Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Now Extended: Eligible Free Night Awards & Point Expirations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Extended: Eligible Free Night Awards & Point Expirations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by lingua101
So this means the FNA earned in 2019 (as part of annual choice benefit), which the original expiry date was 31-Dec-2020 and was extended to 31-Jan-2021, will get extended to 1-Aug-2021. Is this correct?
I have exactly the same question.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
logged into my account today to notice that 2 certs are missing....

as of last week i had a total of 2 40k certs, 2 35k certs & 1 25k cert....i used 2 35k certs & 1 40k cert for a reservation this week....so i still had 1 40k & 1 25k cert left....both are missing as of now....

anyone else experiencing something similar????
Originally Posted by MrM2016
I have two. Both are showing. I have seen in the past a cert get erroneously attached to a points booking after it was actually completed, so I recommend contacting them to resolve this.
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've reached out & they have opened up a case to investigate what's going on....the certs were visible in my account a couple of days ago....last night i noticed both were missing....
got both certs back....one was attached to a mystery reservation i did not make & initially they denied that the second one existed....after i provided them with proof of the second cert then that too was returned to me this morning....
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Cert extensions

Excuse me if I started a new thread, I did a quick search and could not find this. I am booked at the Westin Cozumel and cancelled my reservation from the end of January to reschedule to February 7. My 4 ecerts got lost in the shuffle, so I called a Marriott rep. Apparently they were due to expire (or 2 of them anyway) the end of January. She told me Marriott was reextending all the certs December 11, but she got permission to extend mine early. So for anyone who was making a special trip to burn them, you don't need to now. She did not say how long they were getting extended, but at least they are extending them unlike IHG!
Old Nov 21, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I just got off the phone with them after I saw your post, my certificates were issued in 2020, lady told me, anything in 2020 was being extended to July 2021, 2019 was out of luck. My certificates were due to expire in March 2021, so I used them for a reservation (one was an off peak) so I was able to save 10k points from swapping out the certificate and just use points instead, another flyer talk WIN
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
My ecerts are still missing from my account, but they are attached to my reservation. Hopefully they will show up before my stay in February! I have to say, I've read lots of bad stuff about Bonvoy support, but this woman was great, and it took about 2 minutes for permission to extend my certificates!
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Runner123
My ecerts are still missing from my account, but they are attached to my reservation. Hopefully they will show up before my stay in February! I have to say, I've read lots of bad stuff about Bonvoy support, but this woman was great, and it took about 2 minutes for permission to extend my certificates!
My experiences with Bonvoy support have actually been pretty good. The problem is the number of problems you encounter that result in needing to call them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Sorry if the answer is listed elsewhere but quick question if someone would be kind enough:
​​​​​​I have a free night certificate from the old chase card ( the one with cat 4 free night ) that was originally issued in oct 2019 with expiry date of oct 2020 which then got extended I had attached to a reservation I booked for a Westin coming up in a couple of weeks. Now, I just cancelled that as the cash rate went low so I rebooked. Then the certificate redeposited into my account now saying expiring Jan 2021. Is this correct, didn't these get extended for another year to August or something? I was thinking maybe the IT system just didn't update it as it was attached to that reservation, but I'm unclear if these did get extended again???

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: after reading through here I see mixed information, but the OP seems to say certificate with original expiry date in 2020 will be getting extended ( which would describe mine: issued Oct 2019 use by Oct 2020 ), I think I'm reading that correctly

Last edited by somedudefromFLa; Nov 22, 2020 at 11:54 pm
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa

EDIT: after reading through here I see mixed information, but the OP seems to say certificate with original expiry date in 2020 will be getting extended ( which would describe mine: issued Oct 2019 use by Oct 2020 ), I think I'm reading that correctly
It will happen on Dec 11.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
FYI:

I have 1 remaining 7-day cert from an old TP that was converted (involuntarily) in Spring 2020. I phoned Marriott and was told by the CSR that it definitely will extend on Dec. 11, but to be clear I did not tell her that it was an old cert-new cert.

So grain of salt, CSRs don't know everything, official word is different, yadda yadda yadda. Just passing it on for those like us who have few options to use them by 1/31.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
FYI:

I have 1 remaining 7-day cert from an old TP that was converted (involuntarily) in Spring 2020. I phoned Marriott and was told by the CSR that it definitely will extend on Dec. 11, but to be clear I did not tell her that it was an old cert-new cert.

So grain of salt, CSRs don't know everything, official word is different, yadda yadda yadda. Just passing it on for those like us who have few options to use them by 1/31.
I was told the opposite a couple of days ago. The agent exclaimed “it was issued in 2018” and that it had already been extended. I pointed out that I had never asked for an extension since it had been converted from old cert to new cert and reissued in July 2019 and Marriott had given me a 7-8 month extension due to the pandemic. She was having none of it. I figure I’ll wait to see what happens on the 11th.

She did say it could be cashed out for 45K pts.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:53 am

Were you calling specifically to ask for an extension?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Were you calling specifically to ask for an extension?
Yes.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:14 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was told the opposite a couple of days ago. The agent exclaimed “it was issued in 2018” and that it had already been extended. I pointed out that I had never asked for an extension since it had been converted from old cert to new cert and reissued in July 2019 and Marriott had given me a 7-8 month extension due to the pandemic. She was having none of it. I figure I’ll wait to see what happens on the 11th.

She did say it could be cashed out for 45K pts.
I would take that for each of my certs (mine are up to 35K, so willing to settle for 30K each).

LAX
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
I would take that for each of my certs (mine are up to 35K, so willing to settle for 30K each).

LAX
Yeah, wishful thinking.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
I have a 7 night cat 4 (25K pt/night) cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.