Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2020 promo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Summer 2020 promo?

Now that the putiful 1Q/2Q promo is over, will Marriott be starting anytimr a decent summer promo to induce people back into travelling?

I would definitely welcome another double points bonus promo.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Jun 17, 2020 at 8:12 pm
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:15 pm

Probably not, at least not a “good” one per FT requirements.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Gold, Pualani Gold
The new promo will be a free travel sized container of Purell hand sanitizer beginning with your 2nd stay.
Brendan, chrism20, uxb and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Washable face mask on 3rd stays? 🤣
Brendan, Twickenham and DELee like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
A $20 per night COVID amenity fee?
Brendan, DELee and Bradhattan like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:07 pm

I have a long stay coming in July (25 nights). I’m hoping there is something lucrative. But I’ve got to tell you that I’ve never had the right timing. So if we’re all SOL, it’s my fault. Apologies.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
I have a long stay coming in July (25 nights). I’m hoping there is something lucrative. But I’ve got to tell you that I’ve never had the right timing. So if we’re all SOL, it’s my fault. Apologies.
S'alright. We forgive you in advance.

David
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:29 pm

Since I am qualified for ambassador for next year I am pulling all my stays this year to IHG to earn more points through September 8th at least. 4x the points promo started this week. Plus paying extra for 20k point packages. I am looking at close to a million IHG points in 12 weeks.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Since I am qualified for ambassador for next year I am pulling all my stays this year to IHG to earn more points through September 8th at least. 4x the points promo started this week. Plus paying extra for 20k point packages. I am looking at close to a million IHG points in 12 weeks.
Are you finding 20k point bonus packages for one night stays? If yes may I ask what locations?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:49 am
Community Director Emerita

This is random, but I found a 1500 point/night offer for just $2 more than the lower rate I had found at Fairfield Inn Santa Maria, CA.
Brendan and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kamaainaflyer
The new promo will be a free travel sized container of Purell hand sanitizer beginning with your 2nd stay.
And just slightly too large to make it through TSA.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Are you finding 20k point bonus packages for one night stays? If yes may I ask what locations?
They are not open to the public. You have to go talk to the GM and negotiate with them. Example: with this pandemic a couple hotels I normally stay at are around $100 a night. I meet with the Gm's and ask them what they could do for $199 a night. I am not allowed to go over $199 a night. I have negotiated 2 hotels to 20k point packages and I will be going back and forth between in the two territories I cover.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And just slightly too large to make it through TSA.
That would be a generous sized bottle. TSA size limit on Hand Sanitizer allowed through a checkpoint in your carry-on is 12 ounces.

James

Hand Sanitizers

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: YesTSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer container up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Passengers can expect that these containers larger than the standard allowance of 3.4 ounces of liquids permitted through a checkpoint will need to be screened separately, which will add some time to their checkpoint screening experience.
Brendan, SPN Lifer and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
That would be a generous sized bottle. TSA size limit on Hand Sanitizer allowed through a checkpoint in your carry-on is 12 ounces.

James

Hand Sanitizers

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: YesTSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer container up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Passengers can expect that these containers larger than the standard allowance of 3.4 ounces of liquids permitted through a checkpoint will need to be screened separately, which will add some time to their checkpoint screening experience.
Well, it's part of Marriott's new "Self Cleaning" program.

David
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I am supportive of COVID Bingo. For instance:

1. Stay at a hotel where the restaurant is closed
2. Stay at a hotel where the restaurant is open
etc...

Problem is you don't get any points until the second time you cross out each box. And even then it's only 500 points per box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.