Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Edinburgh (formerly Marriott), Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Delta Hotels Edinburgh (formerly Marriott), Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador

Stayed in this property on Glasgow Road on June 24th - just a week after it reopened. Seemed to be only around 10% occupancy. Main restaurant is closed in the evening, bar food menu is available at the lobby bar.
Breakfast you need to book a time slot, and is ordered from a limited menu for table service which does have hot items, but does not have - for example - Haggis, black pudding or beans. The buffet remains closed clearly meantime.
Overall a bit of a soulless experience just now!
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the info. I have several bookings lined up in a few months time.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:51 pm

Just back from a stay here last night. It was good to be back in a hotel that I am very familiar with given the number of stays I do here each year. You can't move in the hotel without going past a sanitiser station (and liked how they have non-alcohol ones too) and I liked the touch of having a small packet of alcohol wipes waiting for you in your room so you could do an extra clean - I'd taken some up from the car to do just that so a nice touch for those that didn't think to bring some with them. The hotel also email you to give you advice pre-arrival which I liked given this trip was my first time since before Coronavirus took over our lives.

Other than the bible not being there and no cups in the room (you got paper ones instead... but weirdly the glasses were still there!) I can't say I noticed anything different (in the room) compared to my last stay in March. What I did notice though was the lack of very familiar faces in the hotel. The breakfast manager (Slim) has gone along with a number of the very familiar waiting staff too and it seems that the concierge guys have been let go too - you really miss seeing/chatting with John/Gary as you came/went from the hotel.

As above, the food offerings are very much reduced both in the bar and what is available for breakfast. Thankfully the Marriott burger was still there but not much else was. Even the drink selection is down too - if you want a Guinness its a can of the stuff rather than being on draft.
chrism20 and littlevoices like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Anyone stay here recently? Recent reviews are terrible.

Ron.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by newfbc

Ron.
It's one of many UK properties turning into a Delta soon.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by newfbc

Ron.
Honestly I avoid this property in Edinburgh. I'd recommend the Sheraton Grand or the Moxy Fountainbridge in that order before the Marriott.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Honestly I avoid this property in Edinburgh. I'd recommend the Sheraton Grand or the Moxy Fountainbridge in that order before the Marriott.
I agree. Another once decent Marriott in decline. Started when the lounge was removed. Now full of coach parties.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:46 am

The plus of this hotel is a cheaper than the Sheraton (about 1/3 of the cost) and unlike the Moxy its got parking onsite.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nequine
The plus of this hotel is a cheaper than the Sheraton (about 1/3 of the cost) and unlike the Moxy its got parking onsite.
It's also close to the airport so slight edge over the Moxy but still meh.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:02 pm

Has anyone stayed here after its rebranding to a Delta? I've got a couple of stays coming up soon and wondering what has changed ie will I still get breakfast in the restaurant as part of my elite level benefits?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by nequine
Has anyone stayed here after its rebranding to a Delta? I've got a couple of stays coming up soon and wondering what has changed ie will I still get breakfast in the restaurant as part of my elite level benefits?
I am in this property July 8th. Part way through a refurbishment (much needed). Whilst work still in progress, corridors and room are recarpeted, and new furniture in rooms. Water pressure issue on floor 3 seems fixed.

Still no aircon though, but a fan in my room!. Elsewhere bar and restaurant are much as before. Overall decent value for the price for Edinburgh properties. As Titanium lifetime I got complimentary breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:21 pm

Good to see that carpet has made it into other rooms as I've only seen it in the first floor ones!
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Delta Edinburgh Review

I had a 6-night stay during The Fringe and can (sort of) recommend this reflagged property.
On the positive side, the windows open, the wifi is good, the room comfortable, and the fitness area well equipped i.e. sauna, steam, indoor 1M pool, and good selection of exercise equipment.
During my stay, I was assured by the GM that the all the a/c units are being replaced, A big deal BTW.
The brekfasts are fantastic. Full buffet for Plats, otherwise 18.5 GBP
As others have said, the bus service to tthe CBD is a real plus - every 10 minutes. The stop (Marbury Road) is right out front. Ditto for the airport.
PM me if you need a contact for room upgrade requests.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I had a 6-night stay during The Fringe and can (sort of) recommend this reflagged property.
On the positive side, the windows open, the wifi is good, the room comfortable, and the fitness area well equipped i.e. sauna, steam, indoor 1M pool, and good selection of exercise equipment.
During my stay, I was assured by the GM that the all the a/c units are being replaced, A big deal BTW.
The brekfasts are fantastic. Full buffet for Plats, otherwise 18.5 GBP
As others have said, the bus service to tthe CBD is a real plus - every 10 minutes. The stop (Marbury Road) is right out front. Ditto for the airport.
PM me if you need a contact for room upgrade requests.
Maybury Road? From my recollection (not stayed for 6 or 7 years)
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
helpful ?

Yes, it is Maybury Road. The last stop on the 100 bus for the Airport Hotels stop.
Are you trying to be helpful in spell checking? Too funny, it feels like my English mother!!
IF you have written any helpful reviews on FT, PM me...............I will read them and (of course) spell check.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.