Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott to require guests to wear masks in indoor public spaces in USA & Canada

Marriott to require guests to wear masks in indoor public spaces in USA & Canada

Old Jul 21, 20, 4:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've updated the thread title to clarify the current scope of the requirement.

Your cooperation in keeping the thread focussed on Marriott is appreciated. Off-topic posts which lead the thread off into North American politics have been, and will be, removed.

/the mod team
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 20, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by adenzin7 View Post
that is not true, I stayed in a HIX in Regensburg on Saturday and masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces by law. You are only allowed to take them off for eating at a table with other household members.
Ah sorry, I always mix the rules in Germany with the ones in Austria
Old Jul 21, 20, 6:36 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
Ah sorry, I always mix the rules in Germany with the ones in Austria
It is just in Baveria a rule not in whole Germany.
Last week I was in Berlin. No masks.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 20, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by northernstar84 View Post
Also true
Old Jul 21, 20, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Currently staying at an Autograph hotel in HEL - no-one wears a mask, staff or guests. But here masks are not even a recommendation much less mandated from the gov't.
Old Jul 21, 20, 9:00 am

Programs: DL 1.95MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I saw different kinds of masks being used in Berlin on IG.
Old Jul 21, 20, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Currently staying at an Autograph hotel in HEL - no-one wears a mask, staff or guests. But here masks are not even a recommendation much less mandated from the gov't.
So then a great place to go for some days.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 20, 7:03 pm

Programs: TK elite+ = *gold, MarriWood Titanium + Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Thumbs up Great and necessary step WORLWIDE

Lets hope this is just for the USA.
Here in Europe we do not need that. There are many mask free countries here (Denmark, Czech Rebuplic, Sweden and more...)
In the last few weeks I never had to use a mask in an european hotel.
If it is worldwide then a good reason to avoid Marriott. Don`t forget not everybody is panic about Covid.
Keep this in the USA
no way!
Here in Europe we ABSOLUTELY DO NEED THAT!

People selfishly and ignorantly ignoring the truth (e.g.all studies clearly showing the effectiveness of masks) are the ones responsible for keeping COVID going, for the deaths and all the damage to the economy.
If everybody would have take this seriously with a real, hard lookdown like NZ, the thing would be over worldwide with far less damage done and everything back to normal. But because some idiots (e.g. drunken Germans in Mallorca crowding some bars, so their gouvernment closed down all bars and shops and restaurant in the same street) are enough to keep it going and everyone else hostage, we now have the trouble in Europe - just look at Spain (new lockdowns), France requiering masks outdoors, Austria realizing their mistake in loosening mask requierements leading to rising case numbers so they are re-introducing mask requierements...

Kudos to Marriott if they make masks mandatory where countries fail to do so, for me this would be a reason to stay in hotels again (right now I don't feel save because of too many people who either really just don't know the real danger in how this stuff spreads or are blatanly ignoring it).
Old Jul 23, 20, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by zap7 View Post
no way!
Here in Europe we ABSOLUTELY DO NEED THAT!

People selfishly and ignorantly ignoring the truth (e.g.all studies clearly showing the effectiveness of masks) are the ones responsible for keeping COVID going, for the deaths and all the damage to the economy.
If everybody would have take this seriously with a real, hard lookdown like NZ, the thing would be over worldwide with far less damage done and everything back to normal. But because some idiots (e.g. drunken Germans in Mallorca crowding some bars, so their gouvernment closed down all bars and shops and restaurant in the same street) are enough to keep it going and everyone else hostage, we now have the trouble in Europe - just look at Spain (new lockdowns), France requiering masks outdoors, Austria realizing their mistake in loosening mask requierements leading to rising case numbers so they are re-introducing mask requierements...

Kudos to Marriott if they make masks mandatory where countries fail to do so, for me this would be a reason to stay in hotels again (right now I don't feel save because of too many people who either really just don't know the real danger in how this stuff spreads or are blatanly ignoring it).
You can use your mask everywhere you want.
Even at home.
But do not torture us with it due your panic and fear.

And by the way the virus will never disappear again. Learn to live with it.

#freeourfaces
DJ_Iceman and msp3 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: