Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Bangkok] 3 new properties just announced, including a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.

[Bangkok] 3 new properties just announced, including a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.

Old Aug 28, 20, 9:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 2,019
[Bangkok] 3 new properties just announced, including a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.

all hotels will be co-located at Asiatique the Riverfront, quite close to the brand new Four Seasons and Capella Bangkok.

I'm glad that a RC Reserve has debuted in my hometown.

source: https://www.assetworldcorp-th.com/as...G1tCccIlc7yqxU
CO-PLAT and jaejaez like this.
3rdworldresident is offline  
Old Aug 28, 20, 10:11 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 46,523
That's rather optimistic on their part that tourists and demand for hotel rooms will return anytime soon. The current government seems willing to starve the country back into the stone age to preserve its hold on power.
Kacee is offline  
Old Aug 28, 20, 3:22 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 8,517
Where exactly in Bangkok will the new hotels be located? Accessible by subway?
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 28, 20, 5:50 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Posts: 1,035
Asiatique requires a boat or taxi. From Saphan Taksin BTS take a free shuttle boat.
lsquare likes this.
CO-PLAT is offline  
Old Aug 29, 20, 1:48 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Posts: 2,078
Too bad RC Reserve is not Bonvoy participating brand.
kaizen7 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 20, 9:06 pm
  #6  
kkl
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 856
isnt there a full fledge RC coming up too? Near Lumpini park
kkl is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 3:30 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 2,019
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's rather optimistic on their part that tourists and demand for hotel rooms will return anytime soon. The current government seems willing to starve the country back into the stone age to preserve its hold on power.
These project aren't gonna finish anytime soon neither. just inked the deal a couple of days ago. so it might be ready in time when the demand is back.

Originally Posted by kkl View Post
isnt there a full fledge RC coming up too? Near Lumpini park
Yes, there is also the RC at One Bangkok, directly opposite to Lumpini park.

Interestingly, both developers of RC projects are under the same owner, a Thai business tycoon named K.Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.
3rdworldresident is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 3:39 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 2,019
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Too bad RC Reserve is not Bonvoy participating brand.
I was told by my butler at Phulay Bay that, the RC Reserve properties MIGHT be integrated to Marriott Bonvoy in the (not too far) future. Because they're now starting to accept bookings from Marriott Staffs recently.

I would be glad if they just gave me points and night credit.
3rdworldresident is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 2:03 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Posts: 2,078
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
I was told by my butler at Phulay Bay that, the RC Reserve properties MIGHT be integrated to Marriott Bonvoy in the (not too far) future. Because they're now starting to accept bookings from Marriott Staffs recently.

I would be glad if they just gave me points and night credit.
That would be awesome if they integrated with the Bonvoy.
3rdworldresident likes this.
kaizen7 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 2:19 pm
  #10  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SFO
Posts: 999
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
I was told by my butler at Phulay Bay that, the RC Reserve properties MIGHT be integrated to Marriott Bonvoy in the (not too far) future. Because they're now starting to accept bookings from Marriott Staffs recently.

I would be glad if they just gave me points and night credit.
That really doesn’t mean anything, without any further details. Marriott has offered associate (and friends) rates at the RCR properties since at least 2018. When available, those associate rates in 2018 were actually about half of what the associate rate is today. (around $150-200/night in 2018, or about 1/4 the normal price).

The butler might not have realized this, or is talking about something else.
GoSh4rks is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 8:55 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Posts: 3,205
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
I was told by my butler at Phulay Bay that, the RC Reserve properties MIGHT be integrated to Marriott Bonvoy in the (not too far) future. Because they're now starting to accept bookings from Marriott Staffs recently.

I would be glad if they just gave me points and night credit.
Never understood the rationale of Reserve properties not participating in Bonvoy while associating with Marriott. Same goes for all the Bulgari hotels.
lsquare likes this.
Xiaotung is offline  
Old Aug 30, 20, 10:07 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 8,517
I'm confused. RC Reserve stats doesn't earn points and EQNs?
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 31, 20, 1:35 am
  #13  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Muscat (OM)
Programs: Qatar Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton
Posts: 1,509
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm confused. RC Reserve stats doesn't earn points and EQNs?
Never did - same with Bulgari. Part of Marriott's attempt to carve out a product so exclusive that us dirty points-and-status seekers need not be enticed to stay here unless driven by our sheer love of the very best of the Ritz-Carlton brand.

khabah
lsquare likes this.
khabah is offline  
Old Aug 31, 20, 5:49 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 745
Originally Posted by Xiaotung View Post
Never understood the rationale of Reserve properties not participating in Bonvoy while associating with Marriott. Same goes for all the Bulgari hotels.
For the Bulgari brand there is a clear rationale: Marriott already has to pay royalties on each stay to Bulgari itself, which upends the economics of points-giving.

The RC Reserve policy is probably a leftover of the period when RCs in general were not integrated in the loyalty scheme to preserve the exclusivity of the brand and to keep out the hordes of point-hoarders wanting to spend their hard-earned Courtyard points at a top luxury property.
lsquare likes this.
MePlatPremier is offline  
Old Aug 31, 20, 8:27 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 2,019
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks View Post
That really doesn’t mean anything, without any further details. Marriott has offered associate (and friends) rates at the RCR properties since at least 2018. When available, those associate rates in 2018 were actually about half of what the associate rate is today. (around $150-200/night in 2018, or about 1/4 the normal price).

The butler might not have realized this, or is talking about something else.
I didn't mean that her statement will be true. i just told what she told me when i asked her about the possibility of integrating RC Reserve into Marriott Bonvoy.

she might have a clue or not, i don't know for sure.

btw, she was once a butler at Ritz-Carlton Koh Samui about a year ago before transfering to Phulay Bay. so i think she's quite familiar with Marriott Bonvoy.
3rdworldresident is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: