Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Cabins / Bungalows in US for Distancing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

I've been trying to plan a responsible socially distanced vacation for my SO and I, and we have a nice stash of Bonvoy points and some free nights (that I hope will be extended beyond their current April '21 expiration, but I'm not holding my breath). For Covid reasons, we're not interested in a big hotel, even one on a beach or in the mountains away from people. I'm looking for something like cabins or bungalows, or at least a really spread out hotel, preferably with outdoor dining options. I know of overwater bungalows and the like in the Maldives and South Pacific and Caribbean. Does anything like this exist in the continental US?

I've been able to sift through Hyatt's ~300 properties in the US (as I also have some points and free nights there), but Marriott's 4,000+ properties make a manual search extremely difficult, so I'm hoping for some recommendations to at least point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:31 pm

The only thing that comes to mind without searching too much are old school residence inns... mostly exterior corridor and apartment style...
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
What about something like the Lodge at Sonoma (separate entrance townhouse style thing)?

In terms of searching, I wouldn't be shocked if an Autograph Collection property somewhere has what you're looking for: https://autograph-hotels.marriott.co...re-the-hotels/

Lido House and the Hotel at Park City, for instance, have "cottage" rooms listed but I don't know how separate they are from others. Good luck! I just had a week in the Maldives and it was delightful as always so if you're ok with flying I'd strongly consider that instead!

Last edited by platbrownguy; Oct 11, 2020 at 9:38 pm
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:27 pm

The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay has golf course guesthouse accommodation with exterior corridor with limited contact with other guests and self parking right in front of the building. With the current promotion, you can even get a room for 50k points before Nov 30 (and maybe use a certificate if you have the 50k certs)
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've never stayed at the JW Camelback in Scottsdale, AZ, but I do believe it is very spread out and has "casitas" that tend to be separate from others staying at the hotel.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The Ritz Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee has cabins but I don’t think you can use points on them.

https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...s/rooms-suites
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I've never stayed at the JW Camelback in Scottsdale, AZ, but I do believe it is very spread out and has "casitas" that tend to be separate from others staying at the hotel.
This is correct. Stayed there this summer. Spread out grounds, no elevators, separate casitas with outdoor entrances and patios. Individual a/c and ventilation👍. Outdoor dining available (when not blast furnace hot&#128514.
Highly recommend.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:30 am

You might want to look at Paradise Point San Diego. Many of the rooms are bungalow style. https://paradisepoint.com/
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
What about something like the Lodge at Sonoma (separate entrance townhouse style thing)?
I've stayed there on points booking a regular room in the main building and was upgraded to a second floor cottage with a jacuzzi. I had to pay a $25 resort fee, but I would imagine the spa and evening wine tasting events presently have been suspended. The pool deck is large so it would be easy to distance from other guests there.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Hotel park city may be another option. Cottages are not stand alone in that you have the building to yourself but They are separated from the main hotel

https://www.hotelparkcity.com/
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
The Orvis Inn portion of the Equinox (in VT) has some rooms with direct access to the outside rather than via a central hallway. And the area is lovely!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Anything in Arizona or Palm Springs might be a promising place to start. Marrriott Homes and Villas would be another obvious answer.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
The Phoenician Residences are private and wonderful- they have their own private pools & jacuzzis & separate entrances.

A less expensive option is Newport Coast Villas- very private- also with full kitchens & washer/dryers

Those are both locations we will consider first when we resume travel.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I spent the stay-at-home-order period at the Ritz-Carlton Bacara Santa Barbara, where's it's possible to never go inside after checking in (buildings have open-air corridors and stairways with few rooms in each of ~19 buildings). If you're open to Mexico as well, the Luxury Collection Haciendas could be a good option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.