Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(When) Will addt'l year for lifetime status post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:50 am
GeP
Original Poster

My Bonvoy account currently shows 9 years as Platinum and I earned Platinum for this year.

With status extended by a year to early 2022 due to COVID-19, will an additional year as Platinum post at one point (next year)?

Or is that already included in that count the system currently shows?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 5:07 am

I am in the same position, last year the count ticked up after the new year, I assume it will be the same.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Should be early 2021.

I have no trust in Marriott however. Despite guidance provided on FT awhile back, they could easily come around and say that we didn't "earn" Platinum status and not count the year. I'm going to do 50 nights (25 were comped anyhow) to be safe...
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think it’s likely that they’ll add it to the LT stats but I agree with the post above saying that we won’t really know for sure till it happens in 2021.

Remember the assurance by the Lurker that soft landings would be given? Turns out a lot of people got double downgrades.

I’ll be looking to hit 75 nights this year to lock in legit Titanium in any case.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I think it’s likely that they’ll add it to the LT stats but I agree with the post above saying that we won’t really know for sure till it happens in 2021.

Remember the assurance by the Lurker that soft landings would be given? Turns out a lot of people got double downgrades.

I’ll be looking to hit 75 nights this year to lock in legit Titanium in any case.
At 122 Nights YTD, I'm not too worried but it would definitely be nice to have it for LT purposes as I work towards the magic number of 600 nights lifetime.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:31 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Usually it happens in the start of the new year, around February. There can be some delays though (a bunch of folks, including me didn't their 2019 status added to their lifetime years until mid-spring 2020, around April or May I think).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Or never

Originally Posted by ryw
Usually it happens in the start of the new year, around February. There can be some delays though (a bunch of folks, including me didn't their 2019 status added to their lifetime years until mid-spring 2020, around April or May I think).
Been at 10years for at least three years now
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by OTPorBust
Been at 10years for at least three years now
My experience (and has been confirmed by one other poster in another thread) is that they don't increment # of elite years once you've hit LTT. Can't tell you why, but I haven't yet heard of a LTT that had elite years increased.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Where on the website can we check our number of years toward lifetime status? I keep stumbling upon it and then find I can't retrace my steps. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bosman
My experience (and has been confirmed by one other poster in another thread) is that they don't increment # of elite years once you've hit LTT. Can't tell you why, but I haven't yet heard of a LTT that had elite years increased.
Interesting. I'll have to watch for that in early 2021. AFAIK lifetime nights do keep increasing for LTT and since I had a lot of elite years from both SPG and MR as LTP from both sides, it would be fun to see even larger numbers.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JayeJ
Where on the website can we check our number of years toward lifetime status? I keep stumbling upon it and then find I can't retrace my steps. Thanks in advance.
It’s easy to check it on the App so I tend to use that.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interesting. I'll have to watch for that in early 2021. AFAIK lifetime nights do keep increasing for LTT and since I had a lot of elite years from both SPG and MR as LTP from both sides, it would be fun to see even larger numbers.
Yes, lifetime nights do continue to increment, years have not (for me and a few other posters).
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Anyone see their counter move yet? Last year it was mid February but wife's account still shows 9 years and just want it to show 10 so can get Lifetime Plat. She hit 75 last year and chose both 50 and 75 night awards so it should definitely move up this year.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In 2020 I got mine in early March.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I wonder if they will adjust when we are able to select our SNAs, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.