Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach website.

After a 4+ years construction period this new 600 room resort has finally opened during a very challenging time.

I was able to check in today and have to say I'm pretty impressed, probably the best Four Points I've ever stayed at as far as the overall property in concerned.

Property:

The hotel is beachfront near Patong View Point at the north end of Patong Beach.

If you're familiar with the Element in Bali this hotel has a similar style. It's constructed in a horseshoe shape with the lower floor rooms having direct access to a pool canal, the upper floor rooms unfortunately don't have balconies and very few rooms have bathtubs as I was told so if that's important for you better contact the hotel in advance.

I got a suite with pool access on the lower floor, the suites have a generous layout with an extremely comfortable bed.

There is also the main swimming pool which is called The Deck Beach Club facing the beach and by nature of Patong also beach road. If there is no traffic like right now (Patong is dead due to Covid) then it's great. Not sure how enjoyable this will be with busy traffic. Still very nice in the evening during sunset however.

Food & Beverage:

The main restaurant is open from 6am until 11am for breakfast followed by all day dining until 10pm. Room service currently stops at 9pm (obviously low demand) by the in-room menus show that all night dining options are available during full operations. The breakfast seriously gives any full service brand a run for their money. I wouldn't have expected this!

A Grill restaurant will open later within the next few months or whenever the tourism sector is back in full swing. The Beach Club "The Deck" is more like a beach view club around the pool.

There is a bar in the lobby that has a 2 for 1 happy hour from 19:00-21:00h including a deli/bakery section.

Elite treatment:

I received a suite upgrade, two welcome drinks at The Deck and a choice of welcome benefit. I picked points as my rate already included breakfast.

Some photos:

Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Thank you for the review, very nice indeed. I saw some pics of breakfast spread in FB and it looked outstanding. Much better than many full service hotels.

I think it can be easily branded as a Sheraton instead.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Thank you for the review, very nice indeed. I saw some pics of breakfast spread in FB and it looked outstanding. Much better than many full service hotels.

I think it can be easily branded as a Sheraton instead.
Branding this as a Sheraton would be an insult to this property!
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Branding this as a Sheraton would be an insult to this property!
maybe a Westin then. lol
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
No balconies = No thanks.
How you can design a hotel in a tropical / beach environment with no balcony (and those floor to ceiling windows don't look like they open either) is beyond me.
Who enjoys standing behind glass looking out to a beach or pool when it's 28 degrees outside?

Next.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guvner067
How you can design a hotel in a tropical / beach environment with no balcony (and those floor to ceiling windows don't look like they open either) is beyond me.
Who enjoys standing behind glass looking out to a beach or pool when it's 28 degrees outside?

Next.
I don't get this (missing) feature either. In a beach resort people usually like to sit outside on the balcony or use the space to put swimwear out to dry. Just get a pool access room and it should be fine.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I remember walking past this a couple of years ago while it was still a building site. IIRC I was staying at the B-Lay Tong slightly further up the road.

Good to know it's opened. Staggering distance from Bangla Road. Definately stay here when I want a Patong experience.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:53 pm

Next.
Many people prefer to keep mosquitoes and dengue fever out of their room. It's easy enough to step out of one's room a go down to the lobby or the pool to enjoy some tropical ambiance.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:56 pm

The room furniture is a bit IKEAish and people on pool loungers outside staring into your room is a bit creepy. But in any case, you couldn't pay me to stay in Patong.

Last edited by OMGImInPattaya; Dec 29, 2020 at 6:02 pm
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
The room furniture is a bit IKEAish and people on pool loungers outside staring into your room is a bit creepy. But in any case, you couldn't pay me to stay in Patong.
Pretty much the same at any resorts that have pool access.

You like to stay in Pattaya but you don't like to stay in Patong? Okay.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Come on, admit it. You're a semi-permanent resident of Bangla Road for which this is the most convenient Bonvoy hotel.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:28 am

Pretty much the same at any resorts that have pool access.

You like to stay in Pattaya but you don't like to stay in Patong? Okay.
Pattaya's got class...Patong is nothing but bars and loose women 😀
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Many people prefer to keep mosquitoes and dengue fever out of their room. It's easy enough to step out of one's room a go down to the lobby or the pool to enjoy some tropical ambiance.
Are mosquitoes banned from the pool area?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Are mosquitoes banned from the pool area?
Not according to my legs and arms.

I'm back for another week or so at this hotel at the end of the month. Let's see if anything has changed.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 6:29 pm

Not according to my legs and arms.

I'm back for another week or so at this hotel at the end of the month. Let's see if anything has changed.
A staycation...otherwise a real PITA even for domestic visitors...14 day quarantine if you're from a "red" area, register of some govt agency website to get some sort of domestic COE to even enter Phuket...I'll pass thanks. Hopefully, things will settle down before my trip to Mai Khow in April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.