Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

Old Aug 3, 20, 7:23 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

Today, we’re excited to share with you that new limited-time offers are available to the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card portfolio. These enhanced offers will be available from August 3 to October 31, 2020 for eligible Marriott Bonvoy, Brilliant and Business Card Members. These offers will provide even more value as Card Members explore locally, take road-trips this summer and continue spending for business needs.

These enhanced offers include:

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. Gas Stations (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. Restaurants (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

Ready to Enroll? Check your eligibility here:
Old Aug 3, 20, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
This is a great promo. Signed up this morning.

Old Aug 3, 20, 8:15 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Shame there is nothing for the UK card!
Old Aug 3, 20, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Excellent promo, I will likely be able to rack up a lot of points. Will switch my regular restaurant spending to this card, and I am likely now going to book an extra trip due to this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Chase UA Visa is offering 5 total miles per dollar spend on grocery stores and gas fro Aug. 1 through Sept. 30. I value 1 UA mile more than 2 MB points, so I'll go with Chase UA Visa through Sept. 30, then go with MB AMEX for October. Chase WOH Visa gets all the rest.
Finance_underling likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers. Recently we’ve seen gift card promotions, bonus points offers, amex cashback offers etc that are only targeted at US customers. I’m personally prepared to push some serious spend Marriott’s way if they start incentivising stays in the UK and Europe with promotions. As it stands, IHG have been getting my business due to their 4x promotion and new offer for half price prepaid nights. I would appreciate if Marriott did more to show that it cares about markets out with the USA. Is this all because US travellers can’t actually travel to many places right now and Marriott wants them to splash some cash in the US?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers. Recently we’ve seen gift card promotions, bonus points offers, amex cashback offers etc that are only targeted at US customers. I’m personally prepared to push some serious spend Marriott’s way if they start incentivising stays in the UK and Europe with promotions. As it stands, IHG have been getting my business due to their 4x promotion and new offer for half price prepaid nights. I would appreciate if Marriott did more to show that it cares about markets out with the USA. Is this all because US travellers can’t actually travel to many places right now and Marriott wants them to splash some cash in the US?
talk to U.K.’s issuing bank as I’m sure Marriott would love to sell more points to the issuing bank.
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:18 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
What about Canada?

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Probably nothing new for Canada either?
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers.
I'd go further and say this: I wonder if Marriott cares about any of its travelers outside the US, period. I understand they're an American company, the majority of their properties are in the United States and a generous chunk of their clientele are credit card-toting US-based travelers, but for goodness' sakes - it's gotten to the point where Marriott's development page shows brand info from a North American perspective - US RevPAR, US/Canada pipeline vs. Rest-of-world... and even the fact sheets have "NoAm" [North America] in their titles. 10x points on eligible purchases while the rest of us suckers around the world get tossed the dusty crumbs of a milquetoast promotion like "earn 2000 points for each stay"?

Yeesh - why even bother?

khabah
Old Aug 3, 20, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This is beneficial, and a smart idea... i hate how Amex promotions like this always have dollar limits, though they seem reasonable numbers if through the end of the year.
Old Aug 3, 20, 5:09 pm

The timing may have something to do with the Hilton spend promo just having ended, and turned out to be very successful. So Marriott naturally had to put together something similar in a hurry.
Old Aug 3, 20, 5:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC
Nice promo. For those abroad, the Chase RC Rewards Card offers 10x at overseas restaurants as well, while the Amex Marriott card only offers it at US restaurants.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Nothing on my card. Zero. Zilch.
Old Aug 3, 20, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe View Post
Nice promo. For those abroad, the Chase RC Rewards Card offers 10x at overseas restaurants as well, while the Amex Marriott card only offers it at US restaurants.
The Chase Ritz Carlton card can't be applied for anymore unfortunately. It's gone from the portfolio.
Old Aug 3, 20, 11:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
The Chase Ritz Carlton card can't be applied for anymore unfortunately. It's gone from the portfolio.
Yes, I think most people know that, but for those who have it (which I do), they can get the 10x bonus at restaurants overseas. Therefore, I wasn't expecting that people would try and apply for it just to take advantage of this promotion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: