Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

POLL What Is the USA Marriott most romantic for honeymoon-anniversary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR

Hello All!

Normally I fly about 80 times a year and bring my wife with me for about half of those. This year obviously have not flown since January. Because I often use a Marriott as an office locally have still somehow racked up 102 marriott nights and I have to say their team has been incredible through all this. Anyhow point being that my wife and I have our anniversary coming up and I would like to make up for no travel with an incredible trip so I would be thankful for any recommendations! Only in the USA and I have several suite nights awards that could be used if that factors in at all.

My ambassador recommended a few I'll out those below for anyone else in the same boat
Ritz Carlton South Lake Tahoe, CA (we have been to this one and it is wonderful, we live in Tahoe now partially because of this place)
Aspen, CO
Ritz Dove Mountain Airzona (This one so far is my top pick, have never been there or even heard of it until my ambassador mentioned it but looks stunning and the pricing is beyond exceptional for ritz)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and stay healthy and safe and hopefully prosperous as well!!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Time of year?

Do you necessarily want a resort or would you consider a city? What do you like to do? Beach, hiking, skiing, fine dining, bars and clubs, museums? What style do you prefer?

Can we assume that you would be driving or flying from Tahoe?

Be sure to check that SNAs can be used at the property you pick. Check also their definition of a standard suite. (I hate to use SNAs and only get a junior suite.)

Maybe Palace Hotel in SF? Canyon Suites (or Residences) at the Phoenician in Scottsdale? The Nines in Portland and the US Grant in (downtown) San Diego are interesting, but their rooms and suites tend to be small. Look at the lists of RCs, StRs, and LCs in the USA to get some ideas or maybe skim through the "Ambassador Experiences" thread in this forum.

Finally, some states now have quarantine or other restrictions for some domestic travelers. In particular, it wouldn't be easy to go from CA to NYC right now and Hawaii seems to be out of the question for all but Hawaii residents until next year at the earliest.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:06 am

Sounds like the Las Alcobas in Napa Valley could be a contender. Great hard product, excellent location in the heart of the valley for restaurants and wineries. St Regis in Aspen also awesome.

FWIW, the common areas of the palace hotel in SF are gorgeous and special. I do not think the rooms are in the same league as other options. If you want to do SF, go with St Regis.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Time of year?

Do you necessarily want a resort or would you consider a city? What do you like to do? Beach, hiking, skiing, fine dining, bars and clubs, museums? What style do you prefer?

Can we assume that you would be driving or flying from Tahoe?

Be sure to check that SNAs can be used at the property you pick. Check also their definition of a standard suite. (I hate to use SNAs and only get a junior suite.)

Maybe Palace Hotel in SF? Canyon Suites (or Residences) at the Phoenician in Scottsdale? The Nines in Portland and the US Grant in (downtown) San Diego are interesting, but their rooms and suites tend to be small. Look at the lists of RCs, StRs, and LCs in the USA to get some ideas or maybe skim through the "Ambassador Experiences" thread in this forum.

Finally, some states now have quarantine or other restrictions for some domestic travelers. In particular, it wouldn't be easy to go from CA to NYC right now and Hawaii seems to be out of the question for all but Hawaii residents until next year at the earliest.
You have great taste! You named two of my favorites. We love the US Grant and actually I was working on a project in Portland and once stayed at the Nines for two months that one will always have sentimental value because of that and the dining as well. I have not been to the Phoenician so since our similar taste matches up so well on the other two will certainly check it out thank you Sir! Yes we will be driving or flying from Tahoe area.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boolean64
Sounds like the Las Alcobas in Napa Valley could be a contender. Great hard product, excellent location in the heart of the valley for restaurants and wineries. St Regis in Aspen also awesome.

FWIW, the common areas of the palace hotel in SF are gorgeous and special. I do not think the rooms are in the same league as other options. If you want to do SF, go with St Regis.
Thank you as well did live in Napa for a few years and we had some of our best first dates there. Have not heard of Las Alcobas so I will check that out as well for sure, thank you for the help on this and stay healthy and prosperous all!
Old Aug 8, 2020, 6:19 pm

Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay is nice depending on the time of the year, weather wise. Love their brunch but haven’t been there since last year. The firepit patio rooms are nice.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I second Half Moon Bay with one of the rooms with a firepit.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks All! The winner for us was the half moon bay property! I had been there once for dinner after hitting that pumpkin patch but never stayed there. Seems to fit best combination of driving and luxury so thank you all again so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.