Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Announcing Week of Wonders: Awe-inspiring offers and experiences October 8–15

Old Oct 8, 20, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
Week of Wonders Promo (EMEA ?)

couldn't find a thread so assuming this just launched ? I am trying to find the T&Cs, in particular for the 33% off redemption, no luck. When trying to book it only shows the regular redemption rates.
https://www.emea.marriott.com/en/offers/week-of-wonders-eu
Old Oct 8, 20, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The 33% offer, I think, refers to the fact that almost all hotels in certain countries have been marked as off peak during a specified period. There is no additional discount beyond this.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:06 am

Ah, what a disappointment then.
Was checking the new Langley Hotel (in the UK) for a weekend retreat, but rates are still 50k for most nights, and 40k lower rate for Sunday nights....
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:06 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

We’re excited to introduce Week of Wonders — seven days of awe, exclusively for Marriott Bonvoy™ members. Today through October 15, members can take their travels to the next level with inspiring experiences and offers to spark the sense of wonder that comes with exploring the world.

Each day has a new theme with opportunities for members to save, dream and plan. Here’s a sneak peek at just a portion of what’s to come:

• Explore new worlds or new neighborhoods with free nights for up to 33% fewer points.

• Bring the comforts of travel home with 30% off at Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques.

• Earn 2,500 bonus points per stay to redeem for unforgettable experiences.

• Get more to dream about with a 50% bonus when you buy or gift points.

• Receive a free night at any of our hotel brands when you book a stay with Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy.

Plus, we’ll have surprises and delights throughout the week, including offers exclusive to your local region. Explore it all and more: https://bit.ly/2SEzEoR

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker; Oct 8, 20 at 7:08 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:17 am

Got 40k refunded for an upcoming westin tokyo stay, can't complain...
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Doesn't seem to be limited to EMEA

"Redeem free nights for up to 33% fewer points at thousands of participating hotels and resorts, including The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba; W Aspen; St. Regis Bali Resort; Saint Hotel Key West, Autograph Collection; and many more."
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Got 40k refunded for an upcoming westin tokyo stay, can't complain...
care to elaborate ? thx
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:24 am

Programs: DL 1.99 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker View Post
We’re excited to introduce Week of Wonders — seven days of awe, exclusively for Marriott Bonvoy™ members. Today through October 15, members can take their travels to the next level with inspiring experiences and offers to spark the sense of wonder that comes with exploring the world.

Each day has a new theme with opportunities for members to save, dream and plan. Here’s a sneak peek at just a portion of what’s to come:

• Earn 2,500 bonus points per stay to redeem for unforgettable experiences.
Bolding Mine ...

This is a weak promotion if Marriott is already using their existing promotion to supplement this. When I checked the offer link to register, it took me to the current promotion so this isn't a new offer.
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Bolding Mine ...

This is a weak promotion if Marriott is already using their existing promotion to supplement this. When I checked the offer link to register, it took me to the current promotion so this isn't a new offer.
The 2500 points per stay current offer is ending soon, IIRC on about October 18th.

Is this being extended? Details?

So far, no email for me.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 8, 20 at 8:35 am
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by banzani View Post
care to elaborate ? thx
The price of the stay probably dropped by 40k points so OP just rebooked.
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:31 am

The FNA for the Home & Villas is valid up to 35,000 Points and expires within 6 months from date of issue.

2020 Members Week HVMI Offer - Promotion Terms & Conditions

• Marriott Bonvoy Members who participate in this promotion will earn one (1) Free Night Award ("Promotional Free Night Award") for use at select Marriott Bonvoy Participating Properties (see details and exclusions below) after their first qualifying stay purchased on http://homesandvillasbymarriott.com/ (“HVMI Platform”), and personally utilized by the Member at Homes & Villas by Marriott International ("HVMI") properties, during the promotion earning period ("Earning Period").
  • The Earning Period is between October 8, 2020, and December 31, 2020, at HVMI properties.
  • No registration is required to participate in this promotion.
  • Any qualifying stay completed during the Earning Period will qualify towards the promotion.
  • A “qualifying stay” is defined as a minimum of three (3) consecutive nights spent at the same HVMI property during the Earning Period, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, and booked through the HVMI Platform.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award will be credited to the Member's Account within 3 to 6 weeks after the first qualifying stay occurs in the Earning Period.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award is valid for 6 months from the date of issuance and cannot be extended. Members should check their Member Account to confirm the expiration date of the Promotional Free Night Award. Any unused Promotional Free Night Award will be forfeited.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award can be redeemed for one night in a standard room inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes at available Marriott Bonvoy Participating Properties with a redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points. The Promotional Free Night Award cannot be used for stays at HVMI properties, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, or for owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Vistana Signature Network, and Vistana Residence Network.
  • The Member may be responsible for payment of additional mandatory resort fees at Participating Properties where resort fees are applicable.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award night will count towards earning Elite Member Status or Lifetime Elite Status.
    • A Promotional Free Night Award may be used to pay for the expense of the Member’s room and related room taxes only, but may not be used to pay for food, beverages, service charges, other taxes, fees or other incidental expenses.
    • Members will not receive Points for the Award Redemption Stay portion of their stay.
  • Members can use the Promotional Free Night Award while booking an eligible Award Redemption Stay on Marriott Websites or they may call the Customer Engagement Center and mention they wish to use the Promotional Free Night Award.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award is combinable and may be added to existing paid or other Free Night Award redemption stays.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award is valid only in connection with individual travel and is not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates and/or package programs.
  • The Promotional Free Night Award is not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or converted into Points.
  • All Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program Rules apply. See marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information.
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The 2500 points per stay current offer is ending soon, IIRC on about October 18th.

Is this being extended? Details?
It's the same current offer that Marriott is recycling to make their "Week of Wonders" seem stronger than it really is.

Also the expiry date is still October 18th so it's only useful for the next ten days.
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:55 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
Doesn't seem to be limited to EMEA

"Redeem free nights for up to 33% fewer points at thousands of participating hotels and resorts, including The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba; W Aspen; St. Regis Bali Resort; Saint Hotel Key West, Autograph Collection; and many more."
I'm guessing that this may really only be referencing that some hotels might now have 'off-peak' award pricing which can provide up to 33% fewer points from standard pricing.

But the question is if Marriott is actually moving hotels into the 'off-peak' award category as part of this "promotion". I've checked a few places where I have some travel plans and so far, I'm not seeing anything different than I've been seeing the last few months (i.e. where there was standard award pricing, its still there, where there was point-saver awards, its still there, etc.) So I haven't been able to see where award pricing has just been reduced anywhere. (But of course that doesn't mean it hasn't been modified anywhere, just the places/dates I checked.)

So far as I can tell, and I've love to be wrong, this whole "promotion" seems to be total Marketing fluff. Nothing is changing except that Marriott is trying to "market" their offerings to make it look like they have this great new limited time promotion going on.
Old Oct 8, 20, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Hah! I like how quickly this:

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker View Post
• Receive a free night at any of our hotel brands when you book a stay with Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy.
Turned into this:

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
The FNA for the Home & Villas is valid up to 35,000 Points and expires within 6 months from date of issue.
Old Oct 8, 20, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
I was, foolishly, excited when this popped into my inbox. Absolutely dire marketing. More likely to put loyal members off.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: