Same points for limited service?

Old Jun 27, 20, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Same points for limited service?

Booked an 8 day stay at a domestic Courtyard, at a 20% higher than normal points rate (I stay at this property every year the same week). Upon arriving, I'm told housekeeping is only being provided every 3 days, each room only has two towels and no bath mat, the bistro, fitness center, and pool are closed, and of all things, I can't have a little bottle of body wash to use as hand soap, they only have hard cakes. On top of that, the HBO Go and Showtime aren't working but the front desk person doesn't know why and and can't ask about it until Monday (it's a Friday). The room is dirty, halls haven't been vacuumed, and there's sticky pink goo on the nightstand. Gross.

I get it, the world is messed up right now, but wth?! Shouldn't the property have provided some kind of notification that they're on limited service, or charged a reduced points rate? It's packed with people, not like they have a shortage of guests - I'm irritated to be spending over 100k points, but I had to go buy my own towels at the freaking walmart to use.
Old Jun 27, 20, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
CY is the worst Marriott brand - FS prices for LS
Old Jun 28, 20, 10:36 am

I'd guess that the hotel was probably poorly run prior to the virus. Based on the lack of soft goods (towels, bath mats) and third-party services (HBO, etc), I'd also guess that they probably don't have money to pay their suppliers. It's likely they also laid off most of their staff, too.

Not sure if you want validation, but I'd be irritated if I were in your shoes. I'd probably ask to speak to a manager (preferably of the General kind) first thing on Monday. I'd ask for some points back. If the GM says no instantly, it's probably because the hotel is desperate for income.

In the meantime, try the Marriott website and see if there are any other nearby options. Perhaps you can move to a different hotel for the last 5 nights of your trip.
Old Jun 28, 20, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
If the property was in that state of obvious uncleanliness, there is zero chance I would be staying there. And I would be kicking up a fuss with Marriott.

Under normal circumstances this would be unacceptable, but during a pandemic this is downright dangerous.
Old Jun 28, 20, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
CY is the worst Marriott brand in the US - FS prices for LS
There, fixed that for you. CY in Asia are FS with LS pricing and are better than many Westin, Sheraton & Marriott properties in the US. Always exceptions in the US which really translates to inconsistency. I have stayed at a few. Some excell at Elite Recognition, friendliness & cleanliness while others should be deflagged.

James
ryw, UA-NYC and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Jun 28, 20, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
Not sure if you want validation, but I'd be irritated if I were in your shoes. I'd probably ask to speak to a manager (preferably of the General kind) first thing on Monday.
And remember to use a mask when you meet with the manager
Old Jun 28, 20, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Booked an 8 day stay at a domestic Courtyard, at a 20% higher than normal points rate (I stay at this property every year the same week). Upon arriving, I'm told housekeeping is only being provided every 3 days, each room only has two towels and no bath mat, the bistro, fitness center, and pool are closed, and of all things, I can't have a little bottle of body wash to use as hand soap, they only have hard cakes. On top of that, the HBO Go and Showtime aren't working but the front desk person doesn't know why and and can't ask about it until Monday (it's a Friday). The room is dirty, halls haven't been vacuumed, and there's sticky pink goo on the nightstand. Gross.

I get it, the world is messed up right now, but wth?! Shouldn't the property have provided some kind of notification that they're on limited service, or charged a reduced points rate? It's packed with people, not like they have a shortage of guests - I'm irritated to be spending over 100k points, but I had to go buy my own towels at the freaking walmart to use.
Please identify the hotel so we can avoid.
Old Jun 28, 20, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

I honestly didn't even think at first about the implications of not having housekeeping on the weekends, but seeing the nasty hallways lined with trash cans, and the elevators in dire need of vacuuming have made me go "eeeeeewwwwwww." If they can't even provide enough clean towels, there's zero chance the rooms are clean. Using covid as an excuse to reduce staff costs is b.s. - also, the hotel was solid out the past two nights, so it's not like they didn't have the revenue, it's the only Marriott property within 45 min of the event (horse show) facility
Old Jun 28, 20, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
What is the property?

I'd be taking pictures and sending that with a complaint to Marriott corporate. Not having basic items like towels is inexcusable, and so is trash in the halls or other areas that are left dirty.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Jun 28, 20, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
it's the only Marriott property within 45 min of the event (horse show) facility
The solution to that seems rather clear

Especially with the benefits guaranty currently suspended.
Old Jun 29, 20, 10:26 am

what courtyard is this? so we can avoid.
Old Jun 29, 20, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zack14 View Post
what courtyard is this? so we can avoid.
Courtyard Atlanta - Conyers, by the Georgia Olympic horse park. The property itself isn't awful, it's a ~10 year build, but it seriously has the worst staff of any hotel I've stayed at in my 1,100 Marriott nights.

Tonight I asked for clean towels, they didn't have any, and the "clean" one in my room had brown stains on it. 😷. I'm checking out early tomorrow.
Old Jun 29, 20, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Let me guess - is this the hotel charging a nightly $4.19 COVID cleaning fee? Would explain a lot frankly...
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Let me guess - is this the hotel charging a nightly $4.19 COVID cleaning fee? Would explain a lot frankly...
"Oh, ​​​​​hotelboy ..."

David
Kacee and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:19 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

Hi ninetynine,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Conyers. If you send a Private Message with your full name, confirmation number, and contact information, we'll follow up with the hotel's executive management on your behalf.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
trekwars2000 and Twickenham like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: