Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone planning to spend more than 75 nights with Marriott this year?

Old Jul 11, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

With the current head start promotion, I'll be about 11 nights away from reaching Titanium Elite status once my current stay is concluded. I'm not sure if there are any further milestones to earn. I won't reach Ambassador status as I won't spend anywhere close to $20k. What do you guys think? What are you planning to do? It's too bad I can't rollover any nights from this year into 2021.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I'm already at 101 nights. Bummed that rollover nights are gone. No other incentive to stay at Marriott this year even if things calm down.
lsquare and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:12 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
With the current head start promotion, I'll be about 11 nights away from reaching Titanium Elite status once my current stay is concluded. I'm not sure if there are any further milestones to earn. I won't reach Ambassador status as I won't spend anywhere close to $20k. What do you guys think? What are you planning to do? It's too bad I can't rollover any nights from this year into 2021.
If you hit titanium last year then you will get an extra 50% that should get you close to 100.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I'm already at 101 nights. Bummed that rollover nights are gone. No other incentive to stay at Marriott this year even if things calm down.
I guess I never understood this thought. The whole point of status for me is the perks I can get. Why would I want to change hotel chains instead of taking advantage of the perks.

I can see that in some cases you might need to have status with multiple chains but honestly if you are going Hilton, just get the status via CC. Hyatt is a bit different.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
At least 210 nights this year and could care less about the stupid Marriott program.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

As just posted in the "Enhancements" thread, now at 72 nights for 2020...and only $56 YTD spend.

Let's put it this way: I ain't gunning for Ambassador in 2020...

David
margarita girl and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uibd
I guess I never understood this thought. The whole point of status for me is the perks I can get. Why would I want to change hotel chains instead of taking advantage of the perks.

I can see that in some cases you might need to have status with multiple chains but honestly if you are going Hilton, just get the status via CC. Hyatt is a bit different.
I understand the whole point of status. It's not like I won't try to re-qualify next year. It's just that none of the additional nights after 75 will mean much unless I'm missing something. There's also the issue of brand and benefit suspension. So it's a lot to ask to spend more nights without any incentives unless I'm missing something.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t1c
If you hit titanium last year then you will get an extra 50% that should get you close to 100.
I'm currently only a Platinum so I only received 25 EQNs from Marriott.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
As just posted in the "Enhancements" thread, now at 72 nights for 2020...and only $56 YTD spend.

Let's put it this way: I ain't gunning for Ambassador in 2020...

David
How do you get to that screen that shows how much you've spent in 2020? I can't seem to find it on the app or on the desktop.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:03 pm

Will spend more than 75 nights. No more levels to achieve since I am not spending $20K, but the 75% bonus points for cash spent is useful.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
How do you get to that screen that shows how much you've spent in 2020? I can't seem to find it on the app or on the desktop.
On desktop: Easy to get to the screen - hard to see the data.

Reported the problem back in the Issues with Marriott.com website thread - the data briefly shows and then disappears. I was able to capture it by using my PC's <forward key> (right arrow) to go to my account overview page (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi) and then quickly hitting the screen capture sequence to grab the screen before the data disappears.

On (iPhone) app: The nights and spend data is immediately accessible under the My Account selection.

David
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
On desktop: Easy to get to the screen - hard to see the data.

Reported the problem back in the Issues with Marriott.com website thread - the data briefly shows and then disappears. I was able to capture it by using my PC's <forward key> (right arrow) to go to my account overview page (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi) and then quickly hitting the screen capture sequence to grab the screen before the data disappears.

On (iPhone) app: The nights and spend data is immediately accessible under the My Account selection.

David
I must be blind because I don't see the information on the Android app,
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I cannot find my annual spend on the Android app, either. I don't think it is there. I seem to recall having this discussion on another thread within the past three months.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I cannot find my annual spend on the Android app, either. I don't think it is there. I seem to recall having this discussion on another thread within the past three months.
LOL!!!

Yea, I thought it was really strange because I went through every screen and I just don't see it. I thought maybe it was me and I should just say it in case I really am an idiot and missed a button or something.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Quirky as Marriott Bonvy IT might be, Hilton Honors IT still cannot manage to post their members' lifetime night totals online.

Bonvy​​​​​​!
lsquare and yurtripper like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.