Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:00 pm

Does delivery like grubhub/ubereats/doordash count as restaurant?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Points posted - nice promotion

Some were concerned about points posting successfully or timely, but they did post with the statement - it was not necessary to wait any longer. When logged in to my account, the past statement's transactions all said "2X Points" but the bonus points did show up in the .pdf (and mailed) statement:

... and in the Marriott account (one bonus is gas and other is restaurants):

Looks like everything worked according to plan - this is a nice bonus to have when hotel travel has been limited.

Thanks Marriott and Amex!
controller1 and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:46 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
anyone else get an email sometimes when using the card for dining but not the rest of the time?

I don't have a recent statement, and based on the above I expect the bonus points will post, but it's about 1 in 3 uses that I get an email congratulating me on the bonus points
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
anyone else get an email sometimes when using the card for dining but not the rest of the time?

I don't have a recent statement, and based on the above I expect the bonus points will post, but it's about 1 in 3 uses that I get an email congratulating me on the bonus points
I get the email for restaurant purchase almost immediately but not for gas. I think those emails are for the restaurant credit against the annual fee and not the bonus points.

I did get the gas and restaurant bonus points last statement so those are timely.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Has anyone had these bonuses *not* post with their PDF statement? I appear to have received the 10X bonus for my hotel spending, but not the 10x bonus for my restaurant spending. Very confusing.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:24 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Is there any DP on whether restaurant purchases through delivery apps such as UberEat qualify for the promo? TIA.

LAX
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by LAX
Is there any DP on whether restaurant purchases through delivery apps such as UberEat qualify for the promo? TIA.

LAX
For what it's worth, Postmates codes as a restaurant on my Gold card, so I'd strongly suspect it would trigger the promo. No reason to think UberEats would be any different, but perhaps others can weigh in with DPs.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:49 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
For what it's worth, Postmates codes as a restaurant on my Gold card, so I'd strongly suspect it would trigger the promo. No reason to think UberEats would be any different, but perhaps others can weigh in with DPs.
Not sure if there is any correlation, but some supermarkets in my area are not coded as "grocery" even though other banks do (Chase & BofA). While I agree that UberEats and Postmates should be in the same coding category, but it may not be that clear cut. Thanks anyway.

LAX

Last edited by LAX; Sep 12, 2020 at 6:20 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Looks like I need to wait some more. I don't quite understand the whole merchant interaction and them updating it, but we'll see again in a month where it goes. Still going to use the CSR's 5x until then. I don't really want to keep track of individual gas transactions for months at a time just to make sure. If they post, great, I'll switch back to the AMEX for the remaining time.

A bit of an update on this: a little over a month after my original transactions, I received emails saying I redeemed the offers from the gas stations. Will verify that they post on this statement when it cuts Monday night.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Has anyone had these bonuses *not* post with their PDF statement? I appear to have received the 10X bonus for my hotel spending, but not the 10x bonus for my restaurant spending. Very confusing.
did you sign up for the promo?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
did you sign up for the promo?
Yes, I signed up the day it appeared on my cards, early last month (both the Brilliant and the Bonvoy Biz). Oddly, I've used Amex chat support to ask about this a few times, and two of those times the agent tried to tell me that I wasn't registered, and then when I insisted that I am registered, he double checked and confirmed that I am, in fact registered. But the initial suggestion that I'm not registered does not inspire confidence, especially given that it happened twice.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
The points don’t look like they are showing up clearly on my card statement, but they are in my Bonvoy account:

SPN Lifer and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
A bit of an update on this: a little over a month after my original transactions, I received emails saying I redeemed the offers from the gas stations. Will verify that they post on this statement when it cuts Monday night.
Update on the update: They still did not post with this statement (checked both my statement and Bonvoy account) so I reached out through chat again and they said they would manually post them.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I did not see any way to verify every single transaction to see if it calculated the 10x points (they show up as 2x online) but I ran the Amex report of spend in the statement period by category and compared the totals of restaurants and gas. Those numbers corresponded to my earned points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.