Targeted points promo-4.5k pts

Old Oct 25, 20, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
[Targeted] Promo: Earn up to 4.5K points in two stays

My wife received this new promo on the Marriott Bonv°y app:

Can someone who speaks Arabic translate this? My spouse is Pinay.

There are two links in the Arabic text, which lead to Arabic web pages that can be translated into English:
​​​​​​https://www.arabic.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
​​​​​​https://www.arabic.marriott.com/loya...rms/default.mi

These look like standard explanations of how to earn points (for new members) and the Bonv°y Terms & Conditions. I found no footnote [1] to clarify the promo end date.

My better half has never been to the Middle East, and the closest I've gotten was one mile from the coast of Masirah, Oman.
​​​​​
Old Nov 12, 20, 12:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum
Targeted points promo-4.5k pts

I haven't seen this listed on Flyertalk yet. I found out about it when enquiring about my Platinum Status Challenge.

Promotion Description: 4,500 points: Earn 1500 points for 1st eligible paid stay, and 3,000 bonus points for 2nd eligible paid stay (max 4,500 points).

Terms & Conditions of the Promotion: Registration is required. Registered Members can earn 1,500 bonus points after their first (1st) eligible paid stay and 3,000 bonus points after their second (2nd) eligible paid stay, for a maximum of 4,500 bonus points during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the day after members register through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”).

Promtion Earning Period: 27 October 2020 - 31 January 2021
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Nov 12, 20, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Am I the only elite member who never gets targeted promos? Are they only offered to try and encourage less frequent stayers to book more?
SPN Lifer, unclepants and Fims like this.
Old Nov 12, 20, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT View Post
I haven't seen this listed on Flyertalk yet. I found out about it when enquiring about my Platinum Status Challenge.
Can you elaborate? How does one “find out” about a promo? Did a rep tell you about it? Did he/she enrol you in the promo? Was it listed in your account and you just hadn’t seen it? Do you have a link to share?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.
Old Nov 12, 20, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Am I the only elite member who never gets targeted promos? Are they only offered to try and encourage less frequent stayers to book more?
The more you stay! The less you get! Frustrating.
Old Nov 12, 20, 6:23 am

Programs: DL 1.99 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
With 139 EQNs in 2020, I don’t think they’ll target me for anything.
Old Nov 12, 20, 11:52 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-20
It is likely targeted, but my app never showed this promo. I found the promo, however , within my account on the full web page.

Jiburi
Old Nov 12, 20, 6:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Can you elaborate? How does one “find out” about a promo? Did a rep tell you about it? Did he/she enrol you in the promo? Was it listed in your account and you just hadn’t seen it? Do you have a link to share?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.
A rep was helping me with a question about when my Platinum Challenge expired, and in a response email she said she had enrolled me for the promotion. I had not been an active Marriott guest until this year, perhaps staying only 1-2 nights a year, so perhaps they want to keep me active in a time when many people are less so. So far this year I have stayed 7 on a certificate and 13 paid.
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 13, 20, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
My wife received this new promo on the Marriott Bonv°y app:​​​
Her only nights this year were the 15 for the credit card and 5 for being Bonv°y Silver Elite.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: