Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dayton, OH

Old Jul 20, 20, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

We are driving from the DC Area to Bloomington, IN to move our son to IU, looking at properties around the Dayton Airport to stop on the way. Any advice? Springhill Suites and Residence Inn Vandalia look to be the best options. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 21, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA-PP, Marriott(T)
I'd avoid the UD Marriott. Bartender there in April 21 was loudly complaining to all guests that the Government should have no say in how they run the hotel and what health safety standards are. "Business should make those determinations!" He also called for the active removal of the Ohio Governor as he poured drinks for people with his mask down.

Also, I won't be ordering chicken sandwiches there, since the hotel clearly determines what a safe temperature is. Crazy stay.
Old May 1, 21, 5:04 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA Guy View Post
We are driving from the DC Area to Bloomington, IN to move our son to IU, looking at properties around the Dayton Airport to stop on the way. Any advice? Springhill Suites and Residence Inn Vandalia look to be the best options. Thanks!
Residence Inn in Vandalia near the airport is your best bet if you are dead set on being near the airport.

Daytonís Marriott properties are less than stellar. The Marriott at UD is the best full service hotel but itís an older property.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old May 2, 21, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
As the original post is almost a year old, I will assume the recommendation is no longer needed.

I am life-long Dayton resident, so if any has questions in the future, ping me (either by quoting this post or DM) and I would be happy to help.

Cheers.

Search this Thread