Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion will earn 2,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after 3 eligible paid stays, during the promotion earning period.
The promotion registration and earning period is between August 13, 2020, and October 18, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Only stays made
after registration will qualify towards the promotion.
A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
The latest Marriott Bonvoy™ global promotion is almost here — and we want to give you a sneak peek at all the details. Whether you’re looking for an epic view, exploring close to home or taking off for a family road trip, our new global promotion makes any adventure even better.

Register, and then earn 2,500 bonus points per stay through November 10, 2020 — with no bonus point limit. Plus, you’ll get a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after your third stay. And with the Marriott Commitment to Clean at hotels worldwide, including enhanced cleaning protocols and safety measures to help keep all of our guests and associates safe, you can feel confident staying with us.

Register now through October 18.

As always, please note that a “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate.
Print Wikipost

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is anyone really willing to hotel hop every night for 2500 points? Seems like packing and unpacking alone wouldn't make it worth it, let alone covid concerns.
I hotel hop all the time, because so many promos from so many hotel programs are stay-based. Alphabetically: Best Western is almost always stay-based, Choice is almost always stay-based, Hilton is currenlty stay-based, Hyatt is currently stay-based for the first step of earning, IHG is stay based for the first few stays, now and in the previous promo Marriott has been stay-based, Radisson is currently stay-based, and Wyndham Rewards is almost always stay-based. So who's left? (I'm not familiar with Accor, and other than Accor, I just went down the whole list of hotel programs that have forums on FT.)

I stay 3 nights a week for work (I work a compressed work week, and I live too far from work to justify commuting from home every day), and I'm at work all day, so it's no big thing to check out every morning and check in somewhere else every evening, I've been doing it for so many years, it's second nature to me. On vacation stays, sometimes I hotel hop and sometimes I don't, but when I don't, I feel like I'm missing out on rewards (unless I'm redeeming points instead of earning points, in which case most promotions don't apply anyway).
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
$20 dollars of points per stay is not going to move the dial and convince people to start traveling again. Really if there was something like Stay 2 Nights get 1 free Night certificate that may make me think about it at a spot I considered safe. So this if just a nowhere promo for those who have to travel.
Room rates have been dramatically discounted. If a cheap room isn't going to get you in the hotel, I doubt any reasonable promo will.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Is anyone really willing to hotel hop every night for 2500 points?
Seems like one of the few options left to ensure that you have a cleaned up room each day.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
So I received a double points promo for any stay that includes a Fri or Sat until the end of Nov. The rules state "This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other". Does that mean that I will earn double points on my room as well as the 2500 bonus per stay (this promo doesn't say if I can use it with another promo)? Or would they not give me the extra 2500 since the "earnings are exclusive".Sorry if this is an easy know but I'm terrible with T&C wording. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:36 am

Promo is now live in the Promotion Central.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun

I maintain much more Marriott just doesn't understand the market at that end.
Is the person spending $300+ per night on a hotel actually obsessing about their points? (not the Flyertalker, but the general public)

Or are they travelling on business and/or just well-off and don't care? As a business model, handing out lots of points to people who are not influenced by them doesn't make much sense.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Is the person spending $300+ per night on a hotel actually obsessing about their points? (not the Flyertalker, but the general public)

Or are they travelling on business and/or just well-off and don't care? As a business model, handing out lots of points to people who are not influenced by them doesn't make much sense.
Absolutely true.

As someone who spends ~100 nights a year, mostly on higher end properties and for personal travel, only a couple of times did I make a travel decision based on, or influenced by, an ongoing promo. I like promos when I travel (especially double points) but I’m not planning my trips around them.

In fact, one the very few times I did take a promo into consideration Marriott/SPG actually lost my business because of a poorly designed promo. They had this promo back in 2017 or 2018 where they would double the points on the first three stays during the promo period. I had to cancel two short stays at a mid-tier SH where I often go just to be sure that a coming multi-room ski trip would fall within that 3-stays window.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Is there anybody else unable to register?

A Note About This Promotion

We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif

What about someone who has a choice of 8 nights at a Sheraton or say the Hilton down the road? It is

My issue with the promo it incentives short stays at a time hotels with extra cleaning etc should be trying to get people to stay for longer rather than hotel hop! I have 4 nights in London coming up and am booked at a Hilton, had Marriott come up with a decent promo I would have considered moving.
stuartpig likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So during a pandemic, Bonvoy wants to encourage hotel hopping? Not good for the customers who will have somewhat added risk of infection and not good for theist structure of hotels that currently seem to be cleaning rooms only between guests, supposedly with enhanced cleaning procedures.
What about someone who has a choice of 8 nights at a Sheraton or say the Hilton down the road? It is

My issue with the promo it incentives short stays at a time hotels with extra cleaning etc should be trying to get people to stay for longer rather than hotel hop! I have 4 nights in London coming up and am booked at a Hilton, had Marriott come up with a decent promo I would have considered moving.
Exactly. Most if my stays now are at least a week. I am not on business and want a relaxing break. I have a disabled husband and have to di all the driving, packing, unpacking, paying and communicating with the hotel. No way I could change hotels 4 times in a week, yet I am bringing the same, if not more revenue than the business traveller swapping hotels every night
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Promo isn't available in my account yet. I will give it a few days. Marriott frequently sends them out in a rolling fashion. While it is always nice to have a promo, it won't affect my travel plans. Currently I only have 1 or 2 leisure stays planned for the rest of the year and I am not hotel hopping for extra points.

--Jon
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

10k Hilton points for 10 nights (or 0 points if you only manage 9) makes you prefer a Hilton? Go for it...

With practically every promo there is the heavy spenders vs. the one night stay crowd debate on FT. I just question whether the non-Flyertalk heavy spenders care - I certainly didn't back when I was running up huge hotel bills on the company tab...
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:58 am

Is anyone really willing to hotel hop every night for 2500 points? Seems like packing and unpacking alone wouldn't make it worth it, let alone covid concerns.
Seriously, there are people on these forums who "hotel hop" for 10 points..... LOL!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:00 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Announcing the Latest Global Promotion: Earn 2,500 Bonus Points per Stay

The latest Marriott Bonvoy™ global promotion is almost here — and we want to give you a sneak peek at all the details. Whether you’re looking for an epic view, exploring close to home or taking off for a family road trip, our new global promotion makes any adventure even better.

Register, and then earn 2,500 bonus points per stay through October 18, 2020 — with no bonus point limit. Plus, you’ll get a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after your third stay. And with the Marriott Commitment to Clean at hotels worldwide, including enhanced cleaning protocols and safety measures to help keep all of our guests and associates safe, you can feel confident staying with us.

Let us know your travel plans for the coming months in the comments below!

Register now through October 18.

Want to be the first to get breaking program news? The Marriott Bonvoy Insiders Facebook Group gives you access to the latest news, offers and tips to get the most out of the program.

As always, please note that a “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
This is the best kind of promo for my needs, since more than 90% of my stays are for just 1 night

well done ! 👏👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.