Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone planning to spend more than 75 nights with Marriott this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone planning to spend more than 75 nights with Marriott this year?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve got 95 nights now thanks to the top up. If things are somewhat normal in Q4 I’ll probably stay another 15-20 nights. I’m in China so have a bunch of choices for relatively cheap if I wanna pad my night stats.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:12 am

For me, I have jumped to globalist challenge when the situation became better in May in Hong Kong, when I found the Marriott Q1/2 promotion not really attractive while the price of hyatt hotels here dropped a lot. Now, while Marriott seems not going to have another promo, staying hyatt hotels till Sept with triple points is obviously a more attractive program to me if I would like to have staycation here. More, Marriott hotels accept ppl to complete quarantine there while hyatt hotels not. As a result, I have not stayed or visited marriott hotels for quite a long time. Therefore, not to mention 75 nights, probably a 50-night target might not be reached as well, with the view of recent situation these days, unfortunately.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
If it weren't for the fact my status will continue to next year, I would only reach silver status thanks to my credit card as I'm stuck on single figures having had a dozen reservations cancelled due to the hotels being closed/lockdown restrictions. No guarantee the reservations I have later in the year will go ahead either.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Quirky as Marriott Bonv°y IT might be, Hilton Honors IT still cannot manage to post their members' lifetime night totals online.

Bonv°y​​​​​​!
It’s probably more complex than we think. Hilton have been talking about that for a couple of years now.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I’ve got 95 nights now thanks to the top up. If things are somewhat normal in Q4 I’ll probably stay another 15-20 nights. I’m in China so have a bunch of choices for relatively cheap if I wanna pad my night stats.
I want Marriott to introduce some sort of milestones to give me that incentive. I don’t need Ambassador status.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I really don't see the point this year to purposefully stay with Marriott and go beyond 75 nights.

I will pick where I stay out of Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt based on price/location and whether there are any promos running. As a lifetime status hobbyist chaser I'd probably lean towards the competition as Marriott lifetime plat status will be in the bag for me soon.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
I really don't see the point this year to purposefully stay with Marriott and go beyond 75 nights.
If you already are ambassador and had your status extended to 2021, hitting 100 nights this year gives you the right to nominate a friend or relative for plat status valid through Feb 2022.

Not the most desirable of goals, but some might find it useful.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
If you already are ambassador and had your status extended to 2021, hitting 100 nights this year gives you the right to nominate a friend or relative for plat status valid through Feb 2022.

Not the most desirable of goals, but some might find it useful.
Pretty underwhelming offer...
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
Pretty underwhelming offer...
The idea of partially being accountable every time that Marriott screws up a benefit for a friend for an entire year? No thank you.
margarita girl and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Planning? No. But I wasn't planning on the 49 nights I have so far either.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uibd
I guess I never understood this thought. The whole point of status for me is the perks I can get. Why would I want to change hotel chains instead of taking advantage of the perks.
What perks? Didn't marriott openly suspend perks?
lsquare and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I won't *stay* 75 nights, but due to a few stays before Winnie the Flu shut everything down (plus 53 "free" nights due to the CC and being a prior-year titanium) I will probably limp in by the end of the year.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I'm already over 100

I'll hit 200 nights - with bonuses I might cross 300

Where else am I supposed to stay? IHG - no thanks Hilton - Maybe - most of the other chains don't exist out in the boonies where I frequet
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm at 84 nights w top up. I haven't left home to sleep in 4 months and 4 nights. I don't plan on staying in a hotel for a long time but there's no point in trying to go for ambassador as I can't imagine spending $15,000 the rest of year (I've spent $5000).

If I do travel, I'll try Hyatt to retain Globalist as it's a much better program that Titanium. I never tried to split nights once requalifying at different programs. But sadly Marriott ain't SPG so Hyatt it is if I can keep it. But I doubt I will as I won't travel so much ever again
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
With this week's top-up nights I should be on 71 nights (I'm not - I'm on 58 because the system has incorrectly credited me 25 nights not the 38 I'm eligible for as a Titanium but no matter) so I will definitely do the additional four nights to qualify unambiguously as Titanium and get my 75-night Free Night gift and my 9th qualifying lifetime year as Platinum. But what I won't do is go out of my way to generate additional nights at Marriott properties if it's not the best hotel for me.

It's all a bit moot anyway and I only plan for what is known so I'm not expecting any further travel this year and my worst case is that I do the four nights as staycations in HK. If the airways open up a bit then the nights will be done in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.