FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2022731-new-promo-earn-10x-pts-eligible-purchases-marriott-bonvoy-american-express.html)

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Aug 3, 2020 7:23 am

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

Today, we’re excited to share with you that new limited-time offers are available to the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card portfolio. These enhanced offers will be available from August 3 to October 31, 2020 for eligible Marriott Bonvoy, Brilliant and Business Card Members. These offers will provide even more value as Card Members explore locally, take road-trips this summer and continue spending for business needs.

These enhanced offers include:

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. Gas Stations (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. Restaurants (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

● 10X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels (up to $7,500 on eligible purchases)

Ready to Enroll? Check your eligibility here:
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...848d6964bf.jpg

cfischer Aug 3, 2020 7:49 am

This is a great promo. Signed up this morning.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b3de14d91d.png

UKTraveller4Fun Aug 3, 2020 8:15 am

Shame there is nothing for the UK card!

Adelphos Aug 3, 2020 8:23 am

Excellent promo, I will likely be able to rack up a lot of points. Will switch my regular restaurant spending to this card, and I am likely now going to book an extra trip due to this.

CIT85 Aug 3, 2020 8:54 am

Chase UA Visa is offering 5 total miles per dollar spend on grocery stores and gas fro Aug. 1 through Sept. 30. I value 1 UA mile more than 2 MB points, so I'll go with Chase UA Visa through Sept. 30, then go with MB AMEX for October. Chase WOH Visa gets all the rest.

Radiation Station Aug 3, 2020 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32578042)

I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers. Recently we’ve seen gift card promotions, bonus points offers, amex cashback offers etc that are only targeted at US customers. I’m personally prepared to push some serious spend Marriott’s way if they start incentivising stays in the UK and Europe with promotions. As it stands, IHG have been getting my business due to their 4x promotion and new offer for half price prepaid nights. I would appreciate if Marriott did more to show that it cares about markets out with the USA. Is this all because US travellers can’t actually travel to many places right now and Marriott wants them to splash some cash in the US?

myperks Aug 3, 2020 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 32578646)
I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers. Recently we’ve seen gift card promotions, bonus points offers, amex cashback offers etc that are only targeted at US customers. I’m personally prepared to push some serious spend Marriott’s way if they start incentivising stays in the UK and Europe with promotions. As it stands, IHG have been getting my business due to their 4x promotion and new offer for half price prepaid nights. I would appreciate if Marriott did more to show that it cares about markets out with the USA. Is this all because US travellers can’t actually travel to many places right now and Marriott wants them to splash some cash in the US?

talk to U.K.’s issuing bank as I’m sure Marriott would love to sell more points to the issuing bank.

Vaclav Aug 3, 2020 1:18 pm

What about Canada?

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32578042)

Probably nothing new for Canada either?

khabah Aug 3, 2020 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 32578646)
I hate to be a Moaning Myrtle but I’m beginning to wonder if Marriott Bonvoy cares about its UK based travellers.

I'd go further and say this: I wonder if Marriott cares about any of its travelers outside the US, period. I understand they're an American company, the majority of their properties are in the United States and a generous chunk of their clientele are credit card-toting US-based travelers, but for goodness' sakes - it's gotten to the point where Marriott's development page shows brand info from a North American perspective - US RevPAR, US/Canada pipeline vs. Rest-of-world... and even the fact sheets have "NoAm" [North America] in their titles. 10x points on eligible purchases while the rest of us suckers around the world get tossed the dusty crumbs of a milquetoast promotion like "earn 2000 points for each stay"?

Yeesh - why even bother?

khabah

cfabar1 Aug 3, 2020 4:41 pm

This is beneficial, and a smart idea... i hate how Amex promotions like this always have dollar limits, though they seem reasonable numbers if through the end of the year.

MaxVO Aug 3, 2020 5:09 pm

The timing may have something to do with the Hilton spend promo just having ended, and turned out to be very successful. So Marriott naturally had to put together something similar in a hurry.

Nagasaki Joe Aug 3, 2020 5:44 pm

Nice promo. For those abroad, the Chase RC Rewards Card offers 10x at overseas restaurants as well, while the Amex Marriott card only offers it at US restaurants.

skywalkerLAX Aug 3, 2020 10:45 pm

Nothing on my card. Zero. Zilch.

skywalkerLAX Aug 3, 2020 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe (Post 32579361)
Nice promo. For those abroad, the Chase RC Rewards Card offers 10x at overseas restaurants as well, while the Amex Marriott card only offers it at US restaurants.

The Chase Ritz Carlton card can't be applied for anymore unfortunately. It's gone from the portfolio.

Nagasaki Joe Aug 3, 2020 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32579834)
The Chase Ritz Carlton card can't be applied for anymore unfortunately. It's gone from the portfolio.

Yes, I think most people know that, but for those who have it (which I do), they can get the 10x bonus at restaurants overseas. Therefore, I wasn't expecting that people would try and apply for it just to take advantage of this promotion.