Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MVCI - Marriott's Shadow Ridge, Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Old Sep 19, 20, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly

Unless my search function totally failed, I can’t find any thread on this Marriott Vacation property.

I was gifted a week in the 2-bedroom villa, unfortunately, we only will use the larger of the two apartments.

I know what’s closed and open on site. But any other hints? Suggestions on which building/area to request?

TIA
Old Sep 20, 20, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat 1MM
We've stayed at this property many times. It's closer to the I-10 business corridor in Palm Desert than to "downtown" when it comes to restaurants, etc. In other words, you'll find more of the chains than the eclectic places that the area features. The units are newer than the Desert Springs location, however the latter were undergoing renovation last time and were turning out nice. Shadow Ridge units tend to be smaller too if that's an issue. The on-site restaurant varies from "meh" to a good value on promo nights - if it's open. You're close to Costco and grocery shopping if you're planning to cook "in". You can get units overlooking the golf course and mountains or closer to the pool complexes, which are popular with families. Marriott sometimes offers a shuttle bus connecting SR with Desert Springs and its hotel/restaurant complex, but it was hit-or-miss on some stays.
kevinsac and corky like this.
Old Feb 17, 21, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am planning on using my free nights awards next month and it seems the Enclaves and the Villages are our choices since it has to be 35000 points or less. Any input? We won't be playing golf....mostly hanging out at the pool and maybe going to El Paseo for a little shopping and out to dinner.
Old Feb 19, 21, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Enclaves are in a quieter area of the resort, and has their own pool close by (or right out the door depending which building you are in). Slightly smaller units but more 'modern' and updated.
Villages are spread out more and are larger rooms. All have nice views of gold courses and/or pools.
corky likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: