Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Healthcare Heroes rates - qualifying rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Healthcare Heroes rates - qualifying rate?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Absolutely worth saving money when you are eligible though! It's quite a nice rate and you might want to check QWO (North America rate should you find your way across the Atlantic).
Oh right, I presume that's a healthcare discount across the pond then? Does that earn points as well?
Also reading conflicting reports on breakfast inclusion, what is the actual rate rule regarding this within HJH and equivalent do you know? Of course, I know Platinum does negate that to an extent but not if it's a normal Marriott with the measly $10 credit lol.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I've used the HJH rate twice while in the UK and they do require verification that you are a First Responder.
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Yes of course. I wouldn't even want to risk the embarrassment of booking a reduced rate that I wasn't eligible for in hope that they won't ask for an ID. However, I am eligible to utilise this rate. Just a shame I didn't come across it earlier!
You'd be surprised at how scrupulous people can be on FlyerTalk to save a pence or two when they're simply not eligible at all to use such a nominated rate.
Not to mention unscrupulous.
​​​​​
Intl359Widget and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Not to mention unscrupulous.
​​​​​
Absolutely but not everyone on here is a spendthrift or a grifter or an expense account. :P
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Oh right, I presume that's a healthcare discount across the pond then? Does that earn points as well?
Also reading conflicting reports on breakfast inclusion, what is the actual rate rule regarding this within HJH and equivalent do you know? Of course, I know Platinum does negate that to an extent but not if it's a normal Marriott with the measly $10 credit lol.
It seems that Marriott has created codes in geographic regions but any who... as for additional benefits that would be up to the property itself.

Both QWO/HJH are eligible rates for EQNs and Point accrual thankfully!
Fims and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:48 pm

It seems that Marriott has created codes in geographic regions but any who... as for additional benefits that would be up to the property itself.

Both QWO/HJH are eligible rates for EQNs and Point accrual thankfully!
Thank you. Good to know. A couple of very long overdue US trips next year hopefully after borders reopen, so will try my luck with the QWO rate.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Which discount rates are ineligible for elite benefits?

I was told today by both a hotel manager and by Marriott Customer Care that the community caregiver rate is ineligible for elite benefits such as room upgrades. That got me to wondering: which other discount rates are not eligible for elite benefits? It would be nice to have a list to avoid. Also, what is the thought behind making such a rate ineligible? I would think if a doctor happens to be elite, that isn't really her fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.