Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Healthcare Heroes rates - qualifying rate?

Marriott Bonvoy Healthcare Heroes rates - qualifying rate?

Old Aug 16, 20, 5:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Marriott Bonvoy Healthcare Heroes rates - qualifying rate?

Hi all,

Iím looking for some advice from the forum and the lurkers. Iíve come across the HJH rate code for the UK and Europe, which offers a discount to healthcare workers staying at hotels in these areas. Iíve found some attractive rates which I plan to make good use of, and Iím grateful for this initiative, as a medical doctor.

My only concern is, as someone chasing Marriott Platinum status (or higher), do these dates earn elite night credits and points? For example, if I stay two nights at a hotel on these rates next month, will I receive two night credits towards my 2020 total?

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Aug 16, 20, 8:54 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS MVP Gold; UA Silver
Posts: 179
I stayed a couple of nights at the Springhill suites in Las Vegas under the first responders rate recently, and both nights and all points were posted to my account, as usual. I assume European hotels would follow the same logic.
hyedmd is offline  
Old Aug 16, 20, 10:33 pm
  #3  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 512
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Hi all,

Iím looking for some advice from the forum and the lurkers. Iíve come across the HJH rate code for the UK and Europe, which offers a discount to healthcare workers staying at hotels in these areas. Iíve found some attractive rates which I plan to make good use of, and Iím grateful for this initiative, as a medical doctor.

My only concern is, as someone chasing Marriott Platinum status (or higher), do these dates earn elite night credits and points? For example, if I stay two nights at a hotel on these rates next month, will I receive two night credits towards my 2020 total?

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.

Yes, the Healthcare Hero Rate is eligible to earn Points/Night/Stay credit.

As a gentle reminder, Medical / Hospital ID will be required at check in Ė Doctors, Nurses, Hospital workers and Ambulance Services.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Abbey L
Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
[email protected]
Radiation Station likes this.
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 6:18 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Posts: 1,984
Hi,

I was under the impression the HJH rate included breakfast, does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

Thanks
UKTraveller4Fun is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 6:41 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Hi,

I was under the impression the HJH rate included breakfast, does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

Thanks
Iíve used this rate a lot in the UK and abroad. At the majority of hotels, breakfast was not included. The Ritz-Carlton Abama in Tenerife and the University Arms, Cambridge, UK did notably offer breakfast. Off the top of my head, AC Belfast, W London, Sheraton GPL, London EDITION, Sheraton Edinburgh did not.

Slight tangent:
Oddly, the London EDITION didnít seem to think the rate was eligible for elite benefits, as it was a ďpromotional rateĒ! However, they gave me an upgrade and 4pm checkout anyway, so I didnít cause a fuss. And the nights and points posted.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 3:33 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Iíve used this rate a lot in the UK and abroad. At the majority of hotels, breakfast was not included. The Ritz-Carlton Abama in Tenerife and the University Arms, Cambridge, UK did notably offer breakfast. Off the top of my head, AC Belfast, W London, Sheraton GPL, London EDITION, Sheraton Edinburgh did not.

Slight tangent:
Oddly, the London EDITION didnít seem to think the rate was eligible for elite benefits, as it was a ďpromotional rateĒ! However, they gave me an upgrade and 4pm checkout anyway, so I didnít cause a fuss. And the nights and points posted.
Thanks for sharing your findings. I'm in the UK consulting with the NHS and was looking at using the HJH rate in January.

Cheers!
Radiation Station likes this.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 3:47 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Thanks for sharing your findings. I'm in the UK consulting with the NHS and was looking at using the HJH rate in January.

Cheers!
You're more than welcome. Best of luck with your consulting work. Let me know if you need any advice about the HJH rate or UK hotels.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 3:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
You're more than welcome. Best of luck with your consulting work. Let me know if you need any advice about the HJH rate or UK hotels.
Are any of the FS properties in Edinburgh offering Lounge or Breakfast in Restaurant?
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Dec 17, 20, 4:25 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Are any of the FS properties in Edinburgh offering Lounge or Breakfast in Restaurant?
Lounge wasnít open last time I stayed at the Sheraton but they were providing a decent breakfast in the restaurant for Platinum and above.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:27 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 276
After a string of UK staycations over the summer, I am kicking myself for not knowing about this rate before! Could saved £100s looking at the steep and generous discounts offered. Considering the rate appears to only be till 28th February 2021, I'm not sure there will be many more opportunities to try things out especially considering the craziness the whole country and World appears to be having to the new mutated strain! Oh well, hopefully they'll extend it as COVID-19 won't go away by that date!
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:34 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by AirbusA350 View Post
After a string of UK staycations over the summer, I am kicking myself for not knowing about this rate before! Could saved £100s looking at the steep and generous discounts offered. Considering the rate appears to only be till 28th February 2021, I'm not sure there will be many more opportunities to try things out especially considering the craziness the whole country and World appears to be having to the new mutated strain! Oh well, hopefully they'll extend it as COVID-19 won't go away by that date!
I've used the HJH rate twice while in the UK and they do require verification that you are a First Responder.

The rates are rather generous and some hotels have offered additional amenities that I already get as a Titanium but the gesture was well appreciated.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:37 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by AirbusA350 View Post
After a string of UK staycations over the summer, I am kicking myself for not knowing about this rate before! Could saved £100s looking at the steep and generous discounts offered. Considering the rate appears to only be till 28th February 2021, I'm not sure there will be many more opportunities to try things out especially considering the craziness the whole country and World appears to be having to the new mutated strain! Oh well, hopefully they'll extend it as COVID-19 won't go away by that date!
I have saved hundreds to thousands probably in the latter half of 2020, using the HJH rate. Used it in London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Tenerife, Prague. Glad I used it whilst I could. Some hotels cancelled my stays and moved me to new dates in 2021, retaining the rate, so that should help me attain Titanium more cheaply next year.

If anyone from Marriott is listening, all I want for Christmas is this rate extended to the end of 2021! Itís made me much more loyal to Marriott this year and encouraged me to push for Platinum and then Titanium. As an NHS worker, it has also made me feel appreciated during a challenging time for the health service.
AirbusA350 and Intl359Widget like this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:38 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
I've used the HJH rate twice while in the UK and they do require verification that you are a First Responder.
Yes of course. I wouldn't even want to risk the embarrassment of booking a reduced rate that I wasn't eligible for in hope that they won't ask for an ID. However, I am eligible to utilise this rate. Just a shame I didn't come across it earlier!
Intl359Widget likes this.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:40 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
I've used the HJH rate twice while in the UK and they do require verification that you are a First Responder.

The rates are rather generous and some hotels have offered additional amenities that I already get as a Titanium but the gesture was well appreciated.
Yes, I have had to produce my NHS ID for most stays using the rate, which is reassuring.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:57 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by AirbusA350 View Post
Yes of course. I wouldn't even want to risk the embarrassment of booking a reduced rate that I wasn't eligible for in hope that they won't ask for an ID. However, I am eligible to utilise this rate. Just a shame I didn't come across it earlier!
You'd be surprised at how scrupulous people can be on FlyerTalk to save a pence or two when they're simply not eligible at all to use such a nominated rate.

Absolutely worth saving money when you are eligible though! It's quite a nice rate and you might want to check QWO (North America rate should you find your way across the Atlantic).

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Yes, I have had to produce my NHS ID for most stays using the rate, which is reassuring.
Likewise, I've shown my NHS letter and they've gladly accepted that. Project is coming to an end soon though so I'm making preparations for repatriation.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Intl359Widget is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: