000 Marriott points, since you can transfer the former to Hyatt and get decent hotels at lower point redemptions.
To be fair, if someone ends up spending $100K on the Bonvoy Biz card, there are other "benefits", too. I think one would get higher status (can't remember what level because I don't spend anywhere near that threshold on this card), at least another FNA, and may be some upgrades. However, other currencies (ie: UR points, MR points, or even Thank You points) may still be more valuable.

LAX
Old Nov 15, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX
To be fair, if someone ends up spending $100K on the Bonvoy Biz card, there are other "benefits", too. I think one would get higher status (can't remember what level because I don't spend anywhere near that threshold on this card), at least another FNA, and may be some upgrades. However, other currencies (ie: UR points, MR points, or even Thank You points) may still be more valuable.

LAX
You don't get higher status with this card for spend as far as I know. With the Brilliant card you get Platinum with $75k spend.

This card gives you 1 additional free night up to 35k points for $60k spend. I would assume that those who got the 100k bonus offer may have already spent $60k this year so they wouldn't get another night. If they haven't spent it yet and will now because of the offer then they'll get that FNA .

The total earn with bonus points would be 300k Marriott points which is comparable to the earn rate prior to Amex downgrading it to 2 points per $

Last edited by friedablass; Nov 15, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 15, 2020, 7:26 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by friedablass
You don't get higher status with this card for spend as far as I know. With the Brilliant card you get Platinum with $75k spend.

This card gives you 1 additional free night up to 35k points for $60k spend. I would assume that those who got the 100k bonus offer may have already spent $60k this year so they wouldn't get another night. If they haven't spent it yet and will now because of the offer then they'll get that FNA .

The total earn with bonus points would be 300k Marriott points which is comparable to the earn rate prior to Amex downgrading it to 2 points per $
Thanks for the correction! I obviously don't do that kind of spend on this card and thus pay very little attention to those benefits.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.