Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton certificate extension due to pandemic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Anyone able to extend "RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points" for 1 year due to the pandemic?

I tried calling Chase as well as Marriott Loyalty program and both said no. I HUCA two times for both..
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Lun
Anyone able to extend "RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points" for 1 year due to the pandemic?

I tried calling Chase as well as Marriott Loyalty program and both said no. I HUCA two times for both..
Since it was automatically extended to Jan 2021 already, i'm thinking that's why it can't be extended (whether wrong or right similar to other CC certs and travel packages). Some would wait to see if Marriott extends it again, but I would just use it at somewhere I would otherwise not use it at and write it off as a pandemic loss since there is no guarantee Marriott will extend again. But that's just me.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
Since it was automatically extended to Jan 2021 already, i'm thinking that's why it can't be extended (whether wrong or right similar to other CC certs and travel packages). Some would wait to see if Marriott extends it again, but I would just use it at somewhere I would otherwise not use it at and write it off as a pandemic loss since there is no guarantee Marriott will extend again. But that's just me.
Mine expires Aug 28, 2020.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Ti, Hilton Dia, MVC Chairman, Hertz PC, Royal Caribbean D+, MSC Diamond
My Chase RC Card is for an annual free 50k night. How did you get the 60k night? Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by frank808
My Chase RC Card is for an annual free 50k night. How did you get the 60k night? Thanks
Those are the welcome bonus 2-3 nights (up to Tier 4) the card had right up to when it was discontinued to new applicants. My guess they were extended once, then coronavirus extended for a second time
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Yup it was the old sign up bonus.
It was extended once... and it it will expire on 8/28/2020
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by ahhlun
i would have thought it would have been automatically extended to Jan 2021 by default.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I wonder if they'll further extend the club lounge upgrades since lots of club lounges are closed.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazieman
I wonder if they'll further extend the club lounge upgrades since lots of club lounges are closed.
You get 3 per renewal as long as you have your Ritz card open, so I can't see extending existing ones having value for most cardholders.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:00 pm

deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Sep 18, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by ahhlun
hate to revive this but I’m in the same scenario and my certs expire Oct 1

wjat ended up happening in your case? Any luck extending or getting anything else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.