Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone planning to spend more than 75 nights with Marriott this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone planning to spend more than 75 nights with Marriott this year?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I am already at 102 (15 Credit Card + 38 Promotional + 49 Revenue) with about 30 nights planned for the rest of the year so I wish there was a Choice at 100 and 125 Nights oh well.
I wish Marriott would do more to reward you for the loyalty.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm now at 89 nights with the bonuses (15 + 50). My goal is to not reach 100. Tired of getting Bonvoyed and shifting everything I can to Hyatt. I just wish they had more properties open.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm now at 89 nights with the bonuses (15 + 50). My goal is to not reach 100. Tired of getting Bonvoyed and shifting everything I can to Hyatt. I just wish they had more properties open.
"They" being Hyatt? And "open" meaning more in number or simply open during CV19?

David
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I'm well over 75 now, after all the bonuses from CC and prior year Titanium, with some future planned stays that may or may not happen due to COVID. Sadly there appears to be 0 incentive to hit "100" as the Ambassador spend requirement isn't changing.

Wish they would do what Hilton is doing and roll over some of our actual stayed nights to 2021 - as travel is not going to be back to normal for a long, long time.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DELee
"They" being Hyatt? And "open" meaning more in number or simply open during CV19?

David
Hyatt. They have a small footprint to start, and many of their full service properties are currently closed due to COVID. Sometimes Marriott/Hilton win simply by virtue of having a property that's open.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
I wish Marriott would do more to reward you for the loyalty.
Me too but sadly loyalty isn't valued anymore even during this pandemic.

It's basically "Every person for themselves".
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Me too but sadly loyalty isn't valued anymore even during this pandemic.

It's basically "Every person for themselves".
It's basically "Every person hotel chain / hotel owner for themselves".

David

p.s. To the Marriott Corporation and its franchisees: CV-19 isn't going away - respond accordingly and effectively to tell us what services and incentives you'll provide when you'll provide them if you want our business.
lsquare and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is just my thinking and maybe some of you guys would agree and disagree. Given the brand and standard suspension, the need for cash to sustain their business, a rollover even if it’s temporary would make a lot of sense. It would incentivize me and maybe everyone in this thread to give Marriott the business that they want. It could help boost occupancy rate to a much higher level. Let’s face it, business travel around the world, but especially the US won’t rebound any time soon. This is the new normal for the foreseeable future. Marriott shouldn’t be worried about rollover and how it’ll affect 2021. They should just figure out how to not only survive, but thrive in 2020.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
I'm well over 75 now, after all the bonuses from CC and prior year Titanium, with some future planned stays that may or may not happen due to COVID. Sadly there appears to be 0 incentive to hit "100" as the Ambassador spend requirement isn't changing.

Wish they would do what Hilton is doing and roll over some of our actual stayed nights to 2021 - as travel is not going to be back to normal for a long, long time.
I don’t think Ambassador is worth it even during normal times. I probably would stop at 75 nights no matter what with Marriott.
fotoflyer88 and Antonio8069 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:03 am

I hit my 76 nights for this year (included bonus 38 nights for titanium). I normally spread my stay over Hilton, Golden circle and Marriott (not many Hyatt choices). I shift to another chain everytime i reach marriot titanium status ( pre covid time ) to maintain elite status for other programs. Kinda wish to have any hotel CC (non available in my country) which would make it much easier to maintain the status)
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uibd
I guess I never understood this thought. The whole point of status for me is the perks I can get. Why would I want to change hotel chains instead of taking advantage of the perks.

I can see that in some cases you might need to have status with multiple chains but honestly if you are going Hilton, just get the status via CC. Hyatt is a bit different.
What perks would it get me with the benefits suspension? It wouldn't surprise me if the suspension is extended until the EOY, which means properties don't need to provide breakfast anymore. Upgrades seem to be a hit or a miss. The only benefit seems to be the 4PM late check-out but even then some people mentioned that the 4PM late check out isn't possible due to staffing issues.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
What perks would it get me with the benefits suspension? It wouldn't surprise me if the suspension is extended until the EOY, which means properties don't need to provide breakfast anymore. Upgrades seem to be a hit or a miss. The only benefit seems to be the 4PM late check-out but even then some people mentioned that the 4PM late check out isn't possible due to staffing issues.
I haven’t had any trouble with 4 PM check-out during the pandemic.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
75 nights for 10 SNAs and that'll be it. Should be easy to hit barring unforeseen circumstances given the nice 38 nights that Marriott deposited
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I haven’t had any trouble with 4 PM check-out during the pandemic.
Still not enough to stay with Marriott this year unless they introduce a good promo, rollover nights, or bring back all the benefits.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Still not enough to stay with Marriott this year unless they introduce a good promo, rollover nights, or bring back all the benefits.
I'm just going to get to 75 nights and that will be it unless Marriott gives me a major incentive to spend more nights with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.