Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion will earn 2,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after 3 eligible paid stays, during the promotion earning period.
The promotion registration and earning period is between August 13, 2020, and October 18, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Only stays made
after registration will qualify towards the promotion.
A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
The latest Marriott Bonvoy™ global promotion is almost here — and we want to give you a sneak peek at all the details. Whether you’re looking for an epic view, exploring close to home or taking off for a family road trip, our new global promotion makes any adventure even better.

Register, and then earn 2,500 bonus points per stay through November 10, 2020 — with no bonus point limit. Plus, you’ll get a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after your third stay. And with the Marriott Commitment to Clean at hotels worldwide, including enhanced cleaning protocols and safety measures to help keep all of our guests and associates safe, you can feel confident staying with us.

Register now through October 18.

As always, please note that a “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate.
Print Wikipost

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Not working for me either:
A Note About This Promotion
We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
  • You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by troyintn
Overall this is better than nothing and works well for me, since I am spending a lot of weekends dropping the kids off for school. Which helps me decide between a Hilton or Marriott property, and Hilton currently does not have any promos. Hoping work picks back up an then I can grab an extra stay at the airport the night prior.
Hilton does have an active promo. It's basically been the same one all year. It was originally supposed to end in May, but was extended into September. Wouldn't surprise me if they extended it again.

2020 Points Unlimited
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
for some reason i could not sign up on the website but could do so on the app....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
couldn't sign up on the website but managed to do so on the app....

i have a bunch of stays coming up over the next 2 months so this promo works for me....however, the bigger issue is whether i will make these trips as international travel is still very restricted....
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Unable to enroll or login on Marriott.com for that matter
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Keyser
for some reason i could not sign up on the website but could do so on the app....
neither work for me
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dav77
+ 1

from 50 k to 60 k bonus points.
I was disappointed to see no Marriott properties available in FCA today... Ack... Might have to do Hilton.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by escape4
neither work for me
Tried the web site again this morning and the app for the first time. No joy.....

--Jon
Old Aug 14, 2020, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Lather, rinse, repeat...hilarious to see these same "can't register" comments on OMAAT/VFTW. The ongoing Marriott IT dumpster fire...

Given that this issue has gone on for years, and even predates Starwood...one could argue it's intentional breakage by Marriott.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Lather, rinse, repeat...hilarious to see these same "can't register" comments on OMAAT/VFTW. The ongoing Marriott IT dumpster fire...

Given that this issue has gone on for years, and even predates Starwood...one could argue it's intentional breakage by Marriott.
I'm amazed at the number of people who are surprised they can't register. Just call it in folks! As UA-NYC said, this has been going on for years. Nothing new to see here.
3rdworldresident and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Is the person spending $300+ per night on a hotel actually obsessing about their points? (not the Flyertalker, but the general public)

Or are they travelling on business and/or just well-off and don't care? As a business model, handing out lots of points to people who are not influenced by them doesn't make much sense.
Exactly. I laugh every time I see one of these posts from an old SPG fan who claims "now THERE was a company that understood the high-end market!" Yes, the pseudo high-end market of people who obsess about a few points or a free $20 breakfast. Hint: that's not really the high-end market.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Exactly. I laugh every time I see one of these posts from an old SPG fan who claims "now THERE was a company that understood the high-end market!" Yes, the pseudo high-end market of people who obsess about a few points or a free $20 breakfast. Hint: that's not really the high-end market.
Actually, many fantastically wealthy people are unbelievably cheap, and will argue over a $5 charge on a $5,000 folio. So I don't think there's really any correlation at all between whether someone (a) insists on receiving promised benefits, and (b) qualifies as a "high-end" guest.

And there's really no need for the ongoing snark.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually, many fantastically wealthy people are unbelievably cheap, and will argue over a $5 charge on a $5,000 folio.
Agreed, I have seen it many times. The owner of my previous employer has net worth in the 10 digits if not 11 digits, and when travelling to Paris where we had an office, he was going from the airport to the city by public transit while I always took the taxi. I usually don't mind the train to city center in many places, but Paris is not one of them. He made me feel embarrassed of my "high spending ways" on the company's tab
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm amazed at the number of people who are surprised they can't register. Just call it in folks! As UA-NYC said, this has been going on for years. Nothing new to see here.
Are you sure I don't have to send in my registration on engraved stone tablets or cuneiform, as long as I can't actually use 1990's technology like a website?

(And yes, I'm hit by this too.)
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Tried the web site again this morning and the app for the first time. No joy.....

--Jon
Did you also try a mobile app? The offer to register is in the main app page and also in the promotion section of your account settings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.