Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, ON [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum

Sorry if there is a master thread for this hotel I could only find the FI airport hotel thread. I was looking at a few nights in Ottawa next month and came across the Residence Inn Ottawa Airport has nothing lower than 300+ CAD a night through the end of the year. Is this a signal of something bigger going on, perhaps that one of you more experienced members would know? Or is this simply just the rate for 2020.

Screenshot of October Rates, no code entered.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:01 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I always find that the Ottawa hotels (downtown) start around $270 CAD as a base price point, then fluctuate up and down based on their availability.

I would guess this is simply that they haven't adjusted their supply just yet.

There isn't much around this property, aside from an LCBO within reasonably close walking distance.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I always find that the Ottawa hotels (downtown) start around $270 CAD as a base price point, then fluctuate up and down based on their availability.

I would guess this is simply that they haven't adjusted their supply just yet.

There isn't much around this property, aside from an LCBO within reasonably close walking distance.
Yeah, the dt prices are closer to ~200 but I just noticed this outlier and thought it was odd and figured why not see if someone could shed some light. Appreciate your reply.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by reggiekush
Yeah, the dt prices are closer to ~200 but I just noticed this outlier and thought it was odd and figured why not see if someone could shed some light. Appreciate your reply.
Pretty sure this hotel has had these rates all summer. I'm leaning towards the fact that the RI is the designated quarantine centre for people travelling to Nunavut from Ottawa. They might have some other contracts too so they're not in a hurry to sell rooms.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I would never pay these prices for RI, heck that is higher than what you would sometimes pay at Hilton Gatineau, Andaz, and Fairmont, all three of which are vastly superior properties. I have decent success finding rates below $300 CAD at those three except in periods of high occupancy and October is not one of them.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
I would add the Westin. While Centre Block is under construction the Parliament and Canal View rooms are not as valuable, however the hotel is far superior and in a great location
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I have stayed at this hotel pre-Covid. They're always expensive - much better value on points IMHO. With the suspension of brand standards I have no idea what level their services are meeting, but be aware they do not serve alcohol during the typical RI "hospitality" hours if that's a thing.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
They're always expensive - much better value on points IMHO.
Or we could say "less bad" with points

If I was wanted to use points at a property near YOW then I would rather pick Fairfield Inn, and if I really needed a kitchen (which FI does not have) close to the airport then Homewood Suites is a better property than Residence Inn and for cheaper as well.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold Shangri-la Jade Hilton Diamond IHG Platinum
Staying here at the moment. I booked because they are one of the few pet-friendly hotels with suites and kitchen at a reasonable price. considered the Homestay Ottawa downtown, and yes they are cheaper, but availability for two queen beds appears non-existent.

I have been here for two days. breakfast is the "grab and go" variety. The hotel is not close to anything in particular, but it's not in the middle of nowhere. overall i am happy so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.