Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Corporate Rates, MY24, and reserve guarantee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Rates, MY24, and reserve guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Perhaps a helpful moderator could change the thread title from "My24" to "Your24"?

There is no reason to indulge FT entitlement to an extent that it becomes confusing.

​​​​​​​Or we could use one of the existing threads.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-program.html

How to Use Your24 Benefit
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
As someone who has exercised Y24 requests and occasionally 48 hour guarantee, I wouldn’t expect a Y24 request to be granted.

Even at properties I frequent often the requests are frequently declined, and at one off or infrequent properties I’ve learned the properties sometimes auto decline them as policy.

I usually have to contact the FDM and request if they would honor the early check in or late checkout manually.

The Y24 benefit is nice on paper but practically useless because properties have no penalty for refusing it.

Additionally, if the property is already at capacity that you need to exercise a 48 hour guarantee, it’s unlikely they are going to approve a Y24 request which would impact the guests before and after you for whatever room you are assigned.
That's very helpful. Thanks. I am also assuming by your response, the "dedicated manager" is of little use to push internally that your benefit is actually a benefit. That's underwhelming to say the least. I appreciate the candour. Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.