Wiki Posts
Search

$100 Dining Credit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
$100 Dining Credit

Last year I received a $100 dining credit that I used at the Westin in Atlanta. I cannot find how I got that credit. I thought it was an annual perk of one of my credit cards. Does anyone happen to remember this dining credit?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Last year I received a $100 dining credit that I used at the Westin in Atlanta. I cannot find how I got that credit. I thought it was an annual perk of one of my credit cards. Does anyone happen to remember this dining credit?
I think you're referring to this, but you shouldn't be getting it at a Westin Hotel, only at an RC or St. Regis, so it might be a different credit:

"$100 Marriott Bonvoy Property Credit. With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® and get up to $100 in credit for qualifying charges.‡"

You also get the $100 credit with the RC Rewards Card.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I think you're referring to this, but you shouldn't be getting it at a Westin Hotel, only at an RC or St. Regis, so it might be a different credit:

"$100 Marriott Bonvoy Property Credit. With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® and get up to $100 in credit for qualifying charges.‡"

You also get the $100 credit with the RC Rewards Card.
I didn't stay at the hotel at all. Just went up and eat dinner and somehow got the credit. It has gotten hard to track all of these things.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Must have been something else. Hopefully someone knows what it was, so I can not pass up on using it again.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Did you book via a travel advisor? You often get these credits with Virtuoso or STARS/Luminous rates. FHR also gives credits like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Is the "special rate" $100 more than the regular rate? I am always skeptical of these types of offers.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is the "special rate" $100 more than the regular rate? I am always skeptical of these types of offers.
It's not a "special rate," it's a $100 credit. When you stay at a RC or St. Regis hotel, the credit can be applied to pay for dining, spa or other incidental fee, but not for room rate.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

It's not a "special rate," it's a $100 credit. When you stay at a RC or St. Regis hotel, the credit can be applied to pay for dining, spa or other incidental fee, but not for room rate.
Then how did I get it? I went there for the sole purpose of the $100 dining credit and spent one night in the Atlanta Westin. Was it a one time credit card bonus?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I think I understand your question. There is a special code for obtaining this credit, and when you stay at the hotel that code applies and, yes, you get a rate that is generally higher than the normal rate for a stay, and I think it is often close to $100 more, but it can be lower.

Then how did I get it? I went there for the sole purpose of the $100 dining credit and spent one night in the Atlanta Westin. Was it a one time credit card bonus?
In your previous post, you said you didn't stay at the hotel at all, you just ate dinner there. Since it was a Westin Hotel, it must have been something else. You could call the hotel and ask them if it was a one-time special promotion that you got or if you can get it again.
Mr. BoH likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Aug 12, 2020 at 9:26 pm Reason: Add information
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

I think I understand your question. There is a special code for obtaining this credit, and when you stay at the hotel that code applies and, yes, you get a rate that is generally higher than the normal rate for a stay, and I think it is often close to $100 more, but it can be lower.

In your previous post, you said you didn't stay at the hotel at all, you just ate dinner there. Since it was a Westin Hotel, it must have been something else. You could call the hotel and ask them if it was a one-time special promotion that you got or if you can get it again.
I was wrong about staying there. We did spend a night there. I don't know if I was required to stay there or not. I do not think it was tied to the stay as I booked a $88 rate. A very cheap rate by any standard for a Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.