Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Marriott in Florida for Couples

Old Oct 16, 20, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Need recommendations for Marriott points stay in mid-November for middle-aged couple. Quiet beach getaway, few kids as possible, would love a place with beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach food/drink service. Good restaurants on-site or nearby. TIA
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:23 am

The JW Marco Island has a special building for 21 and over called Sirene. Have not stayed there but it looks very nice.
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:28 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I. Would recommend Pompano Beach on the East Coast of Florida. The weather is still very warm there and the beach is not crowded. There are a few Marriotts that are beachfront, just check the Marriott website. Whether or not they have beach drink service is questionable with the Covid but some of them are so close to the beach just bring your own down. There are a lot of restaurants open with outdoor seating. It is very convenient to FLL.
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:31 am

St. Regis Bal Harbour ranks as my favorite couples hotel not just in Florida, but in the world. Go go go. Amazing rooms, service, bar, adults only pool, etc.
svo242 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
St. Regis Bal Harbour ranks as my favorite couples hotel not just in Florida, but in the world. Go go go. Amazing rooms, service, bar, adults only pool, etc.
It is excellent but COVID has killed service in this property. Avoid until post COVID

We are going to the RITZ SOUTH BEACH in November as middle aged couple. Contemplated Naples and Sarasota but chose South Beach so we can walk to shop and restaurants v driving or Ubering
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
I've always liked the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort and Spa in Ft. Lauderdale. It is right on a somewhat secluded area of the beach. So it doesn't get as crowded as other areas of Ft. Lauderdale might. And in November, I doubt it will have lots of families there.The facilities there are very nice and it usually has top notch service as well. And while it is outside the main Ft. Lauderdale strip area, it isn't that far. So there are some very nice restaurants close by.

There is a Marriott Resort on the north side of Ft. Lauderdale, the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa that won't be in heart of the Lauderdale crowds. I've not stayed there, but it might be worth checking out. Personally, I've never liked the Miami area resorts as it can get much more crowded (and I personally have always though the Ft. Lauderdale area more relaxing than the Miami area).

The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort might be worth checking out as well, but I've never stayed there myself either. And I don't think any of the Marriotts in the Keys have much of a beach, so not sure any of those would really meet your beach expectations.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Oct 17, 20, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Not sure how things are right now with COVID, as a poster mentioned above, but I highly recommend the St. Regis Bal Harbour, based on past stays. Such a wonderful property with a great adults pool and awesome pool/beach service!
VCURamFan likes this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 8:59 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by svo242 View Post
Not sure how things are right now with COVID, as a poster mentioned above, but I highly recommend the St. Regis Bal Harbour, based on past stays. Such a wonderful property with a great adults pool and awesome pool/beach service!
Wife and i stayed there over Labor day weekend. They opened the adult only pool but it sounded like that was just for the holiday weekend. Service was good. Loved the hotel. There were some services not open due to covid, but it almost felt normal which was nice. Would go back again.
svo242 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Something to consider. If covid surges Miami is more likely to place bans on travel, eating out etc. the mayor of Miami has proven themselves to be proactive for the benefit of safety to implement covid restrictions.

Naples probably less prone to this. Personally I’d bet on a covid surge in the coming months
writerguyfl and svo242 like this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky View Post
Something to consider. If covid surges Miami is more likely to place bans on travel, eating out etc. the mayor of Miami has proven themselves to be proactive for the benefit of safety to implement covid restrictions.
This is true of Broward County (Fort Lauderdale), as well. Both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties were far more aggressive in terms of trying to slow the spread of the virus. We entered lockdown several weeks before other parts of the state.
Old Oct 19, 20, 8:08 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
A nearby beach but limited families in Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort. When you discuss luxury reminder - it is FL so dealing with FL personnel.
Also, consider Key West (again limited beach but less families).
Old Oct 19, 20, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by sunnyjl View Post
Need recommendations for Marriott points stay in mid-November for middle-aged couple. Quiet beach getaway, few kids as possible, would love a place with beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach food/drink service. Good restaurants on-site or nearby. TIA
JW Marco Island checks all your boxes. There are kids there, but there is a 21+ half of the property ("Sirene") with adult-only restaurant and pool. Very quiet, low key atmosphere, good restaurants. My last stay there was pre-covid, so not sure how things have changed.
Old Oct 19, 20, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Away from Miami, maybe RC Amelia Island (off the coast near Jacksonville). It's not a top RC property IMO, but the island is generally quiet. The property has pools, beach, etc. and poolside/beachside service in normal times. It won't be as warm or as crowded as south Florida, but (again in normal times), the place does have a kids club and some family activities.

Are there any Design Hotels of interest? They're likely not to have extensive resort facilities, but this could be an advantage for what you want. There are some interesting boutique hotels in South Beach, for example, some located in historic buildings, that might work for you too.

If mid-November overlaps with Thanksgiving vacation time, it could be difficult to avoid kids.

Why Florida? Are you planning to drive and limiting the choice to X hours drive time (you don't indicate where home is)? Locations outside of Florida could be better in that families with kids might be naturally inclined to focus on Florida destinations. OTOH, if you insist on swimmable water in November--as opposed to sitting on a lounge chair under that beach umbrella with a drink--your choices are more limited. If you're planning to fly, have you considered Puerto Rico (with essentially no cruise ships), for instance?
cfabar1 and writerguyfl like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: